The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

Since the Ducks have exclusive rights to talk to him for 30 days it might be worth a 3rd pic to gain that same leverage for MG to to the same. He sounds like the real deal. Signing him gives MG a lot more options during the off-season.

Interesting 'speculation' re: Schultz, Toronto and tampering from Michael Russo: http://www.buckys5thquarter.com/2012/5/26/3045122/schultz-watch-update-ducks-preparing-tampering-charges

"Lot of people asking me about Justin Schultz. What happened today (withdrawing from school) is a formality. Schultz has been playing hardball from Anaheim since they thought they were signing him at the end of the year. Really at the end of the regular season they thought they were putting him in the lineup. Schultz is a Wisconsin defenseman."

"I think somebody has gotten to Schultz, and told him ‘come here, come here.' And I think that we'll know who that team is, come July 1 wherever he signs. And that's why I don't think the Wild have a chance with him. Of course the Wild would be interested in someone like him."

"But he has his mind set on going to one specific team right now. And whatever that team is, I guarantee you the Anaheim Ducks will go after them with a tampering charge, because the Anaheim Ducks have been building that case for the last couple of months. They have all sorts of e-mails from him basically saying, ‘I'm coming there, I'm coming there,' and suddenly, for some reason, he's not coming there."-Michael Russo on KFAN 5/15/12

what does that have to do with anything? According to a fan who claims he grew up with Schultz he said, Schultz's dream was to play for the Vancouver Canucks. And even in his draft day profile, he listed Vancouver Canucks as favorite hockey team.

He won't sign with a team because he cheered for it as a kid. There are millions of dollars at stake in this situation

Shultz will sign with a team that offers him the most money and a chance to play a significant role on the team. Canucks are a deep team, they will be able to match the money but Shultz knows he will have a hard time cracking the lineup here let alone the top 4.

I see Shultz signing with a team like the Oilers where he'll get a top 4 role and time on the PP.

what does that have to do with anything? According to a fan who claims he grew up with Schultz he said, Schultz's dream was to play for the Vancouver Canucks. And even in his draft day profile, he listed Vancouver Canucks as favorite hockey team.

He won't sign with a team because he cheered for it as a kid. There are millions of dollars at stake in this situation

Shultz will sign with a team that offers him the most money and a chance to play a significant role on the team. Canucks are a deep team, they will be able to match the money but Shultz knows he will have a hard time cracking the lineup here let alone the top 4.

I see Shultz signing with a team like the Oilers where he'll get a top 4 role and time on the PP.

That article states that Edmonton is close to kelowna. Really? 13 hours is close like Vancouver? That is like saying Australia is close to USA like canada is. The person that wrote the article is an idiot.

The playing at home thing seems very blown out of proportion to me. If he was so keen on staying home why didn't he play in the W? Kelowna to Madison is not exactly the easiest round trip. He will do what he did when he decided to go to Wisconsin, pick the location that he feels is best suited to his career.

MIke Gillis and A.V will give him every oppurtunity to shine, just like we did with Chris Tanev. Gillis knows, right now we are missing that offensive defencemen when we let Ehrhoff go, and he will have the same oppurtunity Edmonton or any other team will give him.

MIke Gillis and A.V will give him every oppurtunity to shine, just like we did with Chris Tanev. Gillis knows, right now we are missing that offensive defencemen when we let Ehrhoff go, and he will have the same oppurtunity Edmonton or any other team will give him.

Archived