The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo

CanucksFanMike

Pretty hard to believe Luongo's numbers you posted when in reality he has a GOA of 2.43 up from 2.11 of last season....save percentage of.919 down from .927 last year....and Cory...playing for the same team has been consistent over last 2 seasons and improving. .932 SP and 2.09 GOA.. now..who is the more consistant goalie? Its not that Luongo can;t stand on his ear...its that he doesn;t bring consistancy. Schneider would have posted at the very least the same results as Lou. Lou is under.600 in shootouts and buried near the bottom as compared to elite goalies... there are too many chinks in his armour.

Pretty hard to believe Luongo's numbers you posted when in reality he has a GOA of 2.43 up from 2.11 of last season....save percentage of.919 down from .927 last year....and Cory...playing for the same team has been consistent over last 2 seasons and improving. .932 SP and 2.09 GOA.. now..who is the more consistant goalie? Its not that Luongo can;t stand on his ear...its that he doesn;t bring consistancy. Schneider would have posted at the very least the same results as Lou. Lou is under.600 in shootouts and buried near the bottom as compared to elite goalies... there are too many chinks in his armour.

NHL.com, Microsoft Excel, Copy & Paste, Format as Table, Insert Formulae

You're a big boy, you should be able to take 5 minutes out of your day to look the stats up.

So 4 months of Vezina-calibre goaltending is apparently completely undone with 3 bad games? I guess Ryan Miller should be kicked out of the NHL, Tim Thomas should've retired at the end of 2010, and every goalie should be replaced with someone else by your standards.

Seriously, nearly every post you make is to troll this forum about Luongo. It's sad ... This team doesn't need supposed fans like you.

Starts over the last 2 seasons (including playoffs) ...

Luongo:

0-1 goal (Excellent) games = 42 (31.8%)

2-3 goal (Average) games = 68 (51.5%)

4-5 goal (Poor) games = 19 (14.4%)

5+ goal (Blowout) games = 3 (2.3%)

So that's 83.3% of games in which Luongo gives this team a legitimate chance to win over the last 2 seasons (including playoffs).

Schneider:

0-1 goal (Excellent) games = 17 (38.6%)

2-3 goal (Average) games = 17 (38.6%)

4-5 goal (Poor) games = 10 (22.7%)

5+ goal (Blowout) games = 0 (0%)

So that's 77.3% of games in which Schneider gives this team a legitimate chance to win over the last 2 seasons (including playoffs).

So you sit here and talk consistency concerning Schneider and the apparent lack thereof from Luongo, yet Luongo has allowed 3 or fewer goals in a larger percentage of his games than Schneider has. At the same time, you openly admit that this team is one of the top scoring teams in the league (averaging over 3 goals scored per game over the last 2 seasons). Hmmmmmm .....

But don't let little things like facts, hard evidence, and basic logic get in the way of your blatant loathing.

NHL.com, Microsoft Excel, Copy & Paste, Format as Table, Insert Formulae

You're a big boy, you should be able to take 5 minutes out of your day to look the stats up.

So 4 months of Vezina-calibre goaltending is apparently completely undone with 3 bad games? I guess Ryan Miller should be kicked out of the NHL, Tim Thomas should've retired at the end of 2010, and every goalie should be replaced with someone else by your standards.

Seriously, nearly every post you make is to troll this forum about Luongo. It's sad ... This team doesn't need supposed fans like you.

Starts over the last 2 seasons (including playoffs) ...

Luongo:

0-1 goal (Excellent) games = 42 (31.8%)

2-3 goal (Average) games = 68 (51.5%)

4-5 goal (Poor) games = 19 (14.4%)

5+ goal (Blowout) games = 3 (2.3%)

So that's 83.3% of games in which Luongo gives this team a legitimate chance to win over the last 2 seasons (including playoffs).

Schneider:

0-1 goal (Excellent) games = 17 (38.6%)

2-3 goal (Average) games = 17 (38.6%)

4-5 goal (Poor) games = 10 (22.7%)

5+ goal (Blowout) games = 0 (0%)

So that's 77.3% of games in which Schneider gives this team a legitimate chance to win over the last 2 seasons (including playoffs).

So you sit here and talk consistency concerning Schneider and the apparent lack thereof from Luongo, yet Luongo has allowed 3 or fewer goals in a larger percentage of his games than Schneider has. At the same time, you openly admit that this team is one of the top scoring teams in the league (averaging over 3 goals scored per game over the last 2 seasons). Hmmmmmm .....

But don't let little things like facts, hard evidence, and basic logic get in the way of your blatant loathing.

You love stats....here fill up on these..and stop trying to baffle with bull !! Cory Schneider is 3rd in NHL with SP of .932 and Lou is at .918 and sitting 16th in NHL.... Schneider has a GOA of 2.09 and 7th in NHL Lou is 18th with a distant 2.43 GOA. Thats the bottom line people... they both play for the same team...so thats a constant.

Hockey is all about numbers...teams with best winning percentage win...teams who score the most while giving up the least , win ! and its a bit of a stretch to say that Luongo , on a given day gives us a better chance to win when his numbers don;t support the hypothesis...its like spotting the other team.35 goals a game on every start.

You can love Luongo to death but his stats are only average on an elite team. The only thing that matters in goal is stopping the puck...and for the last time, Cory's stat indicate he does it better

I'm not a Luongo hater, actually respect his dedication and work effort but I believe you play the better goalie, and until he fixes whats broke, hes not #1

I don;t comment on areas of hockey that I'm not familiar but 43 yrs of playing goal, learning the science and coaching goalies gives me better insight into this position than the average poster here !!

You love stats....here fill up on these..and stop trying to baffle with bull !! Cory Schneider is 3rd in NHL with SP of .932 and Lou is at .918 and sitting 16th in NHL.... Schneider has a GOA of 2.09 and 7th in NHL Lou is 18th with a distant 2.43 GOA. Thats the bottom line people... they both play for the same team...so thats a constant.

Hockey is all about numbers...teams with best winning percentage win...teams who score the most while giving up the least , win ! and its a bit of a stretch to say that Luongo , on a given day gives us a better chance to win when his numbers don;t support the hypothesis...its like spotting the other team.35 goals a game on every start.

You can love Luongo to death but his stats are only average on an elite team. The only thing that matters in goal is stopping the puck...and for the last time, Cory's stat indicate he does it better

I'm not a Luongo hater, actually respect his dedication and work effort but I believe you play the better goalie, and until he fixes whats broke, hes not #1

I don;t comment on areas of hockey that I'm not familiar but 43 yrs of playing goal, learning the science and coaching goalies gives me better insight into this position than the average poster here !!

The stats used above are reflective of 2 seasons. Luongo played great last year and i believe Rollie Melanson reinvented Lou. However, the stats only assist in improving Lous overall stats. We are in a new season and in this season, Schneider has proven to be a better goalie. Try editing your stats based on this season, because last season is history. This seasons stats are there for all to see.

The stats used above are reflective of 2 seasons. Luongo played great last year and i believe Rollie Melanson reinvented Lou. However, the stats only assist in improving Lous overall stats. We are in a new season and in this season, Schneider has proven to be a better goalie. Try editing your stats based on this season, because last season is history. This seasons stats are there for all to see.

Luongo = 48Gp / 2827Min

Schneider = 22Gp / 1438Min

I'll pull 22 Games from November / December to compare.

Luongo

22 GP

.930 SV%

1.95 GAA

3 SO

Schneider

22 GP

.932 SV%

2.09 GAA

2 SO

Vezina winning, Stanley Cup winning Tim Thomas last 22 games

Thomas

Last 22 GP

.907 SV%

2.63 GAA

0 SO

I posted TT's last 22 games because that's when he's been playing poorly it solidifies the point that Luongo is not the only goalie that goes through slumps, in fact ALL goalies go through slumps.

Luongo is an elite goaltender no matter your opinion, Career stats prove that.

Don't give me speculation about Schneider never having a bad stretch if he played the games Luongo has , or telling me that I picked from the best 2 months, of course I did. Cory was playing his best hockey so it's only fair for comparison sake.

Edt: I didn't bother looking but I'm fairly certain there isn't a stretch of 22 games where Luongo has worse stats that TT right now. (I could be wrong though)

Wow

I think we can all agree the Canucks haven't been playing at there best for months now

But come on Luo has had what 3 bad games in a row

Who was the guy winning games for us when we were giving up 40 shots a night? I believe that was ginger

Who was winning games for us when we couldn't win in reg. and kept going to shootout or o.t.? Loselongo has the worst Shootout record ever. So not him.

Who has been facing 2 on 1's because every game for a while now? Both Loselongo and Ginger have been facing the same types of shots.

Wasn't he a Vezina nominee last year? Has never won. Wonder why?

Didn't he win a gold medal jsut 2 years ago? No, Team Canada did. Loselongo almost lost it for us by letter in a crap goal in the last minutes.

His team-mates have been playing like crap in front of him for a long time now.

He can't win every game for us it's a team game.

Whatever Luo will prove you all wrong

Luongo = 48Gp / 2827Min

Schneider = 22Gp / 1438Min

I'll pull 22 Games from November / December to compare.

Luongo

22 GP

.930 SV%

1.95 GAA

3 SO

Schneider

22 GP

.932 SV%

2.09 GAA

2 SO

Vezina winning, Stanley Cup winning Tim Thomas last 22 games

Thomas

Last 22 GP

.907 SV%

2.63 GAA

0 SO

I posted TT's last 22 games because that's when he's been playing poorly it solidifies the point that Luongo is not the only goalie that goes through slumps, in fact ALL goalies go through slumps.

Luongo is an elite goaltender no matter your opinion, Career stats prove that.

Don't give me speculation about Schneider never having a bad stretch if he played the games Luongo has , or telling me that I picked from the best 2 months, of course I did. Cory was playing his best hockey so it's only fair for comparison sake.

Edt: I didn't bother looking but I'm fairly certain there isn't a stretch of 22 games where Luongo has worse stats that TT right now. (I could be wrong though)

These are great stats for Lu though you are being deliberately selective to support your argument. If the team only expects Lu to play to his paygrade for 2 months of the season, then he is doing great. Unfortunately, Vezina candidates don't take off 2 months at the beginning of the season and the last month before playoffs. The points lost early in the season combined with those lost lately because of Lu's "struggles" have likely cost this team 1st in the west and a chance at the President's Trophy and home ice advantage.

Tim Thomas's results are irrelevant...Cory's are not! He has played against the best teams and been our best player in those games. His stats are significantly better than lu's from a larger sampling than in past years.

Cory deserves to play more and the team deserves to have him in net. If Lu wants to play and be the #1...earn it!! Don't put him in because of what he did last month, last year or during his first year here.

Good job using stats to support your argument. Too bad you cant just pick and choose the numbers that work for your argument. I can find enough stats to prove smoking is good for you also.

Bottom line is Loselongo has and never will win anything significant individually or for the team. He does make a pretty good $5m cap hit backup though.

I picked 22 consecutive games where Luongo was playing his best hockey and compared it to the 22 games CS has played, you cannot deny it's a fair comparison. Both goales playing thier best hockey for 22 games. As for the second bolded part, you lose all credibility when you say stuff like that because it's simply not true. Your hate for Luongo obviously clouds you ability to speak facts and all you're doing is spewing crap.

I realize it's just your opinion, but you need to realize that's all it is, just an opinion.

Archived