The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Cbj Looking To Deal 1St 2012

Schneider has a high asking price.

Raymond and Gragnani will both be RFAs who have some value (albeit not tons). Tanev is a NHL ready prospect.. Canucks also have their first 2 picks...

GMMG now has a trading relationship with Howson (via the Pahlsson deal).

Man, I would love to see Yakupov in a Canucks' jersey.

I think it's going to come down to the playoffs because Luongo is looking super shaky these last few games. So shaky that he could melt down again in the playoffs. I really thought he had his confidence back this season. His glove was amazing and he was playing with so much swag, but he seems to have let one bad goal get to him and carry on for a few games. Totally unacceptable to me. I know he has his NMC or w/e it is called, but there is no chance in hell Luongo stays on this team if he falls apart in the playoffs again. The fans, media and his own team may lose complete confidence in him if he pulls this act in the playoffs again.

At least we have Schneider this playoffs.

It isn't just Russians where CBJ has failed, it is pretty much every single player they've ever drafted besides Rick Nash or players who have found niches elsewhere.

Brule, Picard & Fritsche are all names off the top of my head.

Even though CBJ SHOULD re-build, the ownerships probably wanna take the fastest track to a playoff berth possible & of course affordable.

If they can trade Nash for an impact forward (plus some other parts) & their 1st for an impact goalie (plus some other parts) they might be in contention for 8th spot next year...

They have JJ & NN on defense. Wiz can hopefully restart next year for their sake.

Sign a FA or two.

Prospal is locked up. Umberger is locked up. Brassard is locked up, but I could see him being traded also.

They need to re-tool and bring in some new energy as well as winners and that organization needs to get its first playoff win IMO.

Archived