The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Cbj Looking To Deal 1St 2012

Now this is a deal i can very well see happening for a number of reasons.

1. The russian factor and if col burns this pick and he bolts this franchise is done.

2. THey could of made the move when they moved carter and aquired bernier but instead they went with johnson. Right there I think was the time i made up my mind that Columbus was whole heatedly in on schneider come summer.

3. The canucks have the assets to pull of a deal like this.

However everyone here is on the Yakupov train and don't get me wrong i think he is a great talent and will be a star in this league but I dont think he will be as effective as grigorenko down the road. This reminds me exactly of the scenerio of Ovie and Malkin, If you looked back now id wager more GMS would take the Big center opposed to the quick winger. Thing is though grigorenko can play the wing as well! The kid is a freakin monster! So the question i ask is not if this deal will get done because im pretty sure it will but who do you draft! I love em both but I would take the Big russian with a ton of skill opposed to the quick russian with a ton of skill.

Now this is a deal i can very well see happening for a number of reasons.

1. The russian factor and if col burns this pick and he bolts this franchise is done.

2. THey could of made the move when they moved carter and aquired bernier but instead they went with johnson. Right there I think was the time i made up my mind that Columbus was whole heatedly in on schneider come summer.

3. The canucks have the assets to pull of a deal like this.

However everyone here is on the Yakupov train and don't get me wrong i think he is a great talent and will be a star in this league but I dont think he will be as effective as grigorenko down the road. This reminds me exactly of the scenerio of Ovie and Malkin, If you looked back now id wager more GMS would take the Big center opposed to the quick winger. Thing is though grigorenko can play the wing as well! The kid is a freakin monster! So the question i ask is not if this deal will get done because im pretty sure it will but who do you draft! I love em both but I would take the Big russian with a ton of skill opposed to the quick russian with a ton of skill.

Sedins+Luongo

for

Columbus 1st round pick+Johansen+Nash+Methot

Nash-Kesler-Burrows

Higgens-Johansen-Booth

Kassian-Phalsson-Raymond

Lapierre-Malholtra-Hansen

Yakopov- in minors

Edler-Bieksa

Hamhuis-Tanev

Methot-Rome

Schneider

Lack

I can't believe the horrible deals I am seeing for the first overall pick. I don't care if it is first overall, it is still for a player who isn't NHL proven. Schneider + Raymond should be more than enough for their first round pick. They are getting a proven NHL-ready goaltender will be a true number one goalie, plus a still young and skilled forward who would do well with a change of pace, all for someone with the potential to be an NHL star or a bust.

<p>

I can't believe the horrible deals I am seeing for the first overall pick. I don't care if it is first overall, it is still for a player who isn't NHL proven. Schneider + Raymond should be more than enough for their first round pick. They are getting a proven NHL-ready goaltender will be a true number one goalie, plus a still young and skilled forward who would do well with a change of pace, all for someone with the potential to be an NHL star or a bust.

During yesterday's hotstove one of the guys was saying how Tambellini was willing to deal his 1st rounder pick as he believes that they are done rebuilding.

If they weren't in our division I'd gladly offer up Schneids+Tanev/Grags/Connauton/Sauve+our 1st rounder.

<p>

So basically you're saying the Canucks could have gotten unpoven guys like Crosby,Malkin,Ovechkin,Stamkos,Hall,Seguin,Ryan Nugent-H ect at the draft for a package like Schneider+Raymond because they've played more games at the NHL level?Raymond this year has 16 points in 46 games on one of the best offensive teams and 152 points in 320 career games.....not good.Schneider is far from proven having only started 50 games in 3 seasons which is 11 games less then Steve Mason had in his rookie year when everone thought he was the next Patrick Roy. I think it'll take alot more than those two.Something like Schneider, Raymond/Schroeder, Jensen, 1st round pick, 2nd round pick.

Archived