The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

I don't know, anyone with foresight? RNH, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, Gagner, Paajarvi, etc., etc.

Going to Edmonton now is kinda like going to Pittsburgh in 2006, or Chicago in 2007. All signs are pointing to a serious upswing in Edmonton. Schultz is young. He fits in there. Vancouver is a veteran team that will have young guys on a short leash.

Thing about Edmonton is winter. Winter there sucks. And it's long. It's a long, depressing, black three+ months where cold white fluff never stops falling. :lol: I'm even further north than Edmonton, so it's even worse here and believe me, I don't want to be! :P Fall and spring wouldn't be so bad, and then the players usually leave for the summer. If I could choose a place with a nice climate and a currently more competitive team, I would, especially if it were for my favourite team as a kid. If Edmonton were my only choice, if course I wouldn't be unhappy playing with such young talent, but they're still a ways away yet and a place like Vancouver just has more factors going for it than Edmonton.

And Edmontonians would say that Vancouver is a sun-less, cloudy, rainy, wet, miserable place to live. Not a lot of rain in Alberta. It may be cold, but at least the sun is almost always out.

In any event, I don't think you're going to be hearing many NHLers bitching about cold winters. It's irrelevant. I'm not arguing that Edmonton is a better place to live - I'd far rather live in Vancouver, as most probably would. But Schultz is obviously a thoughtful guy, with both confidence and balls in spades. He probably thinks that he's ready to step in and star, which is what he could do on Edmonton. Look at their roster; stacked up front, bare on the back-end. An obvious choice for anyone looking to establish themselves.

I sense a huge off-season for us this year.

I think the off-season last year was a meh one for us due to Gillis not having the sufficient time to prepare due to the SCF. Tried to fix this by adding Booth (who I still have complete faith in and believe that this deal will pan out for us.) and Kassian will be an effing stud (can't wait to see him develop this year more and next year.)

I also believe that we will be adding a bottom 6 forward and have a feeling Schroeder will impress and crack the line up.

Going to Edmonton now is never like going to a good city. Edmonton sucks. Also, the Oilers suck, and will for at least a couple more years, and probably far more years than that when their stars bolt to New York, Florida and California as soon as they can.

Bob Stauffer who's a part of the Oilers' broadcast team, and probably the best "insider" on all things Oilers:

Bob Stauffer@Bob_Stauffer

Personally I think the Oilers sit 4th in pursuit of Schultz. Vancouver leads the way imo (home-field advantage). Leafs and Rangers 2nd and 3rd respectively because players recruit players. Gardiner in T.O., and Stepan and McDonagh with NYR

Bob Stauffer who's a part of the Oilers' broadcast team, and probably the best "insider" on all things Oilers:

Bob Stauffer@Bob_Stauffer

Personally I think the Oilers sit 4th in pursuit of Schultz. Vancouver leads the way imo (home-field advantage). Leafs and Rangers 2nd and 3rd respectively because players recruit players. Gardiner in T.O., and Stepan and McDonagh with NYR

Archived