Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RAMBUTANS

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

1,890 posts in this topic

Bob Stauffer who's a part of the Oilers' broadcast team, and probably the best "insider" on all things Oilers:

Bob Stauffer@Bob_Stauffer

Personally I think the Oilers sit 4th in pursuit of Schultz. Vancouver leads the way imo (home-field advantage). Leafs and Rangers 2nd and 3rd respectively because players recruit players. Gardiner in T.O., and Stepan and McDonagh with NYR

lets hope. Would be really nice to have some youth and skill added to the lineup.

Can't wait to see things unfold in the next 5 days or so.

MG will probably promise Justin Schultz a go at a top 4 spot with Edler, including PP Time.

It's then up to Schultz to prove that he is worth that roster spot, which I believe he is. I'm really excited to see Schultz in A Canuck uniform.

Edler-Hamhuis

Bieksa- Garrison

Ballard- Schultz

This is better!

The Canucks? They’re the twice-consecutive President’s Trophy champions who have shown the ability to win 16 playoff games (*in two years).

Edler-Hamhuis

Bieksa- Garrison

Ballard- Schultz

This is better!

Finally, Justin Schultz has come back...........................................home.

Edler - Garrison

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Gardiner - Schultz

Tanev

:mellow:

Not sure if posted already, but this is from Friedmans '30 thoughts' today: http://www.cbc.ca/sports/hockey/opinion/2012/06/time-to-free-up-nhl-free-agency-30-thoughts.html

1. Since we mentioned him above, let's start with Schultz. Neither the Maple Leafs, the Ducks nor his agency (Newport) would discuss it, but heard Anaheim allowed Toronto a window to try and sign him at the draft. (There would have been some draft-pick compensation in return.) He wants to test free-agency -- who can blame him? -- and passed. It is believed he is meeting with his agents today to discuss a shorter list of teams and is to begin discussions with that group Wednesday.

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Schultz

Ballard Garrison

Tanev

Goddamn, the only backend finer than that is Jessica Biel's.

I am hearing Schultz has made his decision....

You heard it here first....

He will have the 6 inch meatball sub combo with all the trimmings. He traded in the chips for the white chocolate macadamian nut cookie. Nestle Brisk Ice Tea.

Was at work today (a sports bar) while Sportscentre was on with no sound. Saw Schultz's name pop up and something about meeting with Oiler's management. It passed by pretty quickly but I think it said that he chose NOT to meet with the Oilers about contract negotiations. Can anyone confirm this?

This couldn't have gone in the 8 page Schultz thread?

The answer is either yes or no, either way it is pure speculation on how that relates to Canucks signing him....

Maybe you read it wrong? TSN twitter accounts haven't tweeted anything about Schultz not wanting to meet with Oilers but Ryan Rishaug did say this:

Ryan Rishaug@TSNRyanRishaug

Oiler management will likely meet in person with Justin Schultz and his agent in the next few days.

Maybe you read it wrong? TSN twitter accounts haven't tweeted anything about Schultz not wanting to meet with Oilers but Ryan Rishaug did say this:

Ryan Rishaug@TSNRyanRishaug

Oiler management will likely meet in person with Justin Schultz and his agent in the next few days.

Give the guy a break I'm sure if you had time to comment on this it isint going to interfere with your daily schedual. I hope u read the tv right btw lol, IMO edm is the only threat over van signing him