The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Can Someone Post Cody Saying He Wanted To Get Traded?

Guest Gumballthechewy

Everything is pure speculation, the trade has happened, move along.

Personally I don't think it was Cody per se, as it was his Dad and his agent. I have to say, my opinion is mixed in regards to his ice time by AV. I agree you shouldn't be demanding ice time. But I've seen AV bench Cody for a mistake, when Rome would commit a few errors and keep playing him. So there is a double standard here. At the same time, for the most part, AV handled his ice time well. AV may not have trusted Cody, but he trusted him enough to give him important minutes.

So if your kid gets to the NHL. Parents and agents....SHUT UP.

I do find it amusing that with Bure, fans are on his side that he was shafted and mistreated by the organisation, but on Hodgson well he must be bad if the team traded him!

Oh and Henrik Sedin. Please I hope to God you aren't in a jury. Because I don't think you understand what "beyond a reasonable doubt" means.

There is not link. He never said that its just the idea of some fans that used to love him but now hate him and are accusing him of whinning or whatever. I doubt he asked for a trade did anyone hear the video of him on tradecenter when he just found out he was traded the poor kid sounded like he was about to cry ! Or maybe its just me, i was crying...

edit: I couldnt watch the whole video because my computers being stupidly slow, but I believe this is him talking after the trade.

The Canucks did Cody a favor by sending him to Buffalo a team with some tallent. Asking for increasd ice time as a rookie seems to be ok with a lot of posters here. I wonder what would happen if Scottie Bowman was coatch or GM, Cody would have plenty of it all in the minors. Infact he would have sat in the minors untill his contract expired.

then he deserves an academy award for outstanding male performance for his job in the post trade interviews, he was clearly rocked and shaken by the news; that's not how someone who wanted/requested a trade would have acted. he or his agent might have said something about ice time (most likely his agent) but cody clearly didn't want/expect a trade.

Watch the video and make your own conclusion.. I've never seen a question dodged so awkwardly, and I didn't think he asked for a trade until I saw that interview. But saying if he didn't say "i asked for a trade" then he didn't is just silly, and you deserve all the flaming

then he deserves an academy award for outstanding male performance for his job in the post trade interviews, he was clearly rocked and shaken by the news; that's not how someone who wanted/requested a trade would have acted. he or his agent might have said something about ice time (most likely his agent) but cody clearly didn't want/expect a trade.

Seriously? Did he really seem that rocked and shaken????

You seemed to have accused another for "having a feeble mind" for believing Cody may have asked out.

I won't make the same accusation towards you; but I will say that (and others here), appear to have their heads in the sand when it comes to CoHo.

It is also preposterous that's you state "cody clearly didn't want/expect a trade." Especially if you are basing it on his TSN interview post-trade. That is such an absolute statement that it is comical.

The Hodgson apologists are bordering on becoming ludicrous.

I thought his agent made it perfectly clear that he had asked for more icetime.

Hodgson was only concerned about his future with the team. He's not a 3rd liner. But were the Canucks going to put him in the top-6 for the playoffs?

We could've i suppose. But perhaps AV thought Hodgson would be annilihated in the playoffs. He did afterall get crushed by Nick Foligno in the only playoff-style hit he sustained all season so far. It was a good thing Hodgson got up, but jeez, isn't it better going into the playoffs with a bit more toughness than that? Esp. when we all know Hodgson will eventually see the pressbox in the playoffs?

Let's get one thing straight: Hodgson is not Tyler Seguin. And even Tyler Seguin had to be worked SLOWLY into Boston's top-6, even with all their injuries.

It's disappointing that we won't see Hodgson's peak in Vancouver, but perhaps he was overrated to begin with. We tend to do that here. We tend to hear 'Stamkos' when the reality is 'Drury', tops.

Likely AV and Gillis said good things to Cody before/after/while talking amongst themselves about what the team's real needs were for a cup run, without crippling the future. All speculation. Enter Zack Kassian, who seems quite comfortable in a bottom-6 role, and Samuel Pahlsson, who is a proven shutdown guy in the playoffs. Cheers.

TOML

Can somebody post Gillis saying he wanted to trade Hodgson?

The two camps didn't see eye to eye - didn't have the same interests in the end and it was becoming an ongoing disruption.

1/2 the reason for the trade was that Hodgson/camp weren't satisfied with his role here.

1/2 the reason for the trade was that the Canucks were wearing thin where Hodgson's camp's dissatisfaction was concerned.

A reasonable trade for both camps was the result.

The Canucks acquired the types of players they wanted and needed - and Hodgson went to a team where he could play a top six role, and be close to home. What more do people want?

Archived