The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

If you take a look at most of his goals someone is always in front screening the goalie. My question is who will do that in Vancouver, Ryan Kesler is going to be injured so he can't until later in the season.

Unless we sign a big body who always stands in front of the goalie like Holmstrom, I wouldn't expect this guy to "tear" it up. He is fast and can make some nice passes, but will he be able to withstand the physical play in the NHL?

All things to think about, also is he a right side or left side Defencemen?

If you take a look at most of his goals someone is always in front screening the goalie. My question is who will do that in Vancouver, Ryan Kesler is going to be injured so he can't until later in the season.

Unless we sign a big body who always stands in front of the goalie like Holmstrom, I wouldn't expect this guy to "tear" it up. He is fast and can make some nice passes, but will he be able to withstand the physical play in the NHL?

All things to think about, also is he a right side or left side Defencemen?

I did not say sign Holmstrom, I said we need to look for a player LIKE Holmstrom who is a big body and stands in front of the net to screen the goalie.

Although now that I think about it, signing Holmstrom would not be a bad idea.

They say he's going to be great.

Does an unproven undersized rookie dman help us win the cup this year or even next?

Mitchell and Greene possibly are less talented yet they kept the leagues biggest and best away from the crease.

Just sayin.

They say he's going to be great.

Does an unproven undersized rookie dman help us win the cup this year or even next?

Mitchell and Greene possibly are less talented yet they kept the leagues biggest and best away from the crease.

Just sayin.

Archived