The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Someone Post Cody Saying He Wanted To Get Traded?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Guest gumballthechewy

I keep hearing about how Cody asked for a trade and how he was a snob and whining for more ice time. Can someone post a link or video of him or management for either party saying this? I'm beginning to think it's all jealous rumors by people soured by the trade.

Go watch the trade day video of Gillis talking about the trade. A media member ask's Gillis if Hodgson"s "CAMP" asked for a trade. Gillis replies something about keeping those discussions behind closed doors private. Next thing is Cody Hodgson himself avoided the whole topic together in an interview. To me it seems that he wanted a trade because lets face it, He wasn't going to be getting many more minutes unless Henrik or Kesler get hurt or traded, the second being very un-likely. Part of me is upset that he wanted out because it gave the canucks great depth at center but I guess it could've happend to any team in the league.

I hope the Canucks can draft another good center in the next couple season's to replace what Co-Ho would've provided in the future.

Guest gumballthechewy

Listen, Francine. He's gone. Take a sip of your Diet Pepsi, sit in your rocking chair, nod your head back and forth, and enjoy a nice big bag of Mark Messier. Everything's going to be alright. Cody isn't a Canuck anymore.

I don't have video of him saying trade me, but I have video of him scoring 15 points in 28 games before this here video posted...and 15 points in the 22 games after that hit, and then 3 points in 20 games inexplicably. I am firing in the dark here, but something is not right in Cody Land, maybe regarding that first big hit as you can see here on youtube...but more likely something else, something that re-agrivated or hurt him new. What happened to him in early February that could cause a guy scoring 15 points in 28, and then 15 more in 22 to go dry as a milked out cow for the last 20 games? Maybe not injury but attitude? My guess is he is hurting and not right physically, we will hear more in the offseason for sure.

There is no evidence because he never asked.

The whole MG or Cody saying "no comment", that's just basic etiquette. No one is gonna run down another player or organization, that's just not classy.

But apparently because both says nothing, it must mean Hodgson is a drama queen... I dunno how people come up with idea. Of course, whatever that makes them sleep better at night.

Archived