The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

I did not see Gilroy play when he was in college, but watching Schultz... it looks like this guy is actually a legit player who CAN crack the lineup of an NHL team. Just sayin'

Do I think he will play good 10 minutes a game playing the third pair on the Canucks? Absolutely. He just needs to be better than Rome or Alberts, and he'll make the roster. If he can't even do that, then I don't understand what this fuss is about.

I did not see Gilroy play when he was in college, but watching Schultz... it looks like this guy is actually a legit player who CAN crack the lineup of an NHL team. Just sayin'

Do I think he will play good 10 minutes a game playing the third pair on the Canucks? Absolutely. He just needs to be better than Rome or Alberts, and he'll make the roster. If he can't even do that, then I don't understand what this fuss is about.

Too bad it doesn't really tell us much because we already knew, or should have known, or been 99% sure, that the Canucks would make a strong play for Justin Schultz, considering he is from BC, and all 30 teams are reportedly interested in his services.

There are not many teams that are eager to take on Luongo's baggage. Any team that might take on Luongo will want the Canucks to take something bad back. Then that team might throw in a decent prospect or pick.

You'll counter with then Gillis will just keep Luongo. That is far from the Canuck's best interest. Luongo has already been shown that he is not a goalie that Vingeault will go to. Even if the Canuck's trade Schnieder, Luongo will want a fresh start. Keeping Luongo will create a huge problem around the team and make things a lot worse than trading Luongo and either getting a bad contract or nothing back.

Gillis has two options. He can trade Luongo for whatever he can get which won't be that much or he can demote Luongo to the minors. A team might pick him up off waivers then.

There are not many teams that are eager to take on Luongo's baggage. Any team that might take on Luongo will want the Canucks to take something bad back. Then that team might throw in a decent prospect or pick.

You'll counter with then Gillis will just keep Luongo. That is far from the Canuck's best interest. Luongo has already been shown that he is not a goalie that Vingeault will go to. Even if the Canuck's trade Schnieder, Luongo will want a fresh start. Keeping Luongo will create a huge problem around the team and make things a lot worse than trading Luongo and either getting a bad contract or nothing back.

Gillis has two options. He can trade Luongo for whatever he can get which won't be that much or he can demote Luongo to the minors. A team might pick him up off waivers then.

From Lou's perspective I suspect that he wants to move on. Even if Schneider was traded he would still be faced with the questions about his 'perceived' playoff meltdowns. If Schneider was traded and went on to a great career then Lou would feel the fallout for that as well.

As above I expect a great return for Lou. Hopefully a deal that put's Van over the top.

Archived