Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

* - - - - 3 votes

Can Someone Post Cody Saying He Wanted To Get Traded?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
156 replies to this topic

#91 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:48 AM

When asked point blank on CBC, he deflected the question. If he didn't ask for it or more ice time he would have said so.

Asking for more ice time is no biggie, but it's pretty telling that he deflected the question. If nobody from his camp had hinted at a trade, or indicated a lack of desire to remain with the Canucks, it would be a simple thing to deny it. I think Cody's character didn't allow him to deny it because it wouldn't be honest.

Edited by suolucidir, 12 March 2012 - 11:48 AM.

PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#92 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 11:57 AM

There is no evidence because he never asked.

The whole MG or Cody saying "no comment", that's just basic etiquette. No one is gonna run down another player or organization, that's just not classy.
But apparently because both says nothing, it must mean Hodgson is a drama queen... I dunno how people come up with idea. Of course, whatever that makes them sleep better at night.

You musn't pay attention to many of the trade rumours that happen in the NHL. There have been many a case where a player is strongly rumored to be headed out of town and then when traded questioned if he asked for a trade. Often the answer is a strong "NO", I never asked to be trade. Cody could not or would answer the question properly. Sorry, a person with grade 1 can do the math.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#93 timmylu1

timmylu1

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:27 PM

i think fans should be happy for him

#94 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:29 PM

Considering Cody has already hired and fired a few agents in his brief career, I think Cody would be quite comfortable parting w/ Winter's should Ritch have said or did something CoHo did not support.

...as far as I am aware, Ritch is still his agent. Hmmmmmmmm.

it was under advisement of his father that he switched agents, if his dad was the one that gave the ok to rich for the "talk" to MG i highly doubt cody would fire him under those circumstances.

#95 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 35,509 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:49 PM

"Hey Kes, mind if we give Hodgson your spot?"

"Yes."

We played 5 games in October without Kesler. Hodgson averaged 15mins a game during that period. He managed a goal and an assist. The goal came against CBJ and the assist came against EDM. And we couldn't WAIT for Kesler to come back.

If Hodgson was this 'top-6, Stamkos-like stud' that his agent thinks he is, shouldn't THAT have been the opportune time for him to show it? Cheers.

TOML

comeundone.gif

#96 Burr-Its-Cold

Burr-Its-Cold

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 12:51 PM

I don't mind that Hodgson asked to be out but it's good to know that our GM won't make bad trades unless he has to.

Posted Image

Free Patchey and iE!

#97 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,977 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:00 PM

Huh, why would anyone ask to be traded after a team lost in game 7 of the finals? That really doesn't add up.
Did the reporter get two sources at least for this? Or is this "damage" control?

I'm thinking we'll never know. And honestly it doesn't matter, the trades been done.

Some of Cody's peers....

Stamkos $5.62m
Doughty $7m
Bogosian $2.5m
Pietriangelo $3.167m
Schenn $3.6m
Myers $5.5m (starting next season)

Hodgson $1.667

There's millions of reasons he could prefer to go to a team where he'd get more ice time and a bigger role. Particularly when there isn't really much opportunity for a bigger role here in the near future.

MentalMidgetSig.jpg

#98 spliced

spliced

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,315 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:04 PM

This board loves to discredit who or what has been traded.

ljfVQAn.jpg?1

#99 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,346 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:06 PM

This board also loves to discredit who or what has done the trading or the coaching.

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#100 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:12 PM

True or not, the evidence out there strongly suggests that a trade was desired. The only real question is whether that was a long, medium, or short term goal for the Hodgsons. imo.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#101 skadoosh

skadoosh

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:20 PM

I think I have avelanch's Hodgson defense figured out. On avelanch's bio you can see his website which is devoted to selling Canuck prospect merchandise. Maybe he just figures that his investment in Hodgson merchandise will lose its value if he doesn't make crazy justifications for Hodgson's behavior.

Hows that? Does it make sense to anyone else?

#102 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:21 PM

lol, what? i don't have a website that sells anything

Edit: LMAO, that's an RSS feed from the old moose website, it was being used for automatic news feeds, that's not anything I own or get any profits from. I haven't even looked at that site for almost a year now.

Edited by avelanch, 12 March 2012 - 01:26 PM.

#103 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,688 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 01:25 PM

Tonight Buffalo takes on Montreal on TSN and i'm convinced that there are going to be little clues throughout the broadcast that will decode the big mystery.
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#104 hf44

hf44

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,228 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

All Cody had to say when he was asked by Scott Oakes (CBC) last Sat March 3rd to whether he had asked for a trade was "YES" or "NO" not some politician's answer that he gave. <_<

#105 skadoosh

skadoosh

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:22 PM

lol, what? i don't have a website that sells anything

Edit: LMAO, that's an RSS feed from the old moose website, it was being used for automatic news feeds, that's not anything I own or get any profits from. I haven't even looked at that site for almost a year now.

That website has an email address for Ryan Walker. Current hometown Chicago, same as yours from your profile. I'm sure you can understand my suspicion. So you aren't that guy? The Ryan Walker on that website says he is an active member of the Canucks forum. Are you sure it isn't you?

#106 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:25 PM

I live in seattle now, and I'm not denying I helped make that site, but to say I have any financial reasoning behind my opinion of hodgson is ridonculous, especially since that was a news post from the old manitoba moose RSS feed. and that shows how out of date that site was when all work stopped on it, I didn't even bother updating the RSS feed to the wolves feed until you reminded me that site even still existed. that site was a complete fan project that had no revenue and was built on a free hosting site.

and that email doesn't even exist anymore :P

Edited by avelanch, 12 March 2012 - 02:32 PM.

#107 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,028 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:26 PM

Huh, why would anyone ask to be traded after a team lost in game 7 of the finals? That really doesn't add up.
Did the reporter get two sources at least for this? Or is this "damage" control?

I'm thinking we'll never know. And honestly it doesn't matter, the trades been done.

Just speculation but I know I was pissed he didn't play game 7 and Bolduc did. We needed scoring ... I probably would have asked for one myself.

Canuckslogo160x160.jpg

#108 skadoosh

skadoosh

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:27 PM

I live in seattle

Your profile says otherwise.

#109 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:34 PM

Your profile says otherwise.

ok, cyberstalker, maybe someone who moved didn't bother updating their forum profile because it's inconsequential? and I'd advise you to read my entire post.

#110 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:35 PM

It has never been said he asked for a trade but the remarks that Gillis has made about keeping that private and Cody trying to avoid the question have shown there is something to the story and what exactly is behind it we dont know and maybe never will
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#111 skadoosh

skadoosh

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:38 PM

Ah, so you edited your post to admit I was right.

So you lied about having a connection to that website and got caught and now you expect people to believe the new answer. I notice you changed your home town on your profile but haven`t removed the link to the website you supposedly don`t profit from and did but did not make or have any connection to, or whatever your current story is.

Credibility = zero.

#112 skadoosh

skadoosh

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:39 PM

Cyberstalker 1, liar 0. Next time don`t lie and you won`t have these credibility issues.

#113 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:41 PM

i never lied and i don't know what sore of credibility is required for one to state their opinion...

Edited by avelanch, 12 March 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#114 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:42 PM

you may want to go back to my full post and actually read it before you make baseless accusations

I live in seattle now, and I'm not denying I helped make that site, but to say I have any financial reasoning behind my opinion of hodgson is ridonculous, especially since that was a news post from the old manitoba moose RSS feed. and that shows how out of date that site was when all work stopped on it, I didn't even bother updating the RSS feed to the wolves feed until you reminded me that site even still existed. that site was a complete fan project that had no revenue and was built on a free hosting site.

and that email doesn't even exist anymore :P

#115 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:50 PM

here's the breakdown of your idiotic accusations:
-you said i have a website that sells moose memorabilia - I don't and never have
-you started cyberstalking to tie me to an extremely out of date website that I helped build, which I did
-The old site I helped build had an old automatic RSS news feed from the manitoba moose, which DID have a site that was selling moose memorabilia but i was completely unaffiliated with and recieved absolutely no money from (i did not controll what the moose news feed published)
-i forgot to update my profile when i moved (oh no, the world may crumble!)
-you looked like a complete ass trying to "discredit" me for my opinion, which is a freaking opinion. congrats.

Edited by avelanch, 12 March 2012 - 02:52 PM.

#116 skadoosh

skadoosh

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:51 PM

i never lied

You denied owning it but are listed as a co-founder. You conveniently didn't cop to that until you had no other choice. You are claiming that the only reason that website is on your profile is because it is an old news post from the Moose RSS feed. I'm afraid that just isn't believable. That website is devoted to selling Canucks merchandise and you are a co-founder yet its the Moose' fault its on your profile? Give me a break.

My suspicions are perfectly valid. Your behavior has been deceptive at every step and only when pushed into a corner did you admit to having any connection to that site.

You just don't have any credibility on that anymore. You are a co-founder of a site that makes profit from Canucks prospect gear and you lied about having any connection to it. Maybe its time to come clean. I'm sure you would feel better if you didn't have to add more ridiculous lies to justify your previous lies.

#117 skadoosh

skadoosh

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:55 PM

PS. Don't claim the site had no revenue.

"Future Canucks Watch is your one-stop shop for anything and everything related to the prospects of the Vancouver Canucks."

Your lies aren't making any sense. A website devoted to selling merchandise has no revenue? Please.

#118 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:56 PM

You denied owning it but are listed as a co-founder. You conveniently didn't cop to that until you had no other choice. You are claiming that the only reason that website is on your profile is because it is an old news post from the Moose RSS feed. I'm afraid that just isn't believable. That website is devoted to selling Canucks merchandise and you are a co-founder yet its the Moose' fault its on your profile? Give me a break.

My suspicions are perfectly valid. Your behavior has been deceptive at every step and only when pushed into a corner did you admit to having any connection to that site.

You just don't have any credibility on that anymore. You are a co-founder of a site that makes profit from Canucks prospect gear and you lied about having any connection to it. Maybe its time to come clean. I'm sure you would feel better if you didn't have to add more ridiculous lies to justify your previous lies.

oh, my freaking goodness, you either have no clue how RSS feeds work (or the internet in general) or you are intentionally dense. that site does ntohing but provide info on canucks prospects, and it takes news feeds from other sites and conglomerates it into one place. not only is the site insanely out of date, but it's not affiliated, in any way, to any professional organization.

#119 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 02:58 PM

PS. Don't claim the site had no revenue.

"Future Canucks Watch is your one-stop shop for anything and everything related to the prospects of the Vancouver Canucks."

Your lies aren't making any sense. A website devoted to selling merchandise has no revenue? Please.

"one-stop shop" is a colloquialism, it just means you can find out all the info about the prospects in one place. there is no place for buying anything.

Edited by avelanch, 12 March 2012 - 03:01 PM.

#120 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 36,238 posts

Posted 12 March 2012 - 03:00 PM

and that site hasn't been worked on for about a year now. I just updated the RSS feed to point to the wolves instead of the moose in case anyone looks at it, which is unlikely, as it was a complete fan site. I can't believe you are so dense to think it's a sales site.

Edited by avelanch, 12 March 2012 - 03:02 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.