The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo

CanucksFanMike

Schneider is solid but he's not the second coming of Roy or Hasek... if he is better than Luongo it isn't by much and the margin (for better or worse) all depends on how Luongo is trending. I'm all for keeping Schneider in the loop but why people want to hit the panic button with 10+ games left instead of letting Luongo work through his slump is beyond me.

Ok, I just have one question for you.

How do younger goalies take over the number one spot on their team?

Do you think they just wait until the older goalie retires? No, it is by stats and a coaches gut feelings. I think what alot of people are saying is that they are noticing a notable difference between Louie and Cory. I think it is a fair observation, and one that is backed up with current stats. If Lou had a better save percentage and GAA then you could argue the other way. Like one of the posters said, put the best team on the ice.

Two questions actually! :)

To compare season stats and take from them that Cory Schneider is a better goalie and try and pass it off as fact is not "fair", it's not even fact, it's an opinion.

Cory Schneider has played almost 1400 less minutes than Luongo, to think the "Is on pace for" stat holds any truth is foolish , there's absolutley NO way to know what Cory's numbers would look like if he played those extra 1400 Minutes.

I took ALL of Cory's games, good and bad, I took a 2 month stretch of Luongo's games , good and bad.

It's about as accurate as comparing 2827 Mins played to 1438 Mins played.

Oh since we are trying to be so accurate, Ginger has never posted 3 shutouts in 7 games, in fact he doesn't even have 3 shutouts this year........or last. (3 SO in 2 seasons, 51 GP)

I also never gave my opinion about anything, I'm giving facts that comparing 1400 minutes to 2800 minutes and deciding that a 2nd year backup goalie with 3244 Mins played in the NHL is "better" than a veteran, Gold medal winning, Vezina nominated, game 7 Stanley Cup Finalist with over 41,000 Mins played starting goalie is well, in your words "skewed"

I also agree with everything said below the second bolded comment

Don't get me wrong here, I'm not defending Luongo's bad play of late, I want what's best for the team, and right now Ginger is the best choice tomorrow night and possibly for the next few games until he stumbles.

Good timing with the minutes.

The last 2 years combined Cory has played almost identical minutes to Lou this season.

Last 2 years Cory has played 2810 minutes making 1353 saves on 1454 shots and .931 save % and 2.16 GAA

Luongo this year has played 2827 minutes making 1280 saves on 1397 shots and .916 save % and 2.48 GAA

Shouldn't the elite guy have far superior numbers to a guy in his 1st and 2nd year?

So now we are going to compare 2 part time seasons to 1 full season?

Cory had a much easier season last season

Last 2 years Cory has played 2810 minutes making 1353 saves on 1454 shots and .931 save % and 2.16 GAA

Last 2 years Roberto has played 6417 minutes making 2907 saves on 3150 shots and .922 save% and 2.29 GAA

Luongo played 3607 minutes more, and the numbers aren't that far off.

Again I'm not defending Luongo, don't confuse my intent.

I agree with this statement for sure, so how much better is Cory this year compared to last year when we both agree he played much tougher games this year and his numbers are better than last year?

How much worse is Lou when his numbers are significantly worse playing a much easier schedule this year?

Here's a solution that'll satisfy the pro Luongo, Anti Luongo, pro Schneider and Anti Schneider.. Trade Schneider in the off season, Luongo ask for a trade right after. We tank for the next 10 years and rebuild. since nothing will satisfy both side.. getting rid of them both would be the way to go :)

LMAO did you get your consensus from a CDC poll? Bwahahahahahahhahaha. You realize that CDC is not the Majority voice when it comes to Canuck fans. CDC is largley made up of pre pubecent kids that don't know alot about hockey. I would think you would know that, but after reading alot of your posts I see you're just one of the crowd.

By the way, if Demitra could say hello, he would.

Archived