The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

Well, you think Kessel and Lupul are going to have a season like they did last year?

Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Yakupov, Paaharvi, and Hemsky, are going to give defense fits.

Unless Toronto makes some major moves (likely), then I'd bet money that the Oilers finish ahead of them.

A big reason they finished where they did last year was injuries to Hall, Nuge, Whitney, and the rest of their shallow defense.

The leafs overachieved, the Oilers underachieved, and I wouldn't expect that to happen the same way.

And yes, Yakupov will make a difference. He will fill out a top 6 spot which will help balance the lines.

Hall Nugent-Hopkins Eberle

Hemsky Gagner Yakupov

Paaharvi Horcoff Smyth

Hartikainen Belanger Eager

Belanger should hopefully have a better season, and that will help too.

Well, you think Kessel and Lupul are going to have a season like they did last year?

Hall, Nugent-Hopkins, Eberle, Yakupov, Paaharvi, and Hemsky, are going to give defense fits.

Unless Toronto makes some major moves (likely), then I'd bet money that the Oilers finish ahead of them.

A big reason they finished where they did last year was injuries to Hall, Nuge, Whitney, and the rest of their shallow defense.

The leafs overachieved, the Oilers underachieved, and I wouldn't expect that to happen the same way.

And yes, Yakupov will make a difference. He will fill out a top 6 spot which will help balance the lines.

Hall Nugent-Hopkins Eberle

Hemsky Gagner Yakupov

Paaharvi Horcoff Smyth

Hartikainen Belanger Eager

Belanger should hopefully have a better season, and that will help too.

I haven't followed this guy at all. What's up with all the excitement?

From what I'm reading, he's an unproven free agent who has had a couple of good years in university. Is he even expected to crack the line up? If so, would he be anything more than a bottom pairing d-man for the next 3-4 years?

Explain :wacko:

From what I'm reading, he's an unproven free agent who has had a couple of good years in university. Is he even expected to crack the line up? If so, would he be anything more than a bottom pairing d-man for the next 3-4 years?

When it comes to team news local reporters who cover and follow the team are likely best sources, but bob mckenize and lebrun and tsn crew try to cover everything nhl. And are the best for covering the entire nhl.

Murph would know more about canucks dealings... With that said he likely has no idea about any other information regarding other teams unless it involves the canucks as well.

I agree with part of this. The Edmonton newspaper article stated that he has to be guaranteed a roster spot (as Detroit did) to even consider signing with a team. It would be inconceivable to imagine MG and AV making that kind of offer while everyone else has to earn their time. It seems like most fans see him as the second coming, and I don't know how valuable he might be, but unless he really wants to be in BC, I imagine Edmonton can give him more of a guarantee than we can and they have a great young roster to boot.

"The obvious advantage to this would be that Justin could pick and choose where he wants to play. Being a top 10 prospect in the world, Schultz could essentially choose any team in the NHL to play for next season. Would he want to be closer to his home and play for the Vancouver Canucks?"

So does speculation really come in the form of a question?

Archived