The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo

CanucksFanMike

Lou is15th and 16th on a top 3 hockey team....Schneids is 3rd and 7th playing for the same team...Lou is inconsistant....how far do you go with that? Schneids numbers are getting better and lou's are going backwards...and guess what....its not October...no excuses now !!

I have no problem playing Schneids more down the stretch to give Lu rest for the playoffs but when playoffs begin he's our guy. To win the cup you gotta go with the guy that gives you the best chance to win and that's Luongo. He was our MVP in the playoffs last year and I expect nothing less.

They do however need to learn when he's struggling in a game and needs to be pulled not just for himself but to wake up the team. When you wait till 3-0 or 4-0 it's too late and it's pointless by then.

yea we dont score much on the days he has "melt downs", on the other hand even if we did, we would still lose. Putting a team in a huge deficit is crippling to the offence, its easy to get in spirit when you have to score a goal to tie, not so much when you have to score 5. Yes the Defence sucks lately, but cmon man.

The offence should score more than 1, but not be forced to score 5+.

Ask yourself this.

How is Schneider doing this season?

How is Luongo doing this season?

Most of our answers is probably the same.

Schneider has been real good for us the entire season. Very consistent and consistently very good. You cannot for the love of life say this about Luongo. Because he hasn't. And if your saying this, your a total liar, and a fraud. Schneider has been very good for us, the entire season, I don't even think He's let in any weak goals at all.

Don't worry. The Canucks brass will do exactly what they did with Cloutier.

After Cloutier stunk up the playoffs for three years in a row, they gave him "one last chance". The problem was that there was only a small window of Cup opportunity for the Canucks, and they blew it on Cloutier, even though any objective fan was screaming to get this mental case out of the net and put in Skudra/Hedberg/Auld. This team is lucky as hell to get another opportunity to win the Cup a few years later.

Now they're about the do the same thing with Luongo. He's also proven to constantly crap the bed in the playoffs, but they have too much invested in him (both financially and ego-wise), just like they did with Cloutier. This organization seems unable to "bench the poor performer" and play the goalie who's actually playing well, and this year's playoffs will be no exception. Luongo will crap the bed again, and I predict that this will be it for Luongo on this team.

The problem is that the window of opportunity is closing fast; the Sedins are aging quickly (by the day, it seems), Kesler's not the same as he was, and they may have just traded away their young talent with Hodgson. The Canucks will have squandered two of the best teams of their respective decades on fragile, unstable goalies. I hope I'm wrong.

yea we dont score much on the days he has "melt downs", on the other hand even if we did, we would still lose. Putting a team in a huge deficit is crippling to the offence, its easy to get in spirit when you have to score a goal to tie, not so much when you have to score 5. Yes the Defence sucks lately, but cmon man.

The offence should score more than 1, but not be forced to score 5+.

I honestly believe this has become a voodoo thing, we are are a goalie graveyard and Cory Schneider is the one guy who has developed here his whole life. Seen what Vancouver is about, has played for us, walked into Boston and got the W.

With Luongo's bad omens I don't think the team will ever win with him in net. I think the organization is confident if Luongo lets in soft goals again it is in their best interest to trade him to Tampa.

We keep Schneider and get mass assets in return.

Frankly my dear I don't care if Luongo stops 50 shots against SJ if he can't stop the softie that wins Boston a 2nd cup.

Real fans support their team and don't rag on one guy hoping he fails at the expense of the team.

Where were these posts 3 weeks ago ? Oh, right, you weren't posting them. You rest your entire life on hating Luongo and his fans (most of whom are simply Canucks fans in general).

February: 6-1-3 record, 92.8 SV%, 2.19 GAA

January: 4-2-2 record, 93.2 SV%, 2.07 GAA

December: 9-3-1 record, 92.8 SV%, 2.04 GAA

November: 4-2-0 record, 92.4 SV%, 2.30 GAA

Looks pretty damn consistent to me. Only a guy hellbent with complete and utter hate towards someone would let a 3-game mini-slump take away from 4 months of extremely consistent, Vezina-calibre goaltending.

And, not that I want to turn this into a Luongo vs. Schneider thread (which it already is) as I support both goaltenders equally, but over the 4 month stretch where we were playing way over .500 hockey (November - February):

Luongo: 23-8-6, 92.8 SV%, 2.13 GAA, 2 SO

Schneider: 12-3-1, 93.3 SV%, 2.17 GAA, 2 SO

Pretty similar numbers.

Quit saying other people are in denial, you hypocritical dolt.

I see it now (HYPOTHETICALLY).

Headlines in Province: STANLEY CUP RETURNS TO VANCOUVER AFTER 97 YEARS.

Top Thread on CDC: Luongo: Only 4 shutouts in Finals? Trade this clown!

Cory's gone in July... Then these damn threads will go away.

Real fans support their team and don't rag on one guy hoping he fails at the expense of the team.

Where were these posts 3 weeks ago ? Oh, right, you weren't posting them. You rest your entire life on hating Luongo and his fans (most of whom are simply Canucks fans in general).

February: 6-1-3 record, 92.8 SV%, 2.19 GAA

January: 4-2-2 record, 93.2 SV%, 2.07 GAA

December: 9-3-1 record, 92.8 SV%, 2.04 GAA

November: 4-2-0 record, 92.4 SV%, 2.30 GAA

Looks pretty damn consistent to me. Only a guy hellbent with complete and utter hate towards someone would let a 3-game mini-slump take away from 4 months of extremely consistent, Vezina-calibre goaltending.

And, not that I want to turn this into a Luongo vs. Schneider thread (which it already is) as I support both goaltenders equally, but over the 4 month stretch where we were playing way over .500 hockey (November - February):

Luongo: 23-8-6, 92.8 SV%, 2.13 GAA, 2 SO

Schneider: 12-3-1, 93.3 SV%, 2.17 GAA, 2 SO

Pretty similar numbers.

Quit saying other people are in denial, you hypocritical dolt.

:picard::sadno: The amount of heart Lou puts into this city and team, and you guys just wave him off? What kind of fans are you guys? Every goalie is bound to have a bad day. Wait it out...he'll pick up his performance. I know he will.

:towel::canucks::towel:

Archived