207 replies to this topic

#151 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 03:17 AM

Schneider right now is worth CBJs first overall pick and then some. Bernier might have the same potential, but fact is Corys won consistently in this league when given the chance. Adding Schneider, along with Jack Johnson, Brassard, Johanson, and maybe a big time sniper in the summer (Parise?) I think it would be extremely hard for Nash to resist being part of that nucleaus. As good as Yakupov is, the chances of CBJ making it to the playoffs is almost guaranteed

Not quiiiteee.... If the BJs offer us the 1st overall (or the 2nd, Grigs is awesome too) pick for Schneider straight up, I'm taking it and yelling to the limo driver to start the car.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#152 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,904 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

Not quiiiteee.... If the BJs offer us the 1st overall (or the 2nd, Grigs is awesome too) pick for Schneider straight up, I'm taking it and yelling to the limo driver to start the car.

If another team happens to win the lottery and Columbus falls to 2nd, Vancouver will use that pick to probably select Ryan Murray instead of Grigorenko, who still remains high is the CSS but according to other scouts, droping on their list.
November 20th 2013, Canucks just lost their 5th straight game. Last time this happened the Canucks, they missed the playoffs.

#153 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 06 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

Schneider right now is worth CBJs first overall pick and then some.

You are so far off it's hard for anyone to be more wrong.

You drastically underestimate the value of a #1 overall pick.

I guarantee you that there is no way in hell that we could trade Schneider alone for the #1 pick, let alone for the #1 pick and then some.

If a deal happens to get the #1 pick, we'll be giving up more than just Schneider.

#154 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 10:06 PM

... in fact, a number one overall pick is so valuable compared to a second overall pick, which incidently Columbus now has, that the Canucks could trade Schneider for the 2nd overall pick; that's how valuable a 1st overall is.

The Canucks still have a chance to exchange Schneider Columbus' 2nd overall and draft Grigorenko, Murray or even Yakupov if the Oilers decide not to select the obvious route.

TSN compared Ryan Murray to Trevor Linden whereby Linden will be a piece to build a team around while Modano, or Grigorenko, have star quality.

In theory, this draft could be Vancouver's to chose second overall.

Edited by GHL, 11 April 2012 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image

#155 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:02 PM

If Columbus is more willing to deal their pick now that they have the second overall, I would love to see the Canucks draft Grigorenko.

This guy is too good to pass up, I have a feeling he will be better than Yakupov. He may not put up as many points, but I think he'll be way mor dynamic.

I think this will be a case of Ovechkin Vs Malkin, excpect obviously neither of these guys will be as good.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#156 MariWanna

MariWanna

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 699 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:32 PM

I think this would be amazing.
We could give up Raymond and Schneider for the pick..in a perfect world.

BELIEVE

"The more saves you make, the more they rally around you. And you do whatever it takes to keep them believing. That's what a city can do for a goalie, and a goalie can do for a city."

Posted Image

#157 The Läck Ness Monster

The Läck Ness Monster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 10 April 2012 - 11:50 PM

I think this would be amazing.
We could give up Raymond and Schneider for the pick..in a perfect world.

Actually, I can't see a package for that pick being too different from this. Maybe add our 1st for a future 2nd rounder + Dorsett?

#158 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,263 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 01:10 AM

Or if we wanna deal for the Maple Leafs number 5 pick, we could draft Forsberg or Dumba. Both are beasts, it just depends whether we want a forward or a defenceman.

It sounds like Burke is going to be desperate for a goaltender this offseason.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#159 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 05:46 AM

Did Bure really like it here in Vancouver? :sick:

I was not aware Gillis was his agent. Was he at the time Burke traded him for Jovo?

Makes you wonder how MG got our job... :bigblush:

Nail Yakupov's agent = Igor Larionov

Bure's mentor in Vancouver... Igor Larionov.

;)

Although realistically, I don't see Vancouver making a pitch for Yakupov. I would love to see it happen though.

#160 D-Money

D-Money

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,501 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

I could see Montreal going hard at moving up in this draft to get Grigorenko.

They have a pretty solid D-core already, with a young stud (Subban) and 2 bluechip studs in their system (Tinordi, Beauilieu). Their franchise goalie is young, and they are fairly deep prospect-wise on the wings. The one glaring need they have is a big #1 center.

Edmonton may prefer to draft a D-man, and Columbus will probably want to avoid another Russian disaster, so either team could be a trading partner.

Edited by D-Money, 11 April 2012 - 08:00 AM.

Posted Image

#161 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,947 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 09:18 AM

How many games have u watched this year?

Here's a question for ya:

What if we flame out early in the playoffs (1st or 2nd round) and Burrows has a repeat of his '09-'10 postseason numbers (3g 3a 6pts but 2 of those 3 goals were empty netters) despite playing with the twins? Would you start to question whether or not the twins were still benefiting from his play?

#162 canucklehead44

canucklehead44

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,140 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:13 PM

Is it worth giving up Schneider for Ryan Murray? I think a better trade for both teams would be Schneider for Jenner and Savard (other pieces thrown in).Jenner would slot nicely onto our 3rd line for the 13/14 season and Savard could role into Salo's slot once he retires. in 13/14 we could possibly have an effective 3rd line centre and number 4 dman for under 1 million each. This would open up a lot of space to spend elsewhere.

We would also have Eddie Lack as back-up, who could potentially be as good as Schneider.

Edited by canucklehead44, 11 April 2012 - 02:16 PM.

Sig too big.

#163 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,168 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:52 PM

Is it worth giving up Schneider for Ryan Murray? I think a better trade for both teams would be Schneider for Jenner and Savard (other pieces thrown in).Jenner would slot nicely onto our 3rd line for the 13/14 season and Savard could role into Salo's slot once he retires. in 13/14 we could possibly have an effective 3rd line centre and number 4 dman for under 1 million each. This would open up a lot of space to spend elsewhere.

We would also have Eddie Lack as back-up, who could potentially be as good as Schneider.

Interesting idea.

Something like Schneider + Sauve for Jenner, Savard, a 3rd and the Canucks' 4th?

I think it might be a realistic way to actually clear Ballard's salary, if the Canucks were willing to take on Steve Mason, it would also solve the goalie issue of losing Schneider.

Something like Schneider, Ballard + Sauve for Jenner, Savard, Mason + Canucks' 4th round pick

And if Mason isn't fit by the halfway point of the season to be backup on a contender, then call up King Lack or maybe even Cannata.

A bottom pairing next year of Gragnani or Connauton - Savard would actually be pretty awesome. I wonder where Tanev would fit at that point though.

#164 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 32,214 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 02:59 PM

If Columbus is more willing to deal their pick now that they have the second overall, I would love to see the Canucks draft Grigorenko.

This guy is too good to pass up, I have a feeling he will be better than Yakupov. He may not put up as many points, but I think he'll be way mor dynamic.

I think this will be a case of Ovechkin Vs Malkin, excpect obviously neither of these guys will be as good.

this. I'd much rather cory go to the east, and I'd much rather have Grigs, especially since the cost of their pick suddenly dropped significantly.

#165 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,444 posts

Posted 11 April 2012 - 03:19 PM

How many games have u watched this year?

Every single Canucks game and tons of out of market games. Why?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#166 70seven

70seven

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 09:12 AM

Not a horrible idea, but when you consider value for value...

Schneider = Possible franchise goalie. Somewhat proven
Jenner = Possible two way 3rd line center. Un-proven
Savard = Possible 3/4 offensive d-man. Un-proven

We know way more about Schneiders development, and what he'll likley become... A top teir, and possible franchise goaltender. I think we need a player of similar value in return. Someone with at least the potential of having a franchise label on them. Neither of the players youve suggested have this label.

I do like Jenner a lot though, and it'd be nice to snap up Jensens centerman from Junior, and watch them develop together. Perhaps he could be had if we added to the deal...?

Schneider, Raymond, Tanev, 1st
for
Nash, Jenner

...trading Tanev opens up a space for Justin Schultz... :bigblush:

#167 Merci

Merci

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 03:26 PM

Hope we get Murray.

19 and playing at the WHC. Clearly the best choice.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#168 GM

GM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 398 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hope we get Murray.

19 and playing at the WHC.  Clearly the best choice.

It was GM Kevin Lowe who invited him to play for team Canada who's also the President of the Oilers........I think the Oilers might pass on Yakupov because of Hall,Hopkins,Eberle,Paajarvi,Hemsky and go for Murray.

#169 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,266 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:14 PM

It was GM Kevin Lowe who invited him to play for team Canada who's also the President of the Oilers........I think the Oilers might pass on Yakupov because of Hall,Hopkins,Eberle,Paajarvi,Hemsky and go for Murray.

I think Oilers would rather swap picks with Columbus before doing that. They may ask for LA first or Columbus 2nd to swap
Posted Image

#170 Joel Heyman

Joel Heyman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:21 AM

I think Oilers would rather swap picks with Columbus before doing that. They may ask for LA first or Columbus 2nd to swap

I was reading some Columbus forums stuff and they were hinting that they might play chicken with Edmonton and how Howson might tell Tambellini that he's fine picking Murray or Yakupov, and force the Oilers to use the 1st on Murray if they want him.

i44w87.jpgryanroyazzopardi+rolled+a+random+image+p
Blue Team

#171 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:13 AM

Says who?Bernier is 2 years younger but slightly less proven, both have big potential but LA would be able to add better pieces.I don't see how they would take Schneider over Bernier if the Kings are adding higher picks and better prospects. Bernier=Schneider

Being younger doesn't mean better. Schneider is more seasoned as an NHL player, more proven, still young and has elite franchise goalie written all over him. Bernier hasn't even played much and he isn't as good as Schneider. This is like me saying that Kassian = Couturier

Posted Image

#172 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:15 AM

It was noted by many that if Columbus wanted Bernier they would have asked for him in the Carter trade..

THEY WANT SCHNEIDER!

Columbus has been eyeing Schneider for 3 years now. They want him bad and I bet they will trade the 2nd overall pick for him to get him

Posted Image

#173 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:24 AM

... in fact, a number one overall pick is so valuable compared to a second overall pick, which incidently Columbus now has, that the Canucks could trade Schneider for the 2nd overall pick; that's how valuable a 1st overall is.

The Canucks still have a chance to exchange Schneider Columbus' 2nd overall and draft Grigorenko, Murray or even Yakupov if the Oilers decide not to select the obvious route.

TSN compared Ryan Murray to Trevor Linden whereby Linden will be a piece to build a team around while Modano, or Grigorenko, have star quality.

In theory, this draft could be Vancouver's to chose second overall.

Grigorenko is where its at. I don't really like Ryan Murray and he sucked in the WJC game against Russia. We need Grig, a big body, skilled forward.

Posted Image

#174 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:27 AM

I think Columbus would have that pick traded straight up for Schneider or maybe Schneider plus Van's 1st round pick. Then they would keep LA's first and with Vancouver's first, get two prospects in round 1 of the draft along with having Schneider. No reason for CBJ to trade their 1st with Oiler's 1st when they want to trade that pick.

Posted Image

#175 Merci

Merci

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,695 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:09 AM

I think Columbus would have that pick traded straight up for Schneider or maybe Schneider plus Van's 1st round pick. Then they would keep LA's first and with Vancouver's first, get two prospects in round 1 of the draft along with having Schneider. No reason for CBJ to trade their 1st with Oiler's 1st when they want to trade that pick.

Yep it's developing into a win/win for us.

Murray either lights it up or doesn't. Edmonton is forced into picking Murray, Vancouver gets Yakupov and the Sedins become the most dangerous line in hockey.
Or
Murray lights it up and they still pick Yakupov.

With the way Ballard is playing I am very hard pressed into drafting Murray in the first place though but, Murray is more proven than Edler Bieksa or Ballard.

Tough choice, I think AS good as Taylor Hall is you need to throw Yakupov on the wing with RNH, Khabibulin is Russian and will take Yakupov under his wing.

Tambellini saw how his team came out of the gate last year, could you imagine if Yakupov was added? Me thinks Murray is a lock.

vPTJpcO.jpg

#176 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:37 AM

Yep it's developing into a win/win for us.

Murray either lights it up or doesn't. Edmonton is forced into picking Murray, Vancouver gets Yakupov and the Sedins become the most dangerous line in hockey.
Or
Murray lights it up and they still pick Yakupov.

With the way Ballard is playing I am very hard pressed into drafting Murray in the first place though but, Murray is more proven than Edler Bieksa or Ballard.

Tough choice, I think AS good as Taylor Hall is you need to throw Yakupov on the wing with RNH, Khabibulin is Russian and will take Yakupov under his wing.

Tambellini saw how his team came out of the gate last year, could you imagine if Yakupov was added? Me thinks Murray is a lock.

I think Oilers will go with BPA. No way they will pick Murray 1st overall, unless they want to trade down and get confirmation that he will be available in the spot they drop down to. I will also say that I'd rather the Canucks get Grigorenko because he will be ranked 2nd after Yakupov. I think we can get defense via trade or UFA route. Plus, defensemen develop much later than forwards and we want to win a cup now. We need to get more high end skilled players, especially since we lost Hodgson and we only rely on Sedins and Kesler. Grigo can play wing or Center so he would fit into our 1st or 2nd line.

Posted Image

#177 LegionOfDoom

LegionOfDoom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 414 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:19 PM

If Canucks happened to move up for that gregorenko, would they be doing the Pittsburg format and run 3 deep centers? I don't know much about Greg but can he play 3 spot like couturier? Shut down? Or is he pure typical Russian offensive minded threat? And is he NHL ready? Cuz this is our window and it's important to move Schneider for a piece that will help us win now

#178 Canuckz101

Canuckz101

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:59 PM

If Canucks happened to move up for that gregorenko, would they be doing the Pittsburg format and run 3 deep centers? I don't know much about Greg but can he play 3 spot like couturier? Shut down? Or is he pure typical Russian offensive minded threat? And is he NHL ready? Cuz this is our window and it's important to move Schneider for a piece that will help us win now

From all accounts, he seems to be NHL ready. A pick that high is usually ready to step in and in his case he not only has size (6ft 3" tall . I don't have his actual weight right now but I do know he is over 200 lbs and he is still growing.) but a ton of skill. He doesn't shy away from the physical stuff either. He is being compared to Evgeny Malkin skillwise so I think he can step into our lineup right away with minimal time needed to adjust. He would be the big dominant centre we've never drafted.

Edited by Canuckz101, 17 April 2012 - 05:02 PM.

#179 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:52 AM

From all accounts, he seems to be NHL ready. A pick that high is usually ready to step in and in his case he not only has size (6ft 3" tall . I don't have his actual weight right now but I do know he is over 200 lbs and he is still growing.) but a ton of skill. He doesn't shy away from the physical stuff either. He is being compared to Evgeny Malkin skillwise so I think he can step into our lineup right away with minimal time needed to adjust. He would be the big dominant centre we've never drafted.

Henrik Sedin? Kesler (not so much this season)? .. even hodgson probably in 5 years we've drafted them all.... edit: did you just edit big into that? that makes more sense

Anyways I would love to see the Canucks move up this draft for Grigs or Nail. Yakupov would be my pick of the two. Perfect offensive replacement for the post Sedin era. But I really think the smarter thing to do would be to keep Schneider, he's younger, doesn't have a huge contract, and he's just been an all around better goalie than Lu this year. I have nothing against Luongo. it just makes more sense to keep Schneider. But idk if the return for Lu would be as high as Schneider. Do you guys think Lu alone could get the 1st pick? if not Lu plus what? I think Luongo a prospect (maybe Rodin or Sauve) and our 2nd round pick would be more than enough..

Edited by Ashbury17, 19 April 2012 - 12:53 AM.

#180 Hobbes71

Hobbes71

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 08:27 AM

i would love to see Yakupov in a nucks jersey next season. Trade Raymond, Ballard, Suave, and Jensen for CBJ's 1st overall. then we sign Yakupov, and have a couple mill in salary dump back to do other things

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.