The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Cbj Looking To Deal 1St 2012

Marc Antoine Godin ‏ @MAGodin Répondre Retweeter Favori · Ouvrir

NHL execs from three different teams told me #CBJ are expected to trade their 1st round pick (likely 1st overall) at upcoming draft #yakupov

I saw this on the hfboards and thought I'd start a discussion on this. The guy is a beat writer of the Habs.

**Note: if he's not reliable then mods delete.

Ummmm, who is here is surprised? The only time it wasn't up for grabs was 2005 and 2004. Every year, what they will do tell the leauge, that the 1st overall pick is avaialble, and they will just see what offers they will get for it, to see what options are available. In this case, they might actually be a little more serious, and just not doing it to see what is offered because Columbus might have another early pick from LA if they miss the playoffs. But nothing to really see here. I am expecting them to use this pick. They do have crap luck when it comes to drafting russian players, terrible luck actually.

I agree that cjb would be nervous to draft another Russian. Now would the Canucks package up to get the draft pick then shop the pick. I could see that happening. This could be a crazy year because I could see the ©Oilers and if Montreal is 3rd they could shop their pick as well

If the asking price is anywhere near the price of Nash, no thanks.

Honestly though, this gets rumored every year. Obviously any GM witht he first overall pick is gonna see what teams would offer them for it. They wouldn't be doing their jobs if they didn't.

I would love to see Yakupov on a Canadian team. The exposure for such an electrifying player would be unreal. To see him thriving in Montreal or Edmonton would be the best thing to ever happen to the kid. He certainly has the potential to be a superstar in this league.

i would think columbus will have another 1st round pick when they trade nash.....columbus needs to be competitive sooner than later.....it is no secret that the jackets covet schneider.....tampa, nj, edmonton anaheim and possibly florida will be battling to get him....getting a schneider, will be like getting a proven top goalie....imo, we will get a lot for schneids and more if he is in a package...what would each gm be willing to pay for a corner stone player?

Archived