The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Is All The Grit We Traded For?

SimplyHockey

We trade for all that alleged grit and now it has gone south. The last physical game Vancouver played was against St Louis. They are not using their size as they should and except for Kesler and Higgins, our scoring is non-existent. Fourteen games to go before playoffs and they had better find out where all the team heart and soul has gone. Time for a serious team meeting to determine if they really want to go deep into the playoffs and some of our blue chip stock better come up with an answer as to how they are going to start to contribute. The way they are now playing is not conducive to the potential and talent of the team. They are playing like a flock of lost sheep out there.

This is not the time in the season for our players to start looking for their game.

This was the perfect game for our "gritty guys" to run around and hit the Habs. The refs clearly weren't calling anything and this turned out to be a replica of Game 7 against Boston. We always lose the same way - get knocked around with questionable calls that leads to odd-man rushes against and scored on.

This was the perfect game for our "gritty guys" to run around and hit the Habs. The refs clearly weren't calling anything and this turned out to be a replica of Game 7 against Boston. We always lose the same way - get knocked around with questionable calls that leads to odd-man rushes against and scored on.

The only grit we traded for was Kassian, and I don't know if you noticed, but some big hits and a fight for his efforts tonight. What more do you want from him? This game was an anything goes affair, and everyone played like it.

The only grit we traded for was Kassian, and I don't know if you noticed, but some big hits and a fight for his efforts tonight. What more do you want from him? This game was an anything goes affair, and everyone played like it.

Ya, apparently "Kassian" will bring grit and intensity to the team...wheres that? Ya, he might've had a fight tonight, but did that do much? NOPE! And when coho was still with us, we would win or have a REAL close game with teams...but now we dont get close at all...besides for the Jets game...and the TWINS NEED TO SCORE!!!!!!!!! Teams are NOT letting them score in any sort of way, because all the teams in the NHL knows that when they score, we will win, so they are trying to stop the Twins from scoring.

This whole stay healthy for the playoffs thing is gonna backfire. When ur not giving it ur taking it, simple as that. Kes and the twins were knocked around repeatedly tonight and that ain't good for the whole stay healthy philosophy.

Play with some heart and give the punishment instead of taking it. That's how you'll stay healthy and gear up for the playoffs. 30 days until the real season starts.

On a personal note, the whole turn the other cheek philosophy is starting to wear real thin on me. The refs don't call crap all and our pp has dried up. It's giving me horrible flashbacks of last years finals. I mean really, would it kill Hank or dank to take a 2 minute minor to lay some lumber on a little turd like PK to let him know they ain't taking this abuse? I long for the days of Bure's flying elbow on Shurla.

Archived