The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Floor / Ball Hockey - Good Stick To Buy?

TheRocket18

Hey guys, hoping for some input on a good Senior stick to be used for floor/ball hockey on smooth concrete surface...

Have gone through 5 sticks in the last 6 weeks...

Options include blades as I do have an old easton aluminium shaft...

Have been buying cheaper sticks lately as I find that the composites after getting a nick in them simply crumble and fray apart from severe slap shot pressure.

Last year I purchased a Shaft and blade combo from Can Tire - Red easton ultra extreme 100 flex 2 piece composite 160$... but after getting a nick - only lasted 10 games...

Also tried a yellow koho revolution composite which lasted 4 games... used at 60$.

Currently using an Orange Easton Magnum - made in Canada (wood Sakic model) found at Wal-Mart 12$.

Previous to this I had 2 Sherwoods - models PMP/PP 6087's made in Ukraine $13 at Cnadain Tire - 083-4114-8(Can Tire SKU#) - both of these lasted about 3 games a piece as even after taping the blade, the blades on these frayed apart.

My friend came back from Edmonton with 5 blades - Easton Synergy ABS Zetterburg (Street Tough- yeah right) Made in Vietnam (should have known better) all 5 of these blades fray apart with the end of the fiberglass layers spreading aprt from the tip inward. those were about 25$ a pop good for 3 games.

Any suggestions on a stick or blade that can actually handle repeated heavy slappers would be appreciated. higher flex is better.

thnx - Rocket18

Use your aluminum shaft with an ABS blade. I currently use my warrior dolomite shaft with an old ccm wood blade and a one 95 shaft with an easton ABS blade. I used to use the dolomite with a warrior hd blade but it ended up wearing out.

Ps. Anyone know where to get aluminum shafts in Vancouver?

Use your aluminum shaft with an ABS blade. I currently use my warrior dolomite shaft with an old ccm wood blade and a one 95 shaft with an easton ABS blade. I used to use the dolomite with a warrior hd blade but it ended up wearing out.

Ps. Anyone know where to get aluminum shafts in Vancouver?

Composite blades on any concrete surface is never a good idea. Pretty much just destroys the blade really quickly. Any shaft with an ABS blade should be good for road hockey. I dont know why your ABS blades are splitting because mine have lasted for a while.

The Hockey Shop in Surrey has a sale on one of their ABS blades if you're around the area. Never used it before so I cant comment on it. http://www.thehockeyshop.com/pro-abs-senior-wood-blade.html

Go to Canadian tire or Cyclone Taylors and ask for an ABS bladed stick. They wont fray or fall apart, and most likely last you a season

Composite gets wrecked by concrete, and wood doesn't last forever

Surface is smooth concrete, very smooth. And yes the ABS blade did fray apart - all 5 of them :(

I remember the Koho jagr... I think I had one of those when I was in the fraser valley....

Currently I'm in Port Alberni... so finding good blades or sticks is a challange...

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I'm almost thinking about adding some fiberglass resin to the bottom of my next blade as I used to build kayak's that could add some durability.

As far as the composites go its always been the shafts that break on me, much sooner than the blade itself on the stick.

Archived