Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1889 replies to this topic

#271 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,545 posts

Posted 03 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

How about the 5th, we give up our first, Franson and Colburne (a suggested target by Old News)? Chuck in Tanev as a closer...

If Gillis could get that package for Luongo I think people would forgive him for the Hodgson and Ballard trade.

Unfortunately I don't think Burke is that desperate. And something tells me he's gun shy after that Kessel trade.

If we could get a combination of just two of those pieces, I think we would be very happy.

#272 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 09:50 PM

He has not played a single NHL game does not deserve the status of a elite dman ,For example look at Matt Gilroy who had the exact same hype as this kid and demanded the only contract he would take was the one guaranteeing him a spot on a NHL team and look whats happening with him.

If Shultz signed in Vancouver chances are he starts the year in Chicago to develop his game for all situations like Tanev did last year so if he wants a guaranteed spot on a team i can guarantee Gillis wont give him that and he will not becoming here.

No when Gilroy signed he was touted as a top pairing defender but he wanted a guarenteed spot on a team to sign instead of developing his skills correctly and its not that Gilroy could have or still could develop but players develop especially defenseman should not be doing this in the NHL unless your willing to let them play in all situations and live with there mistakes and some how keep there confidence up in the process and you can see an example of that right now with Gilroy who is onto his 3rd team already and BU has had its share of NHL players come from there too so that dont mean nothing in comparing the 2

Okay, so we've clearly established that "guaranteeing" a roster spot is basically a recipe for disaster and that Gillis has helped Tanev turn into a legit top-six/top-four NHL defenceman by developing him properly whereas Gilroy was destroyed by trying to rush the development process...

If Shultz signed in Vancouver chances are he starts the year in Chicago to develop his game for all situations like Tanev did last year so if he wants a guaranteed spot on a team i can guarantee Gillis wont give him that and he will not becoming here.

Exactly,, I've been saying this for a long time but for some reason people think Schultz will sign here because he cheered for the Canucks growing up, or he's confident he can make the team and so on....

Schultz is a college educated 22 year old who has a family and agent that give him advice on what's best for him.

I've had a lengthy discussion on this subject over the past couple of pages in this thread, so there is no reason to repeat every thing again. Schultz's best interest would be to sign with a team that he can crack.. Schultz's dad feels the same way according to an interview and to me it makes sense for the Schultz family to feel this way.

Exactly , It should be common sense but the fanboys do look at the whole picture

Wait, what?!

Now you're pulling a 180 and saying it's in Schultz's best interests (see: ability to hit his potential ceiling as a player) to be rushed to the NHL in the exact same way Gilroy was (who played in all situations in 09-10)?

I, for one, am confused by this apparent dichotomy.

Edited by Millerdraft, 04 June 2012 - 09:53 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#273 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:54 PM

Wait, what?!

Now you're pulling a 180 and saying it's in Schultz's best interests (see: ability to hit his potential ceiling as a player) to be rushed to the NHL in the exact same way Gilroy was (who played in all situations in 09-10)?
I, for one, am confused by this apparent dichotomy.

Wait, what?!

Aren't you the guy who thinks Schultz would be a top 4 Dman on the Canucks and that he would be on the PP feeding passes to the Sedins and racking up points??

Now you think he would be better served with the Canucks because he would develop properly in the minors? Wasn't that the reason I said he shouldn't sign with the Canucks?

Seems to me its you who's pulling a complete 180.

You accuse me of pulling a 180? Are you drunk? I've been talking to you about Schultz for the past several days on this thread. The whole time it was about Schultz's best interest. Our whole discussion has been on what I feel is best for Schultz and what I would do if I was him vs what you feel he should do and why. We both even wrote posts pretending to put our selves in Schultz shoes by saying "if I was Schultz I would......"

I can't believe you have resorted to a blatant lie by accusing me of pulling a 180.

We disagreed on Schultz potential to crack the Canucks line up vs the Oilers or another lesser team. I feel Schultz would have the freedom to make mistakes and get more ice time to learn the pro game on a worst team than a 2 time President's Trophy winning team.

Another poster posted Schultz's father's interview on the subject and the senior Schultz apparently agrees with me. He thinks the Canucks D might be too deep for his son to crack. After I pointed this interview out to you, your response is to accuse me of pulling a 180. LOL, this has to be a joke.

I thought you were one of the more knowledgeable posters here, except for when I disagreed with you when you posted Milan Lucic could be part of the BOS package for Rick Nash.

I can't understand why you would lower your self by misrepresenting my conversation with you.

#274 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:24 PM

Wait, what?!

Aren't you the guy who thinks Schultz would be a top 4 Dman on the Canucks and that he would be on the PP feeding passes to the Sedins and racking up points??

Now you think he would be better served with the Canucks because he would develop properly in the minors? Wasn't that the reason I said he shouldn't sign with the Canucks?

Seems to me its you who's pulling a complete 180.

You accuse me of pulling a 180? Are you drunk? I've been talking to you about Schultz for the past several days on this thread. The whole time it was about Schultz's best interest. Our whole discussion has been on what I feel is best for Schultz and what I would do if I was him vs what you feel he should do and why. We both even wrote posts pretending to put our selves in Schultz shoes by saying "if I was Schultz I would......"

I can't believe you have resorted to a blatant lie by accusing me of pulling a 180.

We disagreed on Schultz potential to crack the Canucks line up vs the Oilers or another lesser team. I feel Schultz would have the freedom to make mistakes and get more ice time to learn the pro game on a worst team than a 2 time President's Trophy winning team.

Another poster posted Schultz's father's interview on the subject and the senior Schultz apparently agrees with me. He thinks the Canucks D might be too deep for his son to crack. After I pointed this interview out to you, your response is to accuse me of pulling a 180. LOL, this has to be a joke.

I thought you were one of the more knowledgeable posters here, except for when I disagreed with you when you posted Milan Lucic could be part of the BOS package for Rick Nash.

I can't understand why you would lower your self by misrepresenting my conversation with you.

I was talking to ccc44, not you. ;)

Edit: I may as well address the father issue, though. If he has an overly-meddlesome father, I want no part of that (see: Hodgson, Lindros, and even Zach Parise's dad's recent public comments as to why it's problematic) but that "interview" also noted that his father seemed to have no idea Salo likely wouldn't be back (something Sami himself hinted at with a local scribe) and was "interested" with that bit of news.

Edited by Millerdraft, 04 June 2012 - 11:32 PM.

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#275 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

I was talking to ccc44, not you. ;)

Edit: I may as well address the father issue, though. If he has an overly-meddlesome father, I want no part of that (see: Hodgson, Lindros, and even Zach Parise's dad's recent public comments as to why it's problematic) but that "interview" also noted that his father seemed to have no idea Salo likely wouldn't be back (something Sami himself hinted at with a local scribe) and was "interested" with that bit of news.

Actually you quoted a post I made, high lighted certain parts of it and even underlined it. So it looks like you are talking to me and ccc44 both. But if you say you are talking to ccc44 than I take your word for it.

#276 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Actually you quoted a post I made, high lighted certain parts of it and even underlined it. So it looks like you are talking to me and ccc44 both. But if you say you are talking to ccc44 than I take your word for it.

Actually, I quoted you for the context to which ccc44 agreed, "Exactly." If you look at that last half of my post ccc44's handle is outside your handle which is outside ccc44's handle, which means I'm addressing ccc44's response to you. You were very clear in your opinion that what's best for Schultz is to be almost guaranteed (path of little resistance at least) a roster spot in his first NHL season. ccc44 was kind of speaking out of both corners of his mouth by, on the one hand, saying Gilroy was ruined but then agreeing with you that it's in his best interests to go the Gilroy route.

To clarify my own position, I don't think anyone should be guaranteed roster spots and I think that players that see a challenge and look for a lesser challenge, because it may pay immediate dividends, shortsighted and of questionable character. I also don't see Rome, Tanev & Gragnani as players that are light years ahead in terms of talent and capability. In fact from what I understand about the general scouting community's consensus is that Schultz is at least on par with those three already.

The worst case scenario if Schultz decided to sign here is one year in the AHL and then a full season in the NHL the following year (Alberts, Tanev both up for contract renewal that year). At that point he'd be given every powerplay opportunity one could imagine feeding & receiving Sedin passes. After that season he's up for a new contract and a big year that year means a substantial raise.

#277 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:06 PM

There should be no doubt that Schultz is more likely to reach his potential on a better team.

#278 BraveHart

BraveHart

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,107 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

#279 racerjoe

racerjoe

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,180 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 11:52 AM

I think flat out it is in his best interest to go to the team that is going to best help him develop. I am not going to make a sugestion as to what team that is, but trying to go to a team where you are going to be a top 4 now, could be disastourous.

Did people think Gardiner would be a top 4 dman this season? If you are good enough, you will get your shot.

Like miller also said, if he has a father that likes to be the center of attention, I too want no part of him.

#280 The Mighty Momesso

The Mighty Momesso

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:51 PM

Thanks for post Bieksa. If the Canucks signed him and he had a good training camp it would be tough to keep him out of the lineup. Although at 185lbs he needs to bulk up, in saying that if he has a great offensive upside I am sure that becomes irrelevant...
If he hasn't signed with the Ducks by now he won't sign....

#281 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:21 PM

I did not see Gilroy play when he was in college, but watching Schultz... it looks like this guy is actually a legit player who CAN crack the lineup of an NHL team. Just sayin'

Do I think he will play good 10 minutes a game playing the third pair on the Canucks? Absolutely. He just needs to be better than Rome or Alberts, and he'll make the roster. If he can't even do that, then I don't understand what this fuss is about.

#282 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 05:22 AM

I did not see Gilroy play when he was in college, but watching Schultz... it looks like this guy is actually a legit player who CAN crack the lineup of an NHL team. Just sayin'

Do I think he will play good 10 minutes a game playing the third pair on the Canucks? Absolutely. He just needs to be better than Rome or Alberts, and he'll make the roster. If he can't even do that, then I don't understand what this fuss is about.

Why would he want that and why would we want that? He's better served playing for a better organization, sure, but he's much better served getting top minutes in the AHL than 10 minutes a game on our third pairing.

#283 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:45 AM

This:

The Blue Jackets, who will demand a hefty return for their captain, could ask for backup goalie Tuukka Rask to improve their appalling numbers in between the pipes, but CSNNE.com reports that Jackets GM Scott Howson might be interested in either Milan Lucic or Tyler Seguin and Dougie Hamilton.

While Seguin is believed to be an untouchable, along with Patrice Bergeron, Lucic could find himself on the trade block after his struggling season.
http://www.thefourth.../bos120524.html

I knew I read it somewhere.

Edit: There's this, too:

Milan Lucic (LW)

One of the Bruins' young core players, Lucic has become known for his punishing physical play and willingness to get dirty, but he's also produced some solid scoring along the way.

It seems crazy to think that the Bruins might look at trading the promising winger, but talk of his "disappearance" in the playoffs and some concerns about his increasing PIMs brought out a fair amount of grumbling in Beantown, and that could mean there's an opening.

Signed at a $4 Million cap hit through the end of next season, Lucic will be an RFA going into 2013-2014, and does not possess a no trade or no movement clause. Bringing him into Columbus might offer him the chance to prove himself to the fanbase here, earn a new contract, and show that he can succeed as his own man, and not just as part of Claude Julien's system.

Oh, and did I mention that he's put up 25+ goals and 60+ points the last two years? It wouldn't totally replace Nash in the lineup, but it would certainly go a long way towards adding a similar player in the team's arsenal. (Oh, and imagine the idea of putting him on a line now and then with Derek Dorsett when the Blues try to goon it up? I get chills, I tell you...)

Blue Jackets Suspected Interest: HIGH

Bruins Willingness To Trade: MODERATE-HIGH?

http://www.jacketsca...ess-in-beantown

And this:

Milan Lucic:
Contract: $4,083,333 for 2012-2013
Reasons On Trading Block: Milan Lucic may be the most overrated Bruin since the B's signed Marty Lapointe to that huge contract back in the early 2000s. Now, before you all get your wood ready to burn me on, hear me out. Every season, Milan Lucic does something to remind the Bruins faithful why he's so awesome. He'll run a goalie. He'll put someone through the glass. He'll beat the crap out of someone. He sells jerseys and "Lucic Fight Club" t-shirts. He's a God send to the Boston Bruins because of his play on the ice during the regular season and his marketability.

But he's a ghost in the playoffs.

Regular Season:
2009-2010: 50GP, 9G, 11A, 20P
2010-2011: 79GP, 30G, 32A, 62P
2011-2012: 81GP, 26G, 35A, 61P

Playoffs:
2009-2010: 13GP, 5G, 4A, 9P
2010-2011: 25GP, 5G, 7A, 12P
2011-2012: 7GP, 0G, 3A, 3P

Those are terrible offensive numbers from someone who is one of your top three scorers on the team. If it happens in 1 year, you can consider it a slump. 2 years? Possibly bad luck. 3 years? It's a trend. Milan Lucic is not good in the playoffs. Fact, not opinion. I'll concede that he played with a broken toe during their Stanley Cup run, but what's the excuse this past post season?

A player like Lucic would probably have the highest value among the 3 players I listed here. He's a big, physical guy with the tools to score in the 25-30 goal range. The biggest question a team would have to grapple with is will he show up in the playoffs? He's not a 1st line winger and 24 points in 3 years as a 1st line wing is very disheartening.

http://www.daysofyor...n-plays-gm.html

And the link from jacketscannon:

Boston Bruins report cards: No 17. Milan Lucic

Posted on: May 7th, 2012 by Anthony

Posted Image
(Photo: S. Babineau) Bruins forward No. 17 Milan Lucic

Throughout the offseason, Bruins Daily will be posting daily report cards on each individual of the 2011-12, Boston Bruins.
In order of jersey number, each player will be highlighted. In today’s edition, we have number 17, Bruins forward Milan Lucic.
Name: Milan Lucic
Position: Forward
Shoots: Left
Height: 6’4″
Weight: 228 lbs.
Contract: Restricted Free Agent after 2012-13 season

2011-12 NHL Season stats:
Regular season: 81 GP, 26-35-61, plus-7, 135 PIM, 149 SOG
Playoffs: 7 GP, 0-0-3, plus-2, 8 PIM, 12 SOG

Anthony’s Analysis:
Milan Lucic followed up a career year with an inconsistent campaign, but yet still managed to score 26 goals. Lucic’s scoring certainly suffered once Lucic lost line-mate Nathan Horton to a concussion, but as the Bruins top left winger you should still be able to put the puck in the net. My biggest gripe with No. 17 was his play in the Bruins playoff series against the Washington Capitals. Lucic was a complete no-show at a time when his team needed him the most. With Lucic playing for his next contract next season I’d expect Lucic to be much better.
Anthony’s Grade: C+
Tim’s Take:
In 2011-12, Milan Lucic followed up his career high 62 point campaign (30 goals, 32 assists) from the previous year with 61 points (26-35) while notching seven power play goals, a career high. However, those numbers aren’t a true indication of Lucic’s season and in a worse way. While at times he was up to the Lucic of old — getting physically engaged in the battle as seen after running Sabres goalie Ryan Miller in the team’s first meeting of the year back in November — there were other times where he disappeared and that was certainly noticed in the postseason where he tallied just three assists against the Caps. With one year left on his current contract, 2012-13 could potentially be a make or break year before the Vancouver native becomes an RFA.
Grade: C+
Chris’ Turn:

He may have been fourth on the team in total points during the regular season with 61 points (26 G, 35 A), but Milan Lucic continues to struggle in the playoffs for the Boston Bruins. Lucic did not score in the 2012 Stanley Cup Playoffs while only adding three assists. Not only was his offense not there, but his physicality took a dip and the Bruins lacked the toughness that made them so tough to beat in the regular season. Do not get it wrong people, Milan Lucic had a phenomenal regular season again for the black and gold, but when the team needed him most he just looked slow to the puck, he turned the puck over and could not bury a scoring chance. He is still only 23 years of age and still progressing as a hockey player, but the Bruins need “Looch” to contribute for a full season not just the regular season, playoffs too.

Final Grade: C

http://bruinsdaily.c...17-milan-lucic/

Edited by Millerdraft, 07 June 2012 - 10:08 AM.

#284 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:47 AM

Schultz plays the right side. Rome and Alberts the left. What interests everyone is his upside and how quickly he might move up to a top 4 pairing. Salo is done as a top 4. IMHO playing d-men 25 minutes a game is a sign of desperation which the Canucks are good at. If their d-core was so deep then why would that be necessary. Look at the game sheet for the last LA/NJD game.

If Schultz is signed it cannot be the end of MG's work on the backend. A top four, right side dman, with size, capable of complimenting Edler is still necessary. Garrison and Allen come to mind.

#285 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 12:42 PM

"3 - if he makes this team, he will rack up the points"

What guarantee is there of that?

#286 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 04:39 PM

Bobby Mac doing a little Q & A via twitter today:

Q:
@MacNasty2point1

@TSNBobMcKenzie who do you think the canucks will go after in free agency? If anyone.

A:
Bob McKenzie@TSNBobMcKenzie

@MacNasty2point1 They will make a strong play for Justin Schultz.

Note the "they will" vs. "IMO they will".

Glad to hear, hopefully they use potentially caddying Sedins as a 'draw' :)

EDIT:

And when asked where he thought Schultz would end up:

@josh_macleod No real insight but I wouldn't be surprised if it's a Canadian team.

Edited by RunningWild, 07 June 2012 - 04:43 PM.

#287 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:07 PM

Note the "they will" vs. "IMO they will".

Good grief, talk about reading too much into things.

#288 Kerrsil

Kerrsil

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 09:51 PM

you know, with the rumors of Luongo potentially going to TO for Gardiner, maybe hinges on the Schulz factor? dunno... could you imagine though?
"For sure, I agree with that," Hamhuis said of the impact of the Sedins on the Canucks' culture. "The way we handle difficult situations, losing, is very reflective of how they handle it. You never see them get too upset or too down; they're very confident people and that is transferred over to the whole team. When we win a big game, there's not a lot of excitement in the dressing room; it's just what we do. It's what we expect."

Posted Image

#289 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:10 PM

you know, with the rumors of Luongo potentially going to TO for Gardiner, maybe hinges on the Schulz factor? dunno... could you imagine though?

There's no way the Burke gives up Gardiner for Luongo.

#290 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 10:48 PM

There's no way the Burke gives up Gardiner for Luongo.

There's no way Gillis will give up an all star goalie for Gardiner.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#291 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,764 posts

Posted 07 June 2012 - 11:18 PM

Good grief, talk about reading too much into things.

Then correct me if I'm wrong - that was the tweet. In his other bagillion tweets he'd say "IMO", or "I think", or "just a guess". None of those prefaces were in that particular tweet - I was just pointing that out.

#292 Buttock

Buttock

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Too bad it doesn't really tell us much because we already knew, or should have known, or been 99% sure, that the Canucks would make a strong play for Justin Schultz, considering he is from BC, and all 30 teams are reportedly interested in his services.

#293 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 01:24 AM

There's no way Gillis will give up an all star goalie for Gardiner.

There are not many teams that are eager to take on Luongo's baggage. Any team that might take on Luongo will want the Canucks to take something bad back. Then that team might throw in a decent prospect or pick.

You'll counter with then Gillis will just keep Luongo. That is far from the Canuck's best interest. Luongo has already been shown that he is not a goalie that Vingeault will go to. Even if the Canuck's trade Schnieder, Luongo will want a fresh start. Keeping Luongo will create a huge problem around the team and make things a lot worse than trading Luongo and either getting a bad contract or nothing back.

Gillis has two options. He can trade Luongo for whatever he can get which won't be that much or he can demote Luongo to the minors. A team might pick him up off waivers then.

#294 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,320 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 02:02 AM

There are not many teams that are eager to take on Luongo's baggage. Any team that might take on Luongo will want the Canucks to take something bad back. Then that team might throw in a decent prospect or pick.

You'll counter with then Gillis will just keep Luongo. That is far from the Canuck's best interest. Luongo has already been shown that he is not a goalie that Vingeault will go to. Even if the Canuck's trade Schnieder, Luongo will want a fresh start. Keeping Luongo will create a huge problem around the team and make things a lot worse than trading Luongo and either getting a bad contract or nothing back.

Gillis has two options. He can trade Luongo for whatever he can get which won't be that much or he can demote Luongo to the minors. A team might pick him up off waivers then.

That's why Florida wants him too.

Personally.

Gardiner, 5th to Edm for 1st

Luongo Higgins Schroeder for 1st overall

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#295 samurai

samurai

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,342 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 03:51 AM

You have No idea what you are talking about - how old are you?

#296 sampy

sampy

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,076 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:03 AM

You have absolutely no clue. The Leafs haven't had a goalie in over 10 years and it's no coincidence they haven't made the payoffs in the same timespan. You're dilusional if you don't think they are begging MG for a shot at Lu.

#297 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,581 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 07:44 AM

I gaurantee you, if we trade Luongo, and if it does happen, you will be saying

"i can't believe we got that much."

Also Gillis is content with going into the season with both goalies if nothing works out. We don't have to settle for nothing just for the sake of it. Other GM's know that, and they respect gillis not to make such a stupid offer like Franson and a 2nd.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#298 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,323 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 08:02 AM

From Lou's perspective I suspect that he wants to move on. Even if Schneider was traded he would still be faced with the questions about his 'perceived' playoff meltdowns. If Schneider was traded and went on to a great career then Lou would feel the fallout for that as well.

As above I expect a great return for Lou. Hopefully a deal that put's Van over the top.

#299 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,916 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

I hope you're not too stuck on that "future GM" thing....

I see a lot of posts like yours and frankly, it amazes me. What makes you guys think that all of these supposed trading partners are dealing from a position of strength? They are not doing us a favor by taking Louie off our hands and giving us back their unwanted junk.

These are teams that lack consistent goaltending. Whether the Lou haters admit it or not, Louie is the best player available at that position. Toronto, Tampa and Florida all become better teams the minute they deal for Luongo.

Simply put, Gillis is holding the cards. If he doesn't get an offer that makes the Canucks a better team, he'll hold on to both goaltenders.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#300 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 08 June 2012 - 10:53 AM

That's why Florida wants him too.

Personally.

Gardiner, 5th to Edm for 1st

Luongo Higgins Schroeder for 1st overall

NHL scraps don't get 1st overall picks. If you wanted the 1st overall pick from Toronto it would start with Kesler and with extras.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.