The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo

CanucksFanMike

Hey guys,

First of all I want to start out by saying that our Goaltending is the least of our worries. I also see that we have a very easy rest of the way until the playoffs start. Now, Lui was not bad last night but two of the goals he might have wanted back. I'm suggesting that we start Schneids on Wed. vs the 'Yotes and give Lui a full week off, from saturday to saturday (meaning he gets the call vs CBJ). This is not because he hasn't been playing well lately, but more of a week off from game action before the last few weeks of the season so he can find his game in time for the playoffs.

What do you guys think?

Its exactly that !! Lou is NOT playing very well...very inconsistant and has had one shutout and given up more than 3 goals per game in the last 7 games..whereby Schneids is just under 2 goals against. and as I have stated...playing behind the same team as LOU. Face it guys...Lou is 15th and 16th in SP and Ga in the NHL....he is not playing like he used to. Schneids is 3rd in SP and 7th in GA...and over 1/3 goals a game better than LOu. so..yes..it is LOU.

Luongo has dropped from being a world class goalie to being an average net minder. Every so often he shows his old Luongo brilliance; however those games are becoming fewer and fewer. His greatest weakness is his lack of lateral movement in the crease. Flopping to his belly and spreading his legs does not get it.

I have a feeling that the Canuck management will be approaching him and asking him to waive his no trade deal. Schneider is no longer being looked at as trade bait.

Its exactly that !! Lou is NOT playing very well...very inconsistant and has had one shutout and given up more than 3 goals per game in the last 7 games..whereby Schneids is just under 2 goals against. and as I have stated...playing behind the same team as LOU. Face it guys...Lou is 15th and 16th in SP and Ga in the NHL....he is not playing like he used to. Schneids is 3rd in SP and 7th in GA...and over 1/3 goals a game better than LOu. so..yes..it is LOU.

Luongo has dropped from being a world class goalie to being an average net minder. Every so often he shows his old Luongo brilliance; however those games are becoming fewer and fewer. His greatest weakness is his lack of lateral movement in the crease. Flopping to his belly and spreading his legs does not get it.

I have a feeling that the Canuck management will be approaching him and asking him to waive his no trade deal. Schneider is no longer being looked at as trade bait.

Luongo has been arguably the teams best player this season, you guys saying he's an average net minder and that Schneider should be the #1 are idiots.

No one is without faults, Luongo has let in some soft goals and hasn't been playing well as of late, but the team in front of him started taking nights off long before Lu.

Hey guys,

First of all I want to start out by saying that our Goaltending is the least of our worries. I also see that we have a very easy rest of the way until the playoffs start. Now, Lui was not bad last night but two of the goals he might have wanted back. I'm suggesting that we start Schneids on Wed. vs the 'Yotes and give Lui a full week off, from saturday to saturday (meaning he gets the call vs CBJ). This is not because he hasn't been playing well lately, but more of a week off from game action before the last few weeks of the season so he can find his game in time for the playoffs.

What do you guys think?

Im so sick and tired of people not excepting the fact of when Lu plays bad for a stretch of games and cory is playing well. You guys are always saying the same thing after Lu plays bad "stats arnt everything, Lu is the reason were here today" BS. Schnieds would of just as easily got us to where we are today, Luongo isnt THE reason were winning all these games. You do realize our offense is at the top of the league dont you? Im not saying Lu is a bad goaltender of jumping on him because of his poor play lately, i just want you guys to realize Lu is not our end all be all and except the fact hes not the goalie he once was. It pisses me off Cory didnt get the start last night after playing so well and getting the win. When he plays like he did against the jets i say u gotta play him the next game, especially after the way Lu played against buffalo.

Now ill take all the heat from the Lu "faithful" about how he got us here today and how cory is just a "backup" and hasnt proven anything. BS.

Lu is struggling, no doubt.

The arguments to defend his "slumps" are diminshing. It used to be that Cory only played weak teams. Well, this year Cory has been used against the top teams and performed extremely well. Lu has been giving up weaker goals against weak teams on a regular basis. That argument no longer flies.

Cory can't handle the load of a starting goalie. This was always a ridiculous argument and never proven. This year he has played far more games and was the teams best player when he was used for an extended run during Lu's injury.

Cory moves much better than Lu and is less "athletic" in his style. His technical ability is noticeably better than Lu's. This bodes well for his longevity as the acrobatic style of goaltending Lu uses is very hard on the body and as he ages, and the miles rack up on his body, it takes its toll. I honestly feel that Lu still has some brilliance in him but the instances are getting fewer and fewer. I believe we are witnessing a goalie that is past his prime. He can still get it done at times but his consistency is dropping and his body simply can't move like it used to.

MG is not stupid and kept Cory for more than just insurance. If Lu doesn't carry the team to a cup(remember MG said he built the team from the goalie out) then he may well be asked to either move along, or accept a reduced role as backup to Cory.

I wish Lu well but feel his window to be the hero for this team is closing fast.

Lu is struggling, no doubt.

The arguments to defend his "slumps" are diminshing. It used to be that Cory only played weak teams. Well, this year Cory has been used against the top teams and performed extremely well. Lu has been giving up weaker goals against weak teams on a regular basis. That argument no longer flies.

Cory can't handle the load of a starting goalie. This was always a ridiculous argument and never proven. This year he has played far more games and was the teams best player when he was used for an extended run during Lu's injury.

Cory moves much better than Lu and is less "athletic" in his style. His technical ability is noticeably better than Lu's. This bodes well for his longevity as the acrobatic style of goaltending Lu uses is very hard on the body and as he ages, and the miles rack up on his body, it takes its toll. I honestly feel that Lu still has some brilliance in him but the instances are getting fewer and fewer. I believe we are witnessing a goalie that is past his prime. He can still get it done at times but his consistency is dropping and his body simply can't move like it used to.

MG is not stupid and kept Cory for more than just insurance. If Lu doesn't carry the team to a cup(remember MG said he built the team from the goalie out) then he may well be asked to either move along, or accept a reduced role as backup to Cory.

I wish Lu well but feel his window to be the hero for this team is closing fast.

Archived