The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Things To Do In Cali?

Ice.Tea*

Does anyone have any suggestions/recommendations on any must dos/sees in california? So far we are planning to go to disneyland, san diego sea world, and universal studios. Anyone know of places to shop or good restaurants to try?

Thanks

I usually go to Horton Plaza in San Diego for shopping. An open air mall is a nice change from here in Vancouver. Since it is so close to Mexico and with a large Hispanic community, the Mexican food is as good as in Mexico itself but probably more safely prepared too.

I mean obviously beaches like Santa Monica (the one thing I've found that can't be ignored is around this region the beach water becomes somewhat manageable temperature wise, if you can tolerate how dirty the Pacific is in general), ports in San Diego, the usual Disneyland/Magic Mountain/Hollywood crap everyone who goes to Cali sees, the Sequoia forests down south. Honestly though, I prefer Northern California, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Golden Gate (well, the little observation area north of it which is almost always rather chilly/foggy), the Sequoia forests north of the Bay Area (all the way up to the Cali/Oregon border), Lake/Mount Shasta, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite Park, Tech Museum in San Jose, along with all the tech companies lining the peninsula region, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo.. there's quite a bit someone who ignores the Northern part is going to miss, to me, more worthwhile things to see than what you see on TV constantly.

I mean obviously beaches like Santa Monica (the one thing I've found that can't be ignored is around this region the beach water becomes somewhat manageable temperature wise, if you can tolerate how dirty the Pacific is in general), ports in San Diego, the usual Disneyland/Magic Mountain/Hollywood crap everyone who goes to Cali sees, the Sequoia forests down south. Honestly though, I prefer Northern California, the Monterey Bay Aquarium, Santa Cruz Boardwalk, Golden Gate (well, the little observation area north of it which is almost always rather chilly/foggy), the Sequoia forests north of the Bay Area (all the way up to the Cali/Oregon border), Lake/Mount Shasta, Lake Tahoe, Yosemite Park, Tech Museum in San Jose, along with all the tech companies lining the peninsula region, Six Flags Discovery Kingdom in Vallejo.. there's quite a bit someone who ignores the Northern part is going to miss, to me, more worthwhile things to see than what you see on TV constantly.

If you're a thrill-seeker, I second the Six Flags Magic Mountain adventure. It blows any other amusement parks in the area away. You get to pull some pretty wicked G's on a couple of the coasters. The bastards had the Superman ride closed when we were there, so you might want to double check for any closures so you're not tragically disappointed like we were. One piece of advice, get there early to avoid big lines if you're going on the weekend - its a zoo.

Definitely hit up a Six Flags if you're into intense amusement parks. They have some crazy ride there. (There's a 6 flags right outside of LA...I think)

I was in Cali this past summer and one of my favourite places to visit was the Santa Monica pier, it's a gorgeous beach.

The one MUST see place in Cali is definitely San Francisco. Probably one of my most favourite cities in the world aside from Vancouver. It's absolutely GORGEOUS and there's so much to see/ do. I love the city and if I make enough one day to buy a home there, I definitely would seriously consider it. The Bay Area is stunning!

Get ready for traffic! Lol I feel like I spent half my time there in traffic.

Archived