Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1889 replies to this topic

#1201 HavocSpree

HavocSpree

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

I could see him getting the spot beside Edler.

Dump Ballard if we sign Garrison

:bigblush:

Edited by HavocSpree, 28 June 2012 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

credit to marinated.pea for the sick sig

#1202 Xbox

Xbox

Formerly Lups

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,848 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:58 PM

Haha T.O.'s not a frontrunner. Makes me happy.

Actually they are.

Shultz's best friend and defence partner back in the day was Jake Gardiner

Gardiner-Shultz

2yo50sh.jpg

small.pngGM - STHS                                  Sig Cred to -Vintage Canuck-

#1203 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,618 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

What's the point of this thread? All this info has been discussed for a week in the other 2 Schultz threads which are 20+ pages long each.

#1204 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,485 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:59 PM

If he's a Canucks fan like everyone says he is, then we've got this in the bag B)

No real Canucks fan would sign with Edmonton and Calgary when his favourite team is very intrested in signing him.

Hamhuis - Bieksa
Edler - Schultz
Salo - Tanev

#1205 bleednucksblue

bleednucksblue

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,561 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

Any reason thus couldn't go into the other multiple other threads about Schultz?!?!

Mods-PLEASE combine all these threads about the next Bobby Orr errrrrrrrrrrrrr Justin Schultz!!
You will always be on our mind and in our heart. RIP Luc!

John Garrett after a brutal pass by Olli Jokinen:

"Jokinen makes a pass 8 feet behind anybody, to no-one. That's Calgary's first line, unfortunately for them."

#1206 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

Actually they are.

Gardiner-Shultz

Same can be said for Canucks' Prospect Joseph LaBate, both were teammates in Wisc. If you add on all the crap about him wanting to play in western canada, his parents being season canuck ticket holders, EVERY sign points to the canucks being the frontrunners with edmonton behind.

Let me tell you this, if Calgary isn't close enough to home for him then I don't see how EDM will be.

Posted Image

#1207 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,536 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Any reason thus couldn't go into the other multiple other threads about Schultz?!?!

Mods-PLEASE combine all these threads about the next Bobby Orr errrrrrrrrrrrrr Justin Schultz!!

HE IS THE NEXT LIDSTROM, GET WITH THE PROGRAM!

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#1208 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

Actually they are.

Gardiner-Shultz

Sounds like it's down to Edmonton and Vancouver to me.

You think he's going to base his decision on where his ex-teammates are playing? I think it's more likely he makes his decision based on what's best for his career. You can always hang out with your friends in the summer.

Edmonton offers him ice-time and a young core where he's their top guy. Vancouver offers him his home town team, a chance to develop properly, and a chance to win and put up big points, therefore increasing his value.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1209 MikeyBoy44

MikeyBoy44

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,360 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:08 PM

As evidenced by his parents being Canucks' season ticket holders and Justin Schultz, himself, growing up a Canucks fan? They could've easily been Flames fans if this particular point of yours is true in the Schultz's case.

It is true. I am from the okanagan/ Shuswap area and it is fairly divided between Canucks and Flames fans. It is virtually the halfway point between Calgary and Vancouver.
Posted Image

#1210 Magikal

Magikal

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,769 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Calgary :emot-parrot:

Shut up Gary, no one wants to play in Alberta. :emot-parrot:
Posted Image
Credit to Lahey.

October1st,2013. #HistoryWillBeMade

#1211 Hafizzle

Hafizzle

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,700 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

OP, Calgary isn't on the list. It's Van, Toronto, Ott, Edmonton and NYR

#1212 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,252 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:12 PM

http://www.montrealg...4141/story.html
We are now officially part of his plan, it's not just speculation anymore.

There's nothing in there that says Schultz's camp has outright listed teams. It's the same info we've had for days now, and the article is even from the Province as written by Botchford. I'm sure that's been posted already.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1213 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 22,252 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

Actually they are.

Gardiner-Shultz

That would be a soft D-pairing for anything other than PP time. Both are about 6'2" but mainly puck movers/offensive players and neither hit a lot. Gardiner had around 50 hits last year, compare that to Edler (who Schultz could well pair with) who had around 150.

He likely won't get to play with him specifically so that lessens the draw somewhat.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#1214 mangosteens

mangosteens

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

This might be a bit naive, but if you were a top prospect coming in to the draft... would you want to play for a team that missed the playoffs 6 years running, or a team that has been first place in the league the last two years and has a core of experienced veterans?
If Hall or RNH were free agents today, do you honestly think they would sign with Edmonton?

#1215 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,313 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

It is true. I am from the okanagan/ Shuswap area and it is fairly divided between Canucks and Flames fans. It is virtually the halfway point between Calgary and Vancouver.

No it's not, not even close

#1216 hiebskey

hiebskey

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

Edmonton almost seemed cocky confident that they were going to convince him they were the team for him. Atleast it seemed that way from the interview I watched the other day...it made me hope he chooses us over them that much more!!
saskatchewan's biggest Canuck fan :)

#1217 sedintwinz

sedintwinz

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:29 PM

I'd rather know less about the guy and be pleasantly surprised, than watch him be hyped up in this thin free-agent offseason and be disappointed by a less than spectacular season. I know people are denying the Brunnstrom comparisons, but in terms of the madness of crowds... it's not far off.

#1218 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

Well with hearing how pissed the Ducks are and their players and Getz saying many players on different teams are pissed at Schultz for this, I wouldn't be signing in Edmonton with zero protection. I bet his first game against the Ducks is going to be hell for this kid, they'll target him for sure.

#1219 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:34 PM

Sunday.

Actually Bob McKenzie was on the Team 1040 earlier and said that if he has chosen his team he can announce his choice immediately and agree to terms but cannot SIGN that contract until July 1. He thinks it is likely the earliest we hear something is Fri. pm but suggested that he may be drained after all the talks and sleep on it so could be Satueday.
Posted Image Go Canucks Go Posted Image

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#1220 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:36 PM

I was born in Armstrong, lived there for the first 9 years of my life, moved away for 7 years, returned, graduated from P.V.S.S., lived in Vernon/Kelowna for two more years after that and:

No it's not, not even close

Especially in the Schultz family.

Edited by Millerdraft, 28 June 2012 - 02:38 PM.

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1221 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:37 PM

@JasonGregor
Justin Schultz's parents are #Canucks season ticket holders...That could sway his decision.

Ya if he was my kid and I was a Canucks season ticketholder I would be trying to get him to sign with the Nucks

I should change my name now that Sakic has retired but I'm too lazy ..... he was the only reason for the avs part .... goodbye and good luck Burnaby Joe !

#1222 Hedman

Hedman

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,010 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

Calgary :emot-parrot:

Calm down dude, they wasn't even on the list ::D

#1223 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:42 PM

Interesting point brought up on the radio ... Salo has not yet be signed, he is one of 2 right handed offensive D men on the Canucks,Schultz is a right handed offensive D man, are they waiting to see if they get Schultz before deciding whether they want to bring Salo back ?

#1224 Steve Carell

Steve Carell

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,672 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:44 PM

So is this the new Justin Schultz thread for the time being? lol

#1225 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:46 PM

Interesting point brought up on the radio ... Salo has not yet be signed, he is one of 2 right handed offensive D men on the Canucks,Schultz is a right handed offensive D man, are they waiting to see if they get Schultz before deciding whether they want to bring Salo back ?

I think Salo is pretty loyal to the Canucks. He's probably willing to let Mike do his thing on July 1st, and then once the cap is all sorted out he can offer Salo a contract.

I don't think you can get a depth defenceman better than Salo for 2 million. If he wants to play another season with us, he will.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#1226 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,204 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:50 PM

I think Salo is pretty loyal to the Canucks. He's probably willing to let Mike do his thing on July 1st, and then once the cap is all sorted out he can offer Salo a contract.

I don't think you can get a depth defenceman better than Salo for 2 million. If he wants to play another season with us, he will.

But would Salo be ok with taking a few games off just to rest him up for the playoffs?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#1227 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:53 PM

But would Salo be ok with taking a few games off just to rest him up for the playoffs?

he was fine with it this year so I don't see why he wouldn't be, I'm sure he likes having a few games rest here and there given his age.

#1228 Greene02

Greene02

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:56 PM

This might be a bit naive, but if you were a top prospect coming in to the draft... would you want to play for a team that missed the playoffs 6 years running, or a team that has been first place in the league the last two years and has a core of experienced veterans?
If Hall or RNH were free agents today, do you honestly think they would sign with Edmonton?

That changes the situation completely. Edmonton is on the list because of Hall and RNH. That's like saying "do you think Malkin or Crosby would sign with the Pens if they were free agents?"

...and honestly, I think most people outside of Vancouver would tell you that being the #1 offensive defenseman for a team with Hall, Eberle, RNH and Yakupov is probably more appeaing to a 21 year old than being a 2nd pairing Dman on a team with Henrik, Daniel, Kesler and Burrows. A lot of people also aren't focusing on the fact that the Oilers have missed the playoffs 6 straight seasons. They're viewed as a team on the rise and a team that should be dangerous in the not so distant future. And maybe Schultz thinks he can speed up the process a little.

#1229 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,633 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:59 PM

Actually they are.

Gardiner-Shultz

Well, as most say; Family before friends
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#1230 nucksnavsfan

nucksnavsfan

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,086 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

July 1st....... come quicker.

Actually Schultz can announce his choice and agree to terms on a contract before July 1 , he just can't SIGn the contract until then , as per Bob MCKenzie

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.