The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

If the kid signs here, I will respect him a bit more for pulling the Lindros. That would mean something, wanting to play for your hometown team, that actually shows alot of heart and desire and deserves respect and I think any player who did that whether its in vancouver or elsewhere would deserve respect.

I don't like the whole not signing with anaheim thing but if its van and he can accept he's in for some tough love from AV...interesting to see him play.

Downside, over pay a kid who's never seen a minute of ice in the NHL

Upside, we find the #1 stud d we've needed for 40 years and he's a hometown kid who will bleed canuck blue...that's not so bad...

Lets see what happens...regardless if MG is able to pull it off, another solid attempt to make this team better.

LOL the difference with why people have hated Raymond is they have seen what he can do for this team which isn't much. Schultz hasn't even played and he's young. He is one of the most sought after free agents in this market and for you to say that you wouldn't cheer for him even if he scored the GWG just shows how you hate him for not even giving him a chance. The reason why you won't give him a chance is even more abysmal. Because he might replace Salo or Be the reason why the team doesn't sign Salo is naive.

You basically admitted that you wouldn't be happy if we won the SC due to Schultz scoring. That's ridiculous. It would be a great storyline.

I just really, really want Salo to stay a Canuck no matter what.

I would be happy we won the Stanley Cup but I would not be happy for Schultz on scoring the GWG, I would pretty much be happy for the whole team except for him really.

I'm in awe that some people here would rather have Salo who will retire in a year over a top prospect like Schultz. Salo has maybe one year left. Schultz is destined to be a top 4 offensive D man for the next decade or so.

Sometimes you just have to let go of the older players guys.

Archived