Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Luongo

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
142 replies to this topic

#31 believe in blue forever

believe in blue forever

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:39 PM

Luongo has dropped from being a world class goalie to being an average net minder. Every so often he shows his old Luongo brilliance; however those games are becoming fewer and fewer. His greatest weakness is his lack of lateral movement in the crease. Flopping to his belly and spreading his legs does not get it.

I have a feeling that the Canuck management will be approaching him and asking him to waive his no trade deal. Schneider is no longer being looked at as trade bait.

Wow
I think we can all agree the Canucks haven't been playing at there best for months now
But come on Luo has had what 3 bad games in a row

Who was the guy winning games for us when we were giving up 40 shots a night?
Who was winning games for us when we couldn't win in reg. and kept going to shootout or o.t.?
Who has been facing 2 on 1's because every game for a while now?

Wasn't he a Vezina nominee last year?
Didn't he win a gold medal jsut 2 years ago?

His team-mates have been playing like crap in front of him for a long time now.
He can't win every game for us it's a team game.

Whatever Luo will prove you all wrong

Edited by believe in blue forever, 11 March 2012 - 03:43 PM.

Posted Image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin
Luongo is blamed for a lot of things. I think he was blamed for the teachers strike, and the high gas prices in Vancouver. Alain Vigneault

#32 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

Problem is everybody expects him to make the save, that's the problem. Fair enough...wait until he gets replaced. You'll understand how valuable he really was haters...

See bold -Perhaps you could expand on this and explain the point of building a team from the goalie out, and not expect him to make the save?!! :blink:

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 11 March 2012 - 03:50 PM.

#33 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:49 PM

The day Luongo is the most appreciated in Vancouver will be the day he's gone.

Then Schneids will eventually be the one getting ripped and these people will be calling for Lack to play more and for the bum Schneider to get traded. The cycle of the goalie graveyard continues. People ask why Vancouver is a goalie graveyard...look in the mirror

#34 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 03:54 PM

I'm glad to see some people getting of the "Luongo is the messiah" wagon

Such a thing exists!??!?
Posted Image

#35 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:02 PM

Canucks score 1 goal and lose the game ... Clearly Luongo's fault ...

CDC - "OMFG !!!! LU SUCKS !!! LU Y U NO GET SHUTOUT ??!!?? MG Y U NO TRADE BUM GOALTENDARZ !!??!!"

How some people on this site are even able to use the internet is a miracle given their clear lack of intelligence and sensible reasoning.

Edited by n00bxQb, 11 March 2012 - 04:04 PM.

#36 kilgore

kilgore

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,415 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Problem is everybody expects him to make the save, that's the problem. Fair enough...wait until he gets replaced. You'll understand how valuable he really was haters...

And here I thought making the timely save WAS the goalie's job. Silly me.

Seven stages:

- Shock or Disbelief.....Wha......? Oh no he di'int. It was all the defense's fault.
- Denial....Those were NOT soft goals. He didn't have a chance. Luongo is one of best goalies in the world.....pow.....the world!
- Anger.....Stop saying those hurtful truthful things about my favorite goalie! Its because you HATE him.
- Bargaining....Sure Luongo has had a few meltdowns but Schneider hasn't had to play with pressure of being #1
- Guilt....Admitting you can't criticize him because you have his jersey and all your friends know how blindly loyal you are.
- Depression....Realizing that if you are wrong, the Canucks have a 12 year millstone contract around their club neck.
- Acceptance and Hope....Luongo is not an elite goaltender, but still above average and is good as a shared-duty netminder. Hope is still there because we still have Schneider for the playoffs and who knows, maybe even (hopefully) a one or two year extension.

#37 Get real canuck fans

Get real canuck fans

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:19 PM

Wow
I think we can all agree the Canucks haven't been playing at there best for months now
But come on Luo has had what 3 bad games in a row

Who was the guy winning games for us when we were giving up 40 shots a night?
Who was winning games for us when we couldn't win in reg. and kept going to shootout or o.t.?
Who has been facing 2 on 1's because every game for a while now?

Wasn't he a Vezina nominee last year?
Didn't he win a gold medal jsut 2 years ago?

His team-mates have been playing like crap in front of him for a long time now.
He can't win every game for us it's a team game.

Whatever Luo will prove you all wrong

Lou fans are the funniest.
All the who was winning us games like Lou wasn the only guy in the world who could have won them games,
Then when we lose it is a "team" game,lol
Lou has let in 3 or more in 6/7 of the last games ) and for the whole season has allowed than less than 3 in 52% of games he played in, and has been above.900 save percent in 27 of 48(56%)
Cory hasn't given up 3 goals in a game in 2 months, and has happened in 7 times in the 26 games Cory he has played. Full season Cory has allowed less than 3 in a game (73% of the time), and in
22 of 26( 85%)games Cory has above .900 save percent

Edited by Get real canuck fans, 11 March 2012 - 04:22 PM.

#38 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,294 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:25 PM

LOL at the people who are saying Luongo is just an average goalie.

Posted Image

#39 DoItForRaymond

DoItForRaymond

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,297 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:28 PM

Deja Luo.

Fixed

#40 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:52 PM

and all you Luongo fans fail...or refuse to recognize that for all the faults the Canucks are showing as a team....Cory Schneider is playing winning goal tending and Luongo is not...and guess what...playing for the same underachieving team....ask yourselves how come.....

#41 Scoobydooby

Scoobydooby

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,388 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 04:56 PM

LOL at the people who are saying Luongo is just an average goalie.

never fails after a couple bad games when the d left him many times out to dry and he hasnt played his best that all the haters and trolls come out to point the finger..

where were they all since the canucks made their way to first place overall between december and march? just waiting for lu to have a string of poor outings so they could log back in and say "i told you so"

you fools can say whatever you like about lu, ive read it all on this board.
bottom line, if I have to pick an mvp on the canucks for this season, our goaltending tandem gets my vote.. both schnider and lu have been the best players for us this season.

schnieder is a great goalie but as soon as we would trade lu and schnieder has a bad run, everyone will backtrak and say maybe we should have kept luongo and you all know this to be true.. this city is all about "what have you done for me lately" and schnieder certainly would not be omitted from this if he became our number one.. you can quote me on it.

Posted Image

#42 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:27 PM

Lou is15th and 16th on a top 3 hockey team....Schneids is 3rd and 7th playing for the same team...Lou is inconsistant....how far do you go with that? Schneids numbers are getting better and lou's are going backwards...and guess what....its not October...no excuses now !!

#43 rkoshack

rkoshack

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 05:53 PM

I have no problem playing Schneids more down the stretch to give Lu rest for the playoffs but when playoffs begin he's our guy. To win the cup you gotta go with the guy that gives you the best chance to win and that's Luongo. He was our MVP in the playoffs last year and I expect nothing less.

They do however need to learn when he's struggling in a game and needs to be pulled not just for himself but to wake up the team. When you wait till 3-0 or 4-0 it's too late and it's pointless by then.

#44 CanucksSayEh

CanucksSayEh

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,329 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:21 PM

yea we dont score much on the days he has "melt downs", on the other hand even if we did, we would still lose. Putting a team in a huge deficit is crippling to the offence, its easy to get in spirit when you have to score a goal to tie, not so much when you have to score 5. Yes the Defence sucks lately, but cmon man.

The offence should score more than 1, but not be forced to score 5+.

#45 I.Am.Canuck.

I.Am.Canuck.

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:22 PM

Always so easy to blame Luongo isn't it Canuck fans?

Maybe if we tightened up defensively the past few games we'd see less goals scored on us.

I've noticed quite a few 2 on 1 chances for the opponents lately. Is that Luongos fault too?

Cory played behind that same "loose" defensive core against the jets and won us the game. Lu plays against the worst team in the east and gives up one of the worst goals of the season in the second goal. totally changed the game imo.

#46 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,398 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 06:43 PM

Ask yourself this.

How is Schneider doing this season?
How is Luongo doing this season?

Most of our answers is probably the same.

Schneider has been real good for us the entire season. Very consistent and consistently very good. You cannot for the love of life say this about Luongo. Because he hasn't. And if your saying this, your a total liar, and a fraud. Schneider has been very good for us, the entire season, I don't even think He's let in any weak goals at all.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#47 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 07:51 PM

Luongo fans are in total denial...he is not playing well...the one good thing is he does take ownership for his bad play...must be very hard for a proud man

#48 LostDog

LostDog

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Don't worry. The Canucks brass will do exactly what they did with Cloutier.

After Cloutier stunk up the playoffs for three years in a row, they gave him "one last chance". The problem was that there was only a small window of Cup opportunity for the Canucks, and they blew it on Cloutier, even though any objective fan was screaming to get this mental case out of the net and put in Skudra/Hedberg/Auld. This team is lucky as hell to get another opportunity to win the Cup a few years later.

Now they're about the do the same thing with Luongo. He's also proven to constantly crap the bed in the playoffs, but they have too much invested in him (both financially and ego-wise), just like they did with Cloutier. This organization seems unable to "bench the poor performer" and play the goalie who's actually playing well, and this year's playoffs will be no exception. Luongo will crap the bed again, and I predict that this will be it for Luongo on this team.

The problem is that the window of opportunity is closing fast; the Sedins are aging quickly (by the day, it seems), Kesler's not the same as he was, and they may have just traded away their young talent with Hodgson. The Canucks will have squandered two of the best teams of their respective decades on fragile, unstable goalies. I hope I'm wrong.
"There is a clear attempt to establish truth not by scientific methods but by perpetual repetition."
- Richard S. Lindzen, Ph.D. Professor of Meteorology, MIT

#49 powershotpro

powershotpro

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 08:13 PM

Always so easy to blame Luongo isn't it Canuck fans?

Maybe if we tightened up defensively the past few games we'd see less goals scored on us.

I've noticed quite a few 2 on 1 chances for the opponents lately. Is that Luongos fault too?

Actually it is. When you are behind you have to take chances that sometimes lead to odd man rushes.

#50 ronningsback

ronningsback

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 March 2012 - 10:00 PM

The day Luongo is the most appreciated in Vancouver will be the day he's gone.

I agree, I and a lot of Canucks fans will appreciate him very much if he would just leave!!

#51 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:44 AM

yea we dont score much on the days he has "melt downs", on the other hand even if we did, we would still lose. Putting a team in a huge deficit is crippling to the offence, its easy to get in spirit when you have to score a goal to tie, not so much when you have to score 5. Yes the Defence sucks lately, but cmon man.

The offence should score more than 1, but not be forced to score 5+.

You do realize is was tied going into the 3rd period, right ? How much time does our offense need to get a second goal ?

This forum never ceases to amaze me.

#52 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,943 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:59 AM

Luongo fans are in total denial...he is not playing well...the one good thing is he does take ownership for his bad play...must be very hard for a proud man

Real fans support their team and don't rag on one guy hoping he fails at the expense of the team.

Where were these posts 3 weeks ago ? Oh, right, you weren't posting them. You rest your entire life on hating Luongo and his fans (most of whom are simply Canucks fans in general).

February: 6-1-3 record, 92.8 SV%, 2.19 GAA
January: 4-2-2 record, 93.2 SV%, 2.07 GAA
December: 9-3-1 record, 92.8 SV%, 2.04 GAA
November: 4-2-0 record, 92.4 SV%, 2.30 GAA

Looks pretty damn consistent to me. Only a guy hellbent with complete and utter hate towards someone would let a 3-game mini-slump take away from 4 months of extremely consistent, Vezina-calibre goaltending.

And, not that I want to turn this into a Luongo vs. Schneider thread (which it already is) as I support both goaltenders equally, but over the 4 month stretch where we were playing way over .500 hockey (November - February):

Luongo: 23-8-6, 92.8 SV%, 2.13 GAA, 2 SO
Schneider: 12-3-1, 93.3 SV%, 2.17 GAA, 2 SO

Pretty similar numbers.

Quit saying other people are in denial, you hypocritical dolt.

Edited by n00bxQb, 12 March 2012 - 02:32 AM.

#53 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:18 AM

I honestly believe this has become a voodoo thing, we are are a goalie graveyard and Cory Schneider is the one guy who has developed here his whole life. Seen what Vancouver is about, has played for us, walked into Boston and got the W.

With Luongo's bad omens I don't think the team will ever win with him in net. I think the organization is confident if Luongo lets in soft goals again it is in their best interest to trade him to Tampa.

We keep Schneider and get mass assets in return.

Frankly my dear I don't care if Luongo stops 50 shots against SJ if he can't stop the softie that wins Boston a 2nd cup.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#54 oh captain my captain

oh captain my captain

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:03 AM

Real fans support their team and don't rag on one guy hoping he fails at the expense of the team.

Where were these posts 3 weeks ago ? Oh, right, you weren't posting them. You rest your entire life on hating Luongo and his fans (most of whom are simply Canucks fans in general).

Looks pretty damn consistent to me. Only a guy hellbent with complete and utter hate towards someone would let a 3-game mini-slump take away from 4 months of extremely consistent, Vezina-calibre goaltending.

And, not that I want to turn this into a Luongo vs. Schneider thread (which it already is) as I support both goaltenders equally, but over the 4 month stretch where we were playing way over .500 hockey (November - February):

Pretty similar numbers.

Best post of the thread so far. Everyones been quiet since the beginning of November, a couple shaky games and all the haters are back out in full force. I give it one or two weeks tops before everyone goes back into hiding,

Thanks VC for the sig.

#55 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:47 AM

I see it now (HYPOTHETICALLY).

Headlines in Province: STANLEY CUP RETURNS TO VANCOUVER AFTER 97 YEARS.
Top Thread on CDC: Luongo: Only 4 shutouts in Finals? Trade this clown!

Cory's gone in July... Then these damn threads will go away.
I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#56 SukhKular

SukhKular

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,526 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 05:52 AM

2 on 1 chances for the opponents lately. Is that Luongos fault too?

Actually it is.

Anyone who knows anything about hockey stopped reading powershotpro's post after this.

Edited by 1RLuongo, 12 March 2012 - 05:56 AM.

I'm saying Aladeen a lot because http://forum.canucks...dpost__10922428

I bet when Schneider turns 38, he will have broken all of Luongo's records.

Posted Image

General Manager of Buffalo Sabres; CDC Omega League; CM Connected; NHL 13; [[[[PS3]]]]

#57 k1nz

k1nz

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:22 AM

Pretty similar numbers.

This.

If Lu isn't able to get it done in the playoffs, Schneider will have his turn... like last year... when he swooped in like superman and saved the day and won us the Stanley Cup! Oh wait... how'd that go again?

#58 Jaimito

Jaimito

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,819 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 07:26 AM

lock again pls mods
Posted Image

#59 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 08:15 AM

:picard: :sadno: The amount of heart Lou puts into this city and team, and you guys just wave him off? What kind of fans are you guys? Every goalie is bound to have a bad day. Wait it out...he'll pick up his performance. I know he will.

:towel: :canucks: :towel:

#60 LostDog

LostDog

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,147 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:33 AM

:picard: :sadno: The amount of heart Lou puts into this city and team, and you guys just wave him off? What kind of fans are you guys? Every goalie is bound to have a bad day. Wait it out...he'll pick up his performance. I know he will.

:towel: :canucks: :towel:

The problem is that Luongo has his "bad days" in about half of his playoff games.
"There is a clear attempt to establish truth not by scientific methods but by perpetual repetition."
- Richard S. Lindzen, Ph.D. Professor of Meteorology, MIT

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.