The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Cbj Looking To Deal 1St 2012

I really don't care if you don't like it. Yakupov could also be a bust. Destroying our team fro an unproven prospect is pathetic.

Schneider+Raymond should be enough, especially since they really need a goalie. Anything more is f*cking ridiculous.

Any hater can suck it if they think it isn't enough. If it really takes that much, then Gilles should walk away.

You guys are funny.

A potential elite goalie (unproven if he can do it for 50-60 games a year), an RFA possibly not worth his qualifying offer, and the 30th overall pick? You actually think Columbus will take that for the 1st overall pick?

It's going to take at least one other important piece. Replace Raymond with Hensen or Schroeder, and then you might be getting closer. But still, think of what other teams will be giving up to get that pick. Think of how much LA would give (Bernier + ???) to land Yakupov.

I actually think the only way we'd be able to outbid other teams is if the Blue Jackets have their sights squarely on Schneider, and only Schneider.

I really don't care if you don't like it. Yakupov could also be a bust. Destroying our team fro an unproven prospect is pathetic.

Schneider+Raymond should be enough, especially since they really need a goalie. Anything more is f*cking ridiculous.

Any hater can suck it if they think it isn't enough. If it really takes that much, then Gilles should walk away.

it's no secret that the bluejacket's are looking for goaltender help that being said schneider would be the major piece going that way our 1st pick top prospect and a roster player they would probably wont hansen but i doubt we would give him up easily.

We could afford to part with Hansen if we re-signed Pahlsson and iced a checking line of Higgins-Pahlsson-Kassian/Weise (Higgins, not Kassian/Weise, being the Hansen replacement).

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Yakupov

Higgins-Pahlsson-Kassian/Weise

Malhotra-Lapierre-Weise/Kassian

Let me put it this way, would YOU take Elliot and Chris Stewart for the first overall pick??? Didn't think so.

Raymond is barely a third liner this year and it's funny because you think that we're the only ones that know this. You don't think other teams have scouts that know he's been God awful this year?? Schneider is a great prospect and has potential for us to make a big trade. But you say "he could also be a bust." While this is true, it is also highly unlikely. And you think that a mediocre third line player, plus a current back-up goalie, is enough to draft the best possible player not drafted in the NHL?? What a joke.

And just for the record, just because I disagree with your proposal, doesn't mean I want to 'suck it' as you very appropriately suggested.

Just throwing this out there: what would you guys think of the possibility of including Jensen in this trade? Although he'd definitely benefit from another year in the minors/juniors, I believe he could get some decent ice time if he was to play for a team like Columbus. Of course, it would seriously suck to have to give him up and it would be a huge hit to our prospect pool, but I feel like it may just be the sweetner we need to pull this deal through, and may open up a way for us to not give up a player we wouldn't want to part with like Booth or Higgins

Proposed deal:

1st VAN

2nd VAN

Schneider

Jensen

Rights to Raymond

Ballard

for

1st overall (Yakupov)

Marc Methot

Sanford/Mason (depending if anything else is thrown in, and the value of Jensen)

------

Sedins - Burr

Booth - Kes - Yakupov

Higgens - Lapy - Kassian

(Moen) - Pahlsson - Malhotra <Would probably have some sick chemistry>

Edler - (Wideman/Suter) <With the projected salary cap raise I think we could realistically get one of these guys>

Bieksa - Hammer

Grags/Tanev - Methot

Luo

Lack (or Sanford/Mason depending on what happens in the deal)

^I think is a cup-favorite roster, if not with Dynasty potential

And the Jackets lineup:

Prospal - Johansen - Nash

Umberger - Brassard - Raymond

LW - Jensen - Dorsett

LW - C - Boll (sorry I have no idea who the Jackets depth players are)

Wiz - JJ

Moore - Tyutin

Ballard - Lebda/Martinek/Nikitin

Schneider

Mason/Sanford

^Not bad, especially since one of the other 2012 draftees could potentially crack their lineup, and does not include any potential FA signings

This is getting so old. Getting Columbus to trade their 1st overall will take a massive overpayment on Vancouver's part. Massive.

It won't take just Schneider and a 1st round pick. Considering Vancouver's picks in the draft for the next 3-4 years will be late 1st rounders, it will take a at least two of those, + Schneider, + prospect.

I can understand that people will think that's ridiculous, because it is. But that's what it would take to get the first overall pick from a crap franchise trying to stay afloat in a horrible market.

/\

To get that pick, you'd have to compete with offers like:

Toronto: Kadri, Schenn, Gustavsson, 1st round pick

LA: Bernier, Forbort, 1st round pick

Washington: Alzner, 1st round pick (theirs or Colorado's), 2nd round pick

They would be crazy offers, hoping to spark both the team and hope from the fanbase. We don't need either of those, we're fine. Which is why I said the only way we make a deal for them is if they're willing to take a "lesser" offer because they want Schneider more than anything.

this isnt true....i mean come on ask yourself "do you really think a rebuilding team is looking to deal the 1st overall pick?

they might be listening to offers, just to keep all options open but besides that yakupov will be heading to cbj

/\

To get that pick, you'd have to compete with offers like:

Toronto: Kadri, Schenn, Gustavsson, 1st round pick

LA: Bernier, Forbort, 1st round pick

Washington: Alzner, 1st round pick (theirs or Colorado's), 2nd round pick

They would be crazy offers, hoping to spark both the team and hope from the fanbase. We don't need either of those, we're fine. Which is why I said the only way we make a deal for them is if they're willing to take a "lesser" offer because they want Schneider more than anything.

This is getting so old. Getting Columbus to trade their 1st overall will take a massive overpayment on Vancouver's part. Massive.

It won't take just Schneider and a 1st round pick. Considering Vancouver's picks in the draft for the next 3-4 years will be late 1st rounders, it will take a at least two of those, + Schneider, + prospect.

I can understand that people will think that's ridiculous, because it is. But that's what it would take to get the first overall pick from a crap franchise trying to stay afloat in a horrible market.

I don't believe it's going to take that massive of an over payment to get columbus' first overall pick, with the return they are likely to get for Nash from another team, plus what we could offer them for that pick, plus essentially what they could trade Mason for, they actually couldn't be in too bad of shape next year saying we traded shneids + raymond + a prospect + our first overall pick.

Archived