Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Can Someone Post Cody Saying He Wanted To Get Traded?

If he didn't ask for a trade, or suggest that he'd be at least willing to move, then why did he use the Mark Mcguire defense.. "I don't want to focus on the past"

ok, cyberstalker, maybe someone who moved didn't bother updating their forum profile because it's inconsequential? and I'd advise you to read my entire post.

Go watch the trade day video of Gillis talking about the trade. A media member ask's Gillis if Hodgson"s "CAMP" asked for a trade. Gillis replies something about keeping those discussions behind closed doors private. Next thing is Cody Hodgson himself avoided the whole topic together in an interview. To me it seems that he wanted a trade because lets face it, He wasn't going to be getting many more minutes unless Henrik or Kesler get hurt or traded, the second being very un-likely. Part of me is upset that he wanted out because it gave the canucks great depth at center but I guess it could've happend to any team in the league.

I hope the Canucks can draft another good center in the next couple season's to replace what Co-Ho would've provided in the future.

I just find it hard to not believe that his party did indeed ask to be moved. The sole reason is because when he was asked about it, his answer was completely irrelevant from the question.

I think I have avelanch's Hodgson defense figured out. On avelanch's bio you can see his website which is devoted to selling Canuck prospect merchandise. Maybe he just figures that his investment in Hodgson merchandise will lose its value if he doesn't make crazy justifications for Hodgson's behavior.

Hows that? Does it make sense to anyone else?

it wasn't just the tsn interview, and cody was about to cry on the phone, that's not behaviour of someone who wanted/expected to be dealt.

Or maybe some people just generally believe Hodgson didn't ask for a trade okay? I personally believe he was shocked and did not ask to be traded then, just listen to his TSN interview, if that's not shaken or about to cry then I'm not sure what is.

lol, what? i don't have a website that sells anything

Edit: LMAO, that's an RSS feed from the old moose website, it was being used for automatic news feeds, that's not anything I own or get any profits from. I haven't even looked at that site for almost a year now.

Don't get mad at me because you can't find any real evidence for these rumors... Or is it that your man crush can't score in Buffalo?

That's exactly right! They can't get over the fact that people get traded in hockey!

Guest gumballthechewy

I don't care about the rumors, Francine. True or untrue it doesn't matter. It's also kind of obvious that I don't have a man-crush for Cody since I'm the one telling YOU to move on. YOU'RE the one asking - not me. Someone's got "crush" on the brain. Looks like this is a bigger problem for you than I suspected, Francine.

it was under advisement of his father that he switched agents, if his dad was the one that gave the ok to rich for the "talk" to MG i highly doubt cody would fire him under those circumstances.

He's 22. That's pretty old to be letting his parents essentially make his decisions for him.

you honestly think that his parents suddenly no longer have an influence just because he's in his rookie year of the NHL? especially a controlling/overbearing one like cody's politician of a father? never mind how important cody says family it to him.

it was under advisement of his father that he switched agents, if his dad was the one that gave the ok to rich for the "talk" to MG i highly doubt cody would fire him under those circumstances.

http://www.theprovince.com/sports/just+about+stats+goal/6287333/story.html#ixzz1owyHhHC0

Cody Hodgson asked the Vancouver Canucks to trade him on at least two occasions, including once just after Game 7 of the Stanley Cup final.

You understand someone trying to put themselves in the most advantageous circumstances for their career but Hodgson, to that point, had played eight regular-season games and 12 playoff games with the Canucks.

The more you think about it, the more it looks like the organization did pretty well in the deal for Zack Kassian, both in what they got and what they gave up.

That's quite the statement. One so precise would lead me to believe that there is some fact to it.

If that's true which I believe it to be, then Hodgson had only played 8 regular season games & 12 playoff games to that point. There's also a quote from Ritch Winter saying he wanted to "wait till things settled down to talk to Cody" after the final and that "it was tough for Cody". This statement from Ed Willes backs that up as well.

There is no evidence because he never asked.

The whole MG or Cody saying "no comment", that's just basic etiquette. No one is gonna run down another player or organization, that's just not classy.

But apparently because both says nothing, it must mean Hodgson is a drama queen... I dunno how people come up with idea. Of course, whatever that makes them sleep better at night.