The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

Watched him play last night. It was from his first season with the Badgers so I'm sure he's developed alot more since then.

But I did notice some positive things right away though. First thing I noticed was his skating. The guy is such a fluid skater, makes it look effortless. Reminds me alt of Hamhuis in that sense.

Secondly, he's not physical at all, but he makes up for it with good positioning and stick work. He looked just as good as Gardiner from what I saw. Almost as good as McDonaugh too.

Biggest wow factor for me though was when he was quarterbacking the powerplay. He just looks at home on the point. So much patience, great ability to distribute the puck, and awesome lateral movement walking the line. I didn't really see him get to wind up and shoot because the other team kept taking away his shot. You could tell they knew what he was capable of.

And if that was just his first season, I'm sure he's only gotten better. He definitely looks like he could be an elite puck mover.

However, Schultz wouldn't decide whether Salo is coming back or not. That decision is from Gillis and co. It's not his fault if he's offered a contract from his hometown team. You're faulting the kid for a decision that's not his own. He's not saying "Salo or me". If he signs here, it's because he wants to play here, not to push Salo out.

Archived