The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Who Would You Like To See The Vancouver Canucks Draft This Year?

S N Y P E R S 7

Hey everybody - for the past few days I've been doing a little scouting around at this years Draft Prospects! I was wondering what you guys thought and who you think the Canucks have a good chance at drafting!

I have a few favorites that I think could and would be excellent fan favorites if they got drafted to the Vancouver Canucks hockey club! They'd look great with their last names on the back of Canucks jerseys too!

My Top 4 Forwards and Defensemen:

1. Tanner Pearson (North American Skater; Left Wing)

2. Valeri Vasiliev (European Skater; Defense)

3. Nikita Gusev (European Skater; Left Wing)

4. Alexei Filippov (European Skater; Right Wing)

My Top 3 GoalTenders:

1. Andrei Vasilevski (UFA 2)

2. Andrei Makarov (WHL; Saskatoon Blades)

3. Michael Houser (OHL; London Knights)

PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK OF MY LIST! It would mean a lot to me!

Post all your top prospects for the draft here too I'm super interested to see what you guys see in this years draft picks!

LOL @ the first dude to say Yakupov.

EDIT: and is it just me, or would Yakupov not fit in this lineup. There's already enough skill on the Sedin line, and a Parise type would be a better fit than a pure skill guy on the Kesler line. IMO the tremendous resources necessary to acquire the #1 overall would thus be better used otherwise.

EDIT: and is it just me, or would Yakupov not fit in this lineup. There's already enough skill on the Sedin line, and a Parise type would be a better fit than a pure skill guy on the Kesler line. IMO the tremendous resources necessary to acquire the #1 overall would thus be better used otherwise.

Wow; you guys have got to look at players ranked a little deeper than the top 20. Look MG sees that this team needs some big rugged forwards to help build this team going forward. Yes we may still get one of those top picks if a team is willing to give it up for Schneids; but I feel Cory will be with us until the end of November of next season.

When looking at players around 25th in the draft to 40th there are 2 people who standout.:

Forward

Martin Frk 32 Halifax (QMJHL) 10/5/93 RW R(sh) 6'0/204 31gm 14g 12a 26pt -10

This kid is a big skilled forward who can play with the highly skilled. Plays on a line with Nathan Mackinnon as well with another of our prospects, Alexandre Grenier.

Defenceman

Damon Severson 34 Kelowna (WHL) 8/7/94 D R(sh) 6'1/200 53gm 6g 26a 32pt +6

Well everyone around here seems to think we need someone to replace Salo when he retires. Well he may not be ready that quickly; but with his size; would be another great baddition to our prospect pool.

Goalie

Brandon Whitney 49 Victoriaville (QMJHL) 5/11/94 G L 6'5/193 36 22 2.74 .896 2

All I need to say is look at his size. If he is ready for the wolves in 2yrs time this could be the goalie to replace Lu...maybe not; but who knows.

Remember I picked the players that fill a need for our organization moving forward. Taking into account of our draft position.

Archived