Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 1 votes

Schneider For 1St Overall Pick?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
97 replies to this topic

Poll: Schneider For 1St Overall Pick? (228 member(s) have cast votes)

would you trade schneider for columbus' first round pick at the draft?

1. yes (186 votes [81.94%])

Percentage of vote: 81.94%

2. no (41 votes [18.06%])

Percentage of vote: 18.06%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,705 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:43 PM

Schneider alone is worth the first pick.

Some of you need to realize that players in the top 5 pick are not automatics to make the team the year they get drafted. AV will not give this guy any slack if he finds him unready or other players being better (as he did with CoHo, and yeah I know he was drafted #10)

We are a top team with lots of good players that makes it tough for kids coming through.

So question remains, would you trade Cory for a guy who may play a couple years from now?

Edited by grandmaster, 13 March 2012 - 02:45 PM.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#92 canuckprospect16

canuckprospect16

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 02:46 PM

I'm a little hesitant right now, Yakupov took a really nasty elbow to the head a couple games ago, unfortunately he's a question mark right now.

I'd be down for picking up the first overall pick (haha who wouldn't?) and then packaging it for a 4-10 pick. Let us pick up a solid defensive prospect and a roster player.

#93 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 03:04 PM

I have to agree with Provost that Luongo is a more proven entity but disagree 100% that Lou is the better goalie...hes not...by a country mile !!

#94 johntobes

johntobes

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 380 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:22 PM

We most definitely should trade for it. Yakupov's favorite team is the Canucks. I'd do Schneider and two firsts.

#95 Z3tt3rB3rg19

Z3tt3rB3rg19

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 05:47 PM

Schneider alone is worth the first pick.

Some of you need to realize that players in the top 5 pick are not automatics to make the team the year they get drafted. AV will not give this guy any slack if he finds him unready or other players being better (as he did with CoHo, and yeah I know he was drafted #10)

We are a top team with lots of good players that makes it tough for kids coming through.

So question remains, would you trade Cory for a guy who may play a couple years from now?

You are crazy if you think Schneider alone could get that first overall pick. If you have a chance to make that trade and you're the Canucks, you take it and RUN!!!!!!!!!

#96 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:27 PM

Why would we trade for a 1st pick and guess instead of someone who allready rapes right now

Yeah for sure Schneider "rapes" in all of big the 20 games he gets a season. If Luongo stays we have to move Schneider and Yakupov would be an amazing return.

#97 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,206 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 06:35 PM

Honestly, I'm not so sure I wouldn't pick Grigorenko over Yakupov anyway. A 6'3 C, who is already 200lb at 18? He might not be as explosive as Yakupov, but I was more impressed with Grigorenko at the WJHC than I was with Yakupov, and he's certainly built to withstand the rigors of the physical nature of the NHL game.

Patrick Roy has taken this kid under his wing and taught him how to be a complete hockey player, who is strong at both ends of the rink........thats a pretty attractive package. I like yakupov too, but I get the Ovie feeling from him of more flash than substance........if you could go back, would you pick Ovie or Malkin? I'd take Malkin

#98 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 07:29 PM

why would columbus trade their first overall pick for a guy they can offer for on free agent day and get for a 1st rounder in another year....assuming they offer him 3.5m over many years.

You are aware that Cory Schneider has to agree to sign an offersheet and he has the right to sign with any of the other 29 teams, right?

Schneider, by all accounts, is a very loyal guy. My guess is that he'd be more likely to re-sign with Columbus if his rights were traded there for something as hefty as the #1 overall pick since he'd feel some debt towards them for the amount of faith the CBJ would've shown in him by giving up something that significant. If he makes it to July 1st as an RFA he still won't screw the Canucks (that have done nothing but good things for him) by signing some backstabbing offersheet that only compensates a 2nd round pick. He'd be free to sign with Tampa (a team much better positioned to contend than CBJ) for $3.2m (1st & a 3rd).

If you were Schneider, would you sign in Tampa or Columbus if it came down to a straight up offersheet?

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.