The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Would You Like To See The Vancouver Canucks Draft This Year?

S N Y P E R S 7

To Columbus:

Cory Schneider

1st round pick 2012

3rd round pick 2012

to Vancouver:

Ryan Johansen

1st round pick (2012- LA KINGS)-NOTE: NOT CBJ first

draft in the 15-20 range, acquire Johansen to be a building block with Kassian-Schroeder for the future.

Next year:

Schroeder-Johansen-Kassian

Kassian and Johansen played together at world juniors.Two big bodies, and they would dominate. Johansen is from vancouver as well.

Rather trade our pick and get Lars Eller, then next season we can have Jensen/Eller/Hansen. :)

Or....

Trade down to an early 2nd rounder, and swap 1st round picks to say Edmonton in 2013. (So high end 2nd rounder and hopefully top 10 next year)

Then draft either:

Brady Vail -C Windsor Spitfires: 47 points in 65 games

Or

Scott Laughton -C Oshawa Generals 51 points in 60 games.

Dalton Thrower is supposed to be at 30th, Saskatoon Blades -D North Vancouver kid, 6'0" 185 lbs, 66 Games and 54 points but -4. So basically we get another Connauton in our system.

I can't say I don;t want to see Roberto Luongo replaced by Andrey Makarov. Makarov has proved himself as an amazing goalie... he could be more of a franchise player in Vancouver than Luongo in the years that follow. plus we might be trading schneider and Eddie lack wouldnt be as reliable as Andrey Makarov. I hope we get Makarov in the draft.

If we need a forward we go for Tanner Pearson (87 Points in 57 games is pretty dang impressive). If we go for a defenseman, Dalton Thrower's the way to go.

Rather trade our pick and get Lars Eller, then next season we can have Jensen/Eller/Hansen. :)

Or....

Trade down to an early 2nd rounder, and swap 1st round picks to say Edmonton in 2013. (So high end 2nd rounder and hopefully top 10 next year)

Then draft either:

Brady Vail -C Windsor Spitfires: 47 points in 65 games

Or

Scott Laughton -C Oshawa Generals 51 points in 60 games.

Dalton Thrower is supposed to be at 30th, Saskatoon Blades -D North Vancouver kid, 6'0" 185 lbs, 66 Games and 54 points but -4. So basically we get another Connauton in our system.

As a few have mentioned already, I think Griffin Reinhart (a Vancouver boy) would be a great choice. He is big and fast but this makes him very highly ranked so the Canucks would either have to be very lucky to get him or they could make a swap for another teams early pick. They need a good big mobile defenceman though so hopefully they can get lucky.

As a few have mentioned already, I think Griffin Reinhart (a Vancouver boy) would be a great choice. He is big and fast but this makes him very highly ranked so the Canucks would either have to be very lucky to get him or they could make a swap for another teams early pick. They need a good big mobile defenceman though so hopefully they can get lucky.

hmm maybe a Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Crosby type player :P

EDIT: Actually we are pretty set for offense for a good 5+years, so i'll change my answer to a Lidstrom, Doughty, Letang type guy. Would be nice to have a very good D-man prospect haha.

If we have to trade Schneids, then regardless of whether we deal with Tampa for Connolly and a first rounder, or with CBJ for Johansen and a first rounder, we're sitting pretty since either way, we'll be getting a young potential star in either of those two kids, plus an another high first rounder. We also have Eddy Lack waiting in the wings, and Connaughton in Chicago. So assuming we draft near the top this year, we'll be getting another piece of our team's future core.

We'll be rebuilding and reloading our team with the next generation while this team is at its peak...unlike Calgary for example where they've been bad for a few years and STILL do not have a core group of young kids coming through.

Remember, when Gillis stated that he's following the Red Wings model, it meant being consistently good over many years...without having to go through the poor years one would normally think you'd have to have in order to restock your talent pool.

And for the record, Yakupov and Grigorenko are not out of the question. Columbus is desperate for a star young goalie and might be enticed to give us their first this year if we sweeten our end of the deal. Either way, I'm excited about our future.

If we have to trade Schneids, then regardless of whether we deal with Tampa for Connolly and a first rounder, or with CBJ for Johansen and a first rounder, we're sitting pretty since either way, we'll be getting a young potential star in either of those two kids, plus an another high first rounder.

Very interesting post. Actually really excited about the upcoming draft and I haven't been watching them really over the past few years. With the Schneider card to play (although I kinda hope they keep him), Gillis could bundle up something and attempt a daring move up the ladder if he so chooses.

I also like Pearson, if we don't move up the draft ladder, but I personally think Gillis has something planned this draft. Can't wait!

Archived