The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

I have no problems with signing him for the farm. The people I was reffering to are those that think that this kid can step right into the NHL. At 185lbs, he has to be a lot better than what I have seen. Putting up great numbers against lower tier talent is not impressive to me.Sign him, but for the farm. Play him in Manitoba for a couple of years. I would rather see if he can even compete on that level before even entertaining the idea that he can play right now.

I would be more excited about a 6'3" 235lb defenseman who's highlight package looked more like Scott Stevens than I am over a skinny, puck moving d-man. Sorry, but I guess I'm not on the bandwagon.

Let me know when you find one, and tell Gillis right away!

If we could get Justin Schultz, that would be awesome. I've seen him play and oh man is he dynamite at both ends of the ice. He has a great shot and would be awesome on the PP. Having him working with MacT in Chicago for a year would be great for his development.

Since when the overall weight mattered? It all has to do with skill. If he's ready to play he will play regardless , of if he's 185 lbs or 205 lbs. NIck Lidstrom is listed as 191 lbs, and he's regarded one of the best. Did size matter for him? Hell no, in fact at this point of the season, he's probably lighter then 191lbs, (Most players lose a anywhere from 1 to 9 over the course of the regular season.) Chris Tanev is listed as 185, I don't think it matters, also Shultz might not be physically full developed. Hes 185 lbs today, when his body fully matured, he probably be 200 pound player.

Since when the overall weight mattered? It all has to do with skill. If he's ready to play he will play regardless , of if he's 185 lbs or 205 lbs. NIck Lidstrom is listed as 191 lbs, and he's regarded one of the best. Did size matter for him? Hell no, in fact at this point of the season, he's probably lighter then 191lbs, (Most players lose a anywhere from 1 to 9 over the course of the regular season.) Chris Tanev is listed as 185, I don't think it matters, also Shultz might not be physically full developed. Hes 185 lbs today, when his body fully matured, he probably be 200 pound player.

There's got to be a formidable reason as to why he hasn't signed with the Ducks yet. Bob McKenzie said that's he's likely hitting the market. Here's my source: http://blogs.edmontonjournal.com/2012/03/29/tsns-bob-mckenzie-thinks-justin-schultz-could-sign-with-the-edmonton-oilers/

Anyways, I just think that it's likely we'll see Schultz hit the market. If he does, I think we'll be in the sweepstakes with the Detroit Red Wings(Need to Replace aging D), Edmonton Oilers(Youth) and Toronto Maple Leafs(Friendship with Gardiner)

If he hits the market, I think that the Canucks are the most enticing team for Schultzie to come to. Schultz, Tanev, Jensen, Connauton and Cannata will be the cornerstones of the future for this franchise. Not to shabby.

There's no one worth trading for on Toronto. Not really a huge fan of Gardiner or Schenn. Don't like Kadri's attitude, don't like Kessel's coasting play, man wow, is that team a mess. Don't want Bozak, like their high pick, that's about it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived