The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

Tambellini to J.Shultz " We got a great nucleus here with RNG, Hall, Eberle, Yakupov, and we'll challenge for a cup in the next 5-10 years"

Gillis to J. Schultz " Screw those idiots in Edmonton, why don't you come over here, and your FAMILY can watch you win a cup in your home town. You'll be on the same power play as Hart, Art Ross and Selke"

Uhh Hemsky, Gagner and Paajarvi did nothing last year and they are supposed to be difference makers this comin season? Smyth was good for half the season then disappeared.

And you dont even talk about how slow and inept their defense is and that defense is somehow supposed to make them playoff contenders?

The only thing that has changed for the Oulers next season is the addition of Yakupov. He's good and he'll have a trickle down effect on the team, but the Oilers have barely improved for next season.

Oilers didnt underachieve, they ended right where everyone expected them to.

It's true Toronto overacheieved Statistically indiidually but for the last couple years they have been battling for a playoff spot up until they just imploded down the stretch and missing out on a playoff spot.

Honestly? The Rangers & Canucks make the most sense to me and NYR seem like the best fit to me. He gets to play with MacDonagh, the Rags were conference finalists and they will be in a better position to trade Dubinsky, Del Zotto, Kreider & a pick if Schultz signs there.

While i do agree that the Oilers won't have much of an impact this coming season, you're being a bit unfair in writing them off before the off-season is even over. They could go out and sign a couple top D men and have a pretty well rounded team.

Archived