Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Cbj Looking To Deal 1St 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
207 replies to this topic

#181 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 21 April 2012 - 09:04 AM

i would love to see Yakupov in a nucks jersey next season. Trade Raymond, Ballard, Suave, and Jensen for CBJ's 1st overall. then we sign Yakupov, and have a couple mill in salary dump back to do other things

In case you haven't heard, Edmonton's picking 1st overall, CBJ second. Either way, there's no way anyone would accept our spare pieces and a few prospects for such a high draft pick. Only way we'd get a top 2 pick would be a trade involving Schneider.
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#182 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 23 April 2012 - 09:48 PM

Schneider for CBJ's 2nd overall. Pick Grigorenko.

#183 .Naslund

.Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:14 PM

I'd do it for sure
Posted Image

#184 CrippledCanuck

CrippledCanuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 673 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 10:18 PM

Schneider = not going anywhere imo

#185 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 01:59 AM

Schneider = not going anywhere imo

Schneider for Grigorenko = done in a heart beat imo

#186 Grags2Kass

Grags2Kass

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 03:06 AM

I think grigorenko is going to drop with his pretty awful playoffs this year, unless he was injured which he says he wasn't.

Edited by Grags2Kass, 25 April 2012 - 03:06 AM.

Posted Image

#187 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:26 PM

Schneider for Grigorenko = done in a heart beat imo

That is assuming we can't move Luongo. Then yeah, I'd take that deal. IF we can move Lu for a good package, then no, I won't do that deal. Also, I would try and get F. Forsberg not Grigorenko, because Grigo doesn't seem to have the right character.

Edited by Pouria, 25 April 2012 - 08:27 PM.

Posted Image

#188 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:46 PM

That is assuming we can't move Luongo. Then yeah, I'd take that deal. IF we can move Lu for a good package, then no, I won't do that deal. Also, I would try and get F. Forsberg not Grigorenko, because Grigo doesn't seem to have the right character.

I made a thread on here more than a year ago about Grigo. This is before he came over to play in Canada. I said at the time that in the long run Grigo IMO would be better than Yakupov. I still believe that. Forsberg is going to be a great player as well but I would take Grigo 1st overall if it was my choice.

Luongo is not only moveable he will bring back a significant return. His contract in reality is 6 more years at 5.3 caphit and 6.7 salary. Thats a pretty good contract for a goalie of Luongo's calibre.

Edit ,, there is nothing wrong about Grigo's character. He played under Patrick Roy the past year. I grew up watching Roy, no way Roy keeps him on his team if something wrong.

Edited by WHL rocks, 25 April 2012 - 11:49 PM.

#189 unbridled_id

unbridled_id

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,873 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 10:20 AM

I think after the Carter trade the Jackets want to keep their high picks. Lou's salary is 6.714 for six years, the cap hit is 5.3 for the next ten... His best years are behind him and the contract has a significant effect on the return...
"If the past sits in judgment on the present, the future will be lost." Winston Churchill

“Lady Nancy Astor: Winston, if you were my husband, I'd poison your tea.
Churchill: Nancy, if I were your husband, I'd drink it.”

#190 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,863 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 04:59 AM

you never know how draft picks will pan out. Even with a high pick the players could not make a big impact or even end up playing in the KHL, or Sweden, etc.
There is always a risk with draft picks, but with a high one there can be a big reward.

Trading away their first and getting a player that is already established may not be the worst idea. They could try and get a young guy that is bound to break through soon.

team-canada-jarome-iginla-photo.jpg

#191 RO8!!

RO8!!

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,630 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:37 AM

you never know how draft picks will pan out. Even with a high pick the players could not make a big impact or even end up playing in the KHL, or Sweden, etc.
There is always a risk with draft picks, but with a high one there can be a big reward.

Trading away their first and getting a player that is already established may not be the worst idea. They could try and get a young guy that is bound to break through soon.

Especially a goalie if they start playing lock down defense like many of the teams still in the playoffs; Nashville, Phoenix, St.Louis and New York. Everybody whines about why isn't Luongo like the 1st year we had him and it is because we play a lot more offensive and give up a lot more breaks. If CBJ wants to win games it is not a bad idea but they need everyone on their team to buy in and they should probably acquire a couple more forwards even still otherwise their gonna lose a lot of the games by virtue of not scoring enough to stay in the game.

"Hey this milk is bad. Maybe tomorrow it'll be better."

Canucks NYG Celtics Fan

#192 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 09:54 AM

I'd rather take Ryan Murray, canadian defender, calm and cool, skates well, scott neidermeyer potential.

#193 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,684 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:19 AM

It's risky taking Russians. Might as well draft a player who will play for you.

Granted it's a high risk/ high reward situation. When they're great they're great.

#194 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,143 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:22 PM

I'd rather take Ryan Murray, canadian defender, calm and cool, skates well, scott neidermeyer potential.

Not even close and I mean it. I have watched a bit of Murray but its way to early to compare him to a HOFer in Neidermayer. There is no telling yet which trajectory his career will go.

#195 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,264 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 02:51 PM

Drafting a defenceman in the top 3 is a horrible idea. More often then not they end up not reaching their potential.

The thing is, it's a much bigger leap for defencemen to translate their game from junior to the the NHL, then it is for a forward to translate their game. Always go with the forward.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#196 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 06:47 PM

Drafting a defenceman in the top 3 is a horrible idea. More often then not they end up not reaching their potential.

The thing is, it's a much bigger leap for defencemen to translate their game from junior to the the NHL, then it is for a forward to translate their game. Always go with the forward.

Meh, I think I'll disagree, some defencemen are able to jump straight in, Gudbranson (3rd overall 2010), Doughty, Bogosian, Pietrangelo (2008 2nd - 3rd - 4th overall).

I do agree it's tougher to see the skillsets in the defensemen so if not scouted throughly, but there's just as much risk with a forward not being able to make plays with the less room there is in the nhl.

Of course it's early to compare him to a HOF'r Niedermeyer but his ease of skating and hockey IQ are very niedermeyer-like

#197 Twisticles

Twisticles

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 03 May 2012 - 10:49 PM

Lou + 1st(2012) + 1st(2013) + Raymond's Rights

for

Nash + 1st

(If Lou means it when he says "I Just want to do what is the best for the team")

Edited by Twisticles, 03 May 2012 - 10:50 PM.

#198 Karlsson`s Flo

Karlsson`s Flo

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,378 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:49 PM

Lou + 1st(2012) + 1st(2013) + Raymond's Rights

for

Nash + 1st

(If Lou means it when he says "I Just want to do what is the best for the team")

That's not going to get Nash and their 1st. They would ask you to switch 1 of those 1sts with Edler.

#199 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,925 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

If Cbj is on Lu's list, I doubt it, but if it is, I could see somethig like this:

To Columbus: Luongo + Ballard + Malhotra + 2nd

To Vancouver: Umberger + 1st

Too much or too little?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#200 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,308 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 09:17 AM

I think after the Carter trade the Jackets want to keep their high picks. Lou's salary is 6.714 for six years, the cap hit is 5.3 for the next ten... His best years are behind him and the contract has a significant effect on the return...

Don't forget that the 'out' on Lou's contract goes with him. Any team taking his contract can move him in 3 years if they trigger that option. The limit is that Lou gives them a short list of where he wants to go. I also disagree that his best years are gone. He is in his prime and has at least 3 more great years at 33.

The interesting thing about Columbus is whether their fan base (the few who are left) will accept a full rebuild which means at least 5 years in the cellar. The franchise might be toast by that time. Philly is the best example of a fast rebuild that I have seen in years. CBJ are in way worse shape and with Nash gone what attraction will they have? It can make orgs grasp at straws by dealing talent for short term gains to reach playoffs. Oh, CBJ have already tried this several times now? :(

#201 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • 6,574 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:33 PM

I made a thread on here more than a year ago about Grigo. This is before he came over to play in Canada. I said at the time that in the long run Grigo IMO would be better than Yakupov. I still believe that. Forsberg is going to be a great player as well but I would take Grigo 1st overall if it was my choice.

Luongo is not only moveable he will bring back a significant return. His contract in reality is 6 more years at 5.3 caphit and 6.7 salary. Thats a pretty good contract for a goalie of Luongo's calibre.

Edit ,, there is nothing wrong about Grigo's character. He played under Patrick Roy the past year. I grew up watching Roy, no way Roy keeps him on his team if something wrong.

No you wouldn't. You would trade down (and gain another pick) to get him ;)

Do you think now that Columbus is picking 2nd that they are less likely to trade it? The trade value of 2nd pick is much lower than first (especially since there is no consensus pick for number 2), and now it is not a Russian player that they would be drafting.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#202 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 03:50 PM

Neidermeyer was a great Dman, If Murray is going to be the next Neidermeyer he would be going 1st overall, not 2nd.

Edited by WHL rocks, 05 May 2012 - 04:58 PM.

#203 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 05 May 2012 - 04:30 PM

If Cbj is on Lu's list, I doubt it, but if it is, I could see somethig like this:

Too much or too little?

That would never happen because Lou is never going to go to Columbus. IF that did happen then you would be trading Kesler or Umberger. They hate each other and Umberger was drafted by the canucks and decided to sit out an entire year instead of signing with us.

#204 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,465 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 04:48 PM

Funny; Niedermayer was picked 3rd overall, exactly where Murray will get picked? B)

Neidermeyer was a great Dman, If Murray is going to be the next Neidermeyer he would be going 1st overall, not 2nd.

#205 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,570 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:09 PM

Grigorenko was ranked in the mid 20's by a few scouts because at times lacking interest, lacking an intensity and lacking physical play. Of course some scouts rank differently, (some love work effort) but I guess based on overall skill he is a top 3 player, it's Ryan Murray all the way. I actually think Galthencyuk would have went 2nd if he didn't get injured.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#206 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,925 posts

Posted 06 May 2012 - 10:13 PM

Sigh...if only Lu would waive for Cbj...

I know a three way like this will never have a hope in hell in happening, but if Gillis wanted to pull a Burke and trade up for the 1st and 2nd overall picks...

To Columbus: Taylor Hall + Keith Ballard + rights to Mason Raymond + Nikolai Khabibulin + Kevin Bieksa + 2013 2nd (Van) + 2013 3rd (Van) + 2012 2nd (Van)

To Edmonton: Rick Nash + Roberto Luongo + Jack Johnson + 2012 1st (Van)

To Vancouver: 2012 1st (Edm) + 2012 1st (Cbj)

Vancouver drafts Nail Yakupov (1st ovr) and Ryan Murray (2nd ovr)

Van signings: Ryan Suter

Canucks 2012-13 line up:

Sedin - Sedin - Yakupov
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Schroeder - Hansen
Jensen - Lapierre - Kassian

Edler - Suter
Hamhuis - Murray
Tanev - Connauton

Schneider
Lack

Cbj signings: Tomas Vokoun, Travis Moen, Paul Gaustad

Cbj 2012-13 line up:

Taylor Hall - Ryan Johansen - RJ Umberger
Cam Atkinson - Derrick Brassard - Kristian Huselius
Travis Moen - Paul Gaustad - Vinny Prospal
Derrick Dorsett - Mark Letestu - Jared Boll

James Wisniewski - Kevin Bieksa
Keith Ballard - Fedor Tyutin
John Moore - Marc Methot

Tomas Vokoun
Nikolai Khabibulin

Edm signings: Brad Stuart, Jarret Stoll, Matt Carle

Edm 2012-13 line up:

Rick Nash - RNH - Jordan Eberle
Ryan Smyth - Sam Gagner - Ales Hemsky
Ryan Jones - Jarret Stoll - Shawn Horcoff
Linus Omark - Eric Belanger - Ben Eager

Jack Johnson - Brad Stuart
Ryan Whitney - Matt Carle
Cam Barker - Nick Schultz

Roberto Luongo
Devan Dubnyk

Edited by Steven Stamkos' Mullet, 06 May 2012 - 10:41 PM.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#207 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,098 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 11:25 AM

That's not going to get Nash and their 1st. They would ask you to switch 1 of those 1sts with Edler.

I would do that in a heartbeat and then sign ... a smarter defender.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#208 winthecup

winthecup

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,860 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 06:27 PM

Too much or too little?

hmmm.....How about:
Luongo & 1st 2012, 1st 2013 and Mason Raymond(and/or our #3-5best prospect).
for
Columbus #1 pick, Steve Mason, Derick Brassard

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.