There are goalies that Burke could get for cheap. Thomas, Harding, Khabibulin.
The funny thing is that a lot of people expect Burke to pay the moon for Luongo. If he's paying that much, why not just give Schnieder an insane offer sheet. If it's under 7.9 million, it would only cost Burke two 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd. Gardiner alone is probably worth two low 1st rounders.
Yeah ONLY two 1sts, a 2nd, and a 3rd.... ask them how well that worked out for them last time they traded away 2 first round picks. Oh and lets not forget that in your little scenario THEY HAVE TO PAY CORY SCHNEIDER 7.9 MILLION DOLLARS.
- It is far harder to get a #1 centre than a #1 goalie.
- Thomas might take a year off or he might be using that as leverage. Thomas has stated his intention of playing in the 2014 Olympics. Who's the GM of USA hockey team.
1. That is a ridiculous statement. Out of 30 teams in the league, probably more than half of them are looking to upgrade their goaltending. On the other hand, you have teams like Pittsburgh with Crosby, Malkin and Staal, Vancouver with Sedin and Kesler, LA with Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Detroit with Datsyuk, Filppula, Hudler, Franzen.... The point is pretty much every team has a number one center, some teams with 2 capable number 1's.
2. Who the hell cares what Thomas has stated?? Im sure when he's in his 40's, after taking a year off hockey he will be able to compete with Jonathan Quick, Cory Schneider, Ryan Miller, and Jimmy Howard to make the olympic team
Man, you're living in Canucks fantasy land.
1. Luongo has a full NTC. He can submit a list of 10 teams, 5 teams, 1 team or no teams. If he really wanted to, ho could tell Gillis to shove it and Gillis couldn't do $h!t about it. If Gillis has a trade proposal to go to NYI with the Canucks getting the 4th overall pick, Tavares and Hamonic, Luongo can just say "no thanks" and that trade does not happen. Luongo says where he goes, not Gillis. The only thing Gillis can do is put him on waivers or trade Schnieder; that's the power that Gillis has over Luongo.
3. Give me a break. If you think that Luongo doesn't want to get traded your on hallucinations.
1. Gillis has a lot more say in this than you are implying. If Luongo rejects a trade Gillis can say "alright looks like your sitting on the bench for 65 - 70 games this season" or... "Im sorry, but we're sending you to the minors for the rest of your career" You're telling me that Luongo accepts those circumstances instead of accepting a trade to a team, ANY TEAM, that has specifically stated they want him, and want him as their starter????
2. Last time I checked, you can have hallucinations, you can't be on hallucinations
Judging by your "hockey knowledge", amount of posts you have, and choice of grammar, I assume you are about 16 ??? Not sure why everyone is even wasting time trying to argue with you.