The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Cbj Looking To Deal 1St 2012

Thinking again, they should draft Nail Yakupov. It was Scott Howson that screwed up Nikita Filatov. He should have been assigned to the Sudbury Wolves as an 18 year old to learn the North American game and how to play defense. Instead using his status as a European, he assigned him to play in the AHL and puts up points at nearly a point per game pace and thinks he's a hot shot.

I seriously think that this is Luongos last year to prove himself; most likely the reason MG didn't deal Schneider at the deadline. If Luongo falters badly this playoffs he will be traded and Cory will become the number 1 with Lack as his back-up.

regardless what happens with cbj about nash and their lottery pick im more interested in what will happen in Vancouver if the canucks get bounced early.i still want us to move up in the draft and get a highly regarded defense-man murray is the best but dumba reilly trouba or pouilet would all be great.any rumours of cbj,s asking price on their lottery pick.

I would rather have Brett Connolly and Tampa's first than Yakupov.

Tampa is currently 21st , on TSN's draft ranking at # 9 is Griffin Reinhart. 6'4 , 210 pound defenseman from West Vancouver.

Currently at 55gp - 12g, 23a, 35 points , and plus 23.

Son of former NHL defenceman Paul Reinhart and brother of fellow WHLers Sam and Max. Has reached the 50-point mark in his WHL career before the age of 18, a rare feat for a 6-4 WHL defenceman. Strengths: Very few 6-4 blueliners can skate and handle the puck like Reinhart, and those attributes alone will intrigue lots of scouts. Has a hard point shot that often finds its mark, good passing skills.

NHL upside: Has been compared by some scouts to Dougie Hamilton. Has the size, skill and skating ability to be a top two NHL defenceman.

Give me Prince Georges Connolly and West Van's Reinhart over Yakupov anyday.

I could see CBJ moving the #1 pick... given that they have LA's 1st, and will probably generate another 1st from any deal involving Nash, they could afford to move the 1st overall pick for a nice package.... Including dangling it for a Schneider package...

Lets put it this way....

I wouldn't trade Schneider for the 2nd pick a lone. If Yakupov didn't say he was a CAnucks fan, Bure was his Idol etc etc

I would rather have Brett Connolly and Tampa's first than Yakupov.

Tampa is currently 21st , on TSN's draft ranking at # 9 is Griffin Reinhart. 6'4 , 210 pound defenseman from West Vancouver.

Currently at 55gp - 12g, 23a, 35 points , and plus 23.

Son of former NHL defenceman Paul Reinhart and brother of fellow WHLers Sam and Max. Has reached the 50-point mark in his WHL career before the age of 18, a rare feat for a 6-4 WHL defenceman. Strengths: Very few 6-4 blueliners can skate and handle the puck like Reinhart, and those attributes alone will intrigue lots of scouts. Has a hard point shot that often finds its mark, good passing skills.

NHL upside: Has been compared by some scouts to Dougie Hamilton. Has the size, skill and skating ability to be a top two NHL defenceman.

Give me Prince Georges Connolly and West Van's Reinhart over Yakupov anyday.

I think MG will make a BIG splash at the draft just to calm Canuck nation about giving up skill in Hodgson. He needs to replace that kind of skill in the organization. If we get Yakupov, watch out! He will be an immediate impact player that will contribute right away without waiting long for him to develop. He's got the complete package and will be the young superstar to build the team around as our core ages. Columbus wants Schneider plain and simple and they know Tampa also wants him. Why do you think they leaked that tidbit of info about being willing to deal the 1st pick?.....To tell Tampa that they will be the ones to get Schneider. This will definitely get Vancouver's attention and I do believe that's what MG had told Columbus he wanted. We'll see.

Archived