The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Signing Bieksa Over Ehrhoff Was A Big Mistake

Lemieux

Bieksa is a playoff guy, he gives way more in the playoffs than Ehrhoff. Yes Ehrhoff had 2 more points in the playoffs but he was also a -13 as appossed to +6 of Bieksa. Bieksa is clutch, hardnosed and grouchy in the playoffs and that's exactly what we need !

If MG had to choose between those two, I would say he made the right move. Bieksa makes the club harder to play against than Erhoff. Bieksa is tougher and more suited to a long playoff run than Erhoff. Bieksa has shown heart and leardership and will do anything to help his team win.

He knows what the Stanley Cup means to Canadians and wants it just as bad as we do.

*Deb takes off glove and throws it at OP*

Don't get me wrong, I like Ehrhoff, but Bieksa's loyalty to this team is undivided and that comes shining through in the leadership he brings. We'd greatly miss him if he was moved and I very much feel that it would be a "don't know what you've got till it's gone" situation. I would have loved Ehrhoff to stay, too, but Bieksa is a very valuable member of this team.

Edler was on a higher point pace than Ehrhoff last year before his back injury. He's not playing much different. For the bulk of the season Ehrhoff hasn't been missed at all. It's just the current Sedin slump, which happens every year although not to this degree, has people panicking and looking for an excuse to explain it.

Archived