Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Who Would You Like To See The Vancouver Canucks Draft This Year?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
53 replies to this topic

#31 Salmonberries

Salmonberries

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,094 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:38 AM

Dalton Thrower

th_1435408476_c985b0ec75_zps489544ad.jpg

#32 DrWhom

DrWhom

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 161 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 06:08 PM

As a few have mentioned already, I think Griffin Reinhart (a Vancouver boy) would be a great choice. He is big and fast but this makes him very highly ranked so the Canucks would either have to be very lucky to get him or they could make a swap for another teams early pick. They need a good big mobile defenceman though so hopefully they can get lucky.

#33 S N Y P E R S 7

S N Y P E R S 7

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 11:25 AM

As a few have mentioned already, I think Griffin Reinhart (a Vancouver boy) would be a great choice. He is big and fast but this makes him very highly ranked so the Canucks would either have to be very lucky to get him or they could make a swap for another teams early pick. They need a good big mobile defenceman though so hopefully they can get lucky.

Yeah Reinharts projected to going 8th overall. I say take Tanner Pearson in his place, Pearson has a lot of skill and we can get him at our place in the 1st round.
Posted Image

#34 Edler Is a Beast

Edler Is a Beast

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:16 PM

In a perfect world, I wanna get Mathew Dumba lol, but I doubt that'll happen. :sadno:

Edited by Edler Is a Beast, 16 March 2012 - 12:16 PM.

#35 Burnsey

Burnsey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,779 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 12:47 PM

hmm maybe a Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Crosby type player :P

EDIT: Actually we are pretty set for offense for a good 5+years, so i'll change my answer to a Lidstrom, Doughty, Letang type guy. Would be nice to have a very good D-man prospect haha.

Edited by Burnsey, 16 March 2012 - 12:48 PM.

Posted Image

#36 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:37 PM

If we have to trade Schneids, then regardless of whether we deal with Tampa for Connolly and a first rounder, or with CBJ for Johansen and a first rounder, we're sitting pretty since either way, we'll be getting a young potential star in either of those two kids, plus an another high first rounder. We also have Eddy Lack waiting in the wings, and Connaughton in Chicago. So assuming we draft near the top this year, we'll be getting another piece of our team's future core.

We'll be rebuilding and reloading our team with the next generation while this team is at its peak...unlike Calgary for example where they've been bad for a few years and STILL do not have a core group of young kids coming through.

Remember, when Gillis stated that he's following the Red Wings model, it meant being consistently good over many years...without having to go through the poor years one would normally think you'd have to have in order to restock your talent pool.

And for the record, Yakupov and Grigorenko are not out of the question. Columbus is desperate for a star young goalie and might be enticed to give us their first this year if we sweeten our end of the deal. Either way, I'm excited about our future.
Posted Image

#37 gurn

gurn

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,081 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:56 PM

Stay away from the Russians please.Ovie is a dissapointment and Malkin seems to take every other year off.On the positive side Datsuiyk(sp) is damm good and consistent.

#38 Edler Is a Beast

Edler Is a Beast

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:58 PM

If we have to trade Schneids, then regardless of whether we deal with Tampa for Connolly and a first rounder, or with CBJ for Johansen and a first rounder, we're sitting pretty since either way, we'll be getting a young potential star in either of those two kids, plus an another high first rounder.

Connolly or Johansen + a first rounder? From TBL or CBJ? I'm down with that! :frantic: :emot-parrot: :frantic:

#39 Edler Is a Beast

Edler Is a Beast

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 01:59 PM

Stay away from the Russians please.Ovie is a dissapointment and Malkin seems to take every other year off.On the positive side Datsuiyk(sp) is damm good and consistent.

Datsyuk is a rarity. What I wouldn't give to have him in a Canucks jersey....

#40 Dak72

Dak72

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 97 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Very interesting post. Actually really excited about the upcoming draft and I haven't been watching them really over the past few years. With the Schneider card to play (although I kinda hope they keep him), Gillis could bundle up something and attempt a daring move up the ladder if he so chooses.

I also like Pearson, if we don't move up the draft ladder, but I personally think Gillis has something planned this draft. Can't wait!

#41 MJDDawg

MJDDawg

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,652 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 02:20 PM

I know, that's the potential downside to drafting one of those two Russians. The one difference with these two over previous Russian picks is that they have both been playing in Canada (OHL and QMJHL)...which is a good sign for me. These two kids appear to be the real deal and might be too good to pass up.
Posted Image

#42 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,923 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:04 AM

Nail Bure

#43 westcoast

westcoast

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,237 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

Barring an unforeseen major move,id like to see Gillis aquire a second first rounder and pick two defensemen.

#44 oeteman

oeteman

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 94 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:19 AM

PLEASE no European or college players... Lets draft some good ol' rough and tough canadian boys in major junior. Best prospect pool every year comes from CHL i just dont understand MG's preference for European and NCAA draftees

#45 Grind-Like-Lightning

Grind-Like-Lightning

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

Well i was playing nhl12 today and got Yakupov so clearly its a easy move. I'll email Gillis my trade offer, 7th + 6th + 5th + 4th + 3rd + 2nd for CBJ's 1st round pick, easy deal.

semi serious.

Pfft, you can't deal 6 items in a single deal, the game won't let you. LIAR!!!!

But anyways, I think Yakupov isn't as unrealistic as everyone else says; the only issue is what we would need to give Columbus alongside Schneider. Is it likely? frack no. But it is possible.
Posted Image Posted Image

#46 70seven

70seven

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 11:45 AM

Hard to say where we'll have picks available with the Schneider card to play.

Someone mentioned obtaining Johansen, which I think would be a nice move, but doubt CBJ is willing to move him since he's exactly the kind of player theyre trying to aquire...

Id like to see Van draft a solid 2 way D-man, and theres plenty available as ranked 1st rounders this year, but most of which would still be a few years away from cracking the line-up.

Matt Dumba would be my pick of the crop, but obviously we'd need to trade up for that to happen.

I really have no idea what the long term plan is here... Some decent UFA d-men available aswell... Jason Garrison would be worth taking a shot at... Local kid having a break through year might come at a money puck price... Dennis Wideman, Matt Carle, Ryan Suter, and possibly Justin Schultz...

This years outcome will likley dramatically change the direction of the club, whether its moving Schneider, to what kind of player they want to draft or sign as pending UFAs. I personally like the idea of moving Schneider for TBs 1st (top 10 overall) + Detroits 1st (20 - 30th overall), combined with our own pick would give us three 1st round picks to get a healthy bunch of top tier prospects, or enable a package deal to aquire a coveted player. Either way, some much needed organizational depth is likley to be on the way.

#47 Canucksbiggestfan

Canucksbiggestfan

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,027 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 12:03 PM

Griffin Reinhart, Tanner Pearson, or Martin Frk.

If we trade to CBJ 1st then definitely Nail Yakupov.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#48 MikeJones

MikeJones

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,108 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:06 PM

If we could, Tanner Pearson, he seems NHL ready, and could be help next year assuming we dont win the cup

From what I saw at the WJC, Tanner Pearson is not the type of player I want. He lacks top end ability for a 1st round pick. His stats are benefiting from being on a great team. He is a complimentary player, the type you get in later rounds. Let alone he was skipped last draft....if you can get two players of equivalent skill and one is a year younger who do you take?
GO CANUCKS GO

#49 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,913 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:07 PM

Alex Galchenyuk, but it'll never happen

#50 Tokasmoka

Tokasmoka

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 412 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 02:18 PM

Me

#51 S N Y P E R S 7

S N Y P E R S 7

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 08:55 PM

Oh come on! If you mean Russian skaters, then yes. But russian goalies seem to turn out ok! and I say a russian goalie in Andrey Makarov is just when we need when Schneider leaves.

I'm interested what other teams will offer up for schnieder - no more crazy stunts like what happened with Hodgson (though Kassian is good).

Edited by S N Y P E R S 7, 17 March 2012 - 09:00 PM.

Posted Image

#52 S N Y P E R S 7

S N Y P E R S 7

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

I'd like to see the Canucks draft (later in the draft), with a midterm ranking of 167, Alex Gudbranson. Apparently he's a pretty darn good defenseman
Posted Image

#53 TheEhrhoffEffect

TheEhrhoffEffect

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,021 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 10:30 PM

Trade Schneids to Tampa for the 8th overall pick and a prospect.

Draft Reinhart.

#54 S N Y P E R S 7

S N Y P E R S 7

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 171 posts

Posted 18 March 2012 - 10:26 AM

We should draft Anton Slepyshev later in the draft - he has GREAT hands, he doesn't miss his snipes... EVER.

ANTON SLEPYSHEV VIDEO

Edited by S N Y P E R S 7, 18 March 2012 - 10:26 AM.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.