Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Speculation] Possibility Of Justin Schultz Signing With Vancouver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1889 replies to this topic

#1861 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

lol i was just thinking this would be hilarious if it happend

HIs dad was following McKenzie and when he heard the Nucks wer out, he called him up and reemed him out!! :lol:

#1862 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:46 PM

Still no confirmation from what I'd call a legit source, but I'll accept Bob's tweet that Schultz ain't on his way here and just be glad we didn't sign him if a guaranteed roster spot and playing time was the straw that broke the camel's back. Said before that he should earn his spot on the Nucks and if we wasn't willing to go that route, good riddance and good luck.
Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#1863 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:47 PM

I'm just saying its odd Lowe, MacT and Taylor Hall went to meet Schultz but they hid the GM from him. Shouldn't the GM be the one doing the wooing?

Would you want Tambellini representing your team?!!! The guy has managed to ice the worst team in the NHL for years in a row despite the young top prospects he has been given. Best to keep him out of sight as long as possible/

Edited by DIBdaQUIB, 30 June 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#1864 stuckinontario

stuckinontario

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,270 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:48 PM

Aaand there it is, right after I finish that last post...
Posted Image
Canucks brass, send scouts out to Ptbo!

#1865 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:50 PM

omg what a weird kid....for example who chooses a toronto fc over a manchester united just for more playing time...unbelievable

#1866 rampage

rampage

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,112 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:52 PM

well his parents are gonna have to hear him get boo'd 3 times a year now instead of being cheered for in 41

#1867 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 12:53 PM

it's done he is going to oilers

#1868 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:01 PM

what a chump .. i hope he is a bust now

jk

not really
Posted Image

#1869 2011

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

I cant help but feel like Gretzky screwed Vancouver over one more time. Seriously why the Van hate Wayne???

#1870 Line Juggler

Line Juggler

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:18 PM

Lowe could promise him the world - minus making the playoffs next year - and making the playoffs is about all Gillis could promise him.

Edited by Line Juggler, 30 June 2012 - 01:18 PM.

Posted Image

#1871 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

omg what a weird kid....for example who chooses a toronto fc over a manchester united just for more playing time...unbelievable

Lol not exactly a fair comparison. the "toronto FC" team also has a bunch of talented players his age that can form a core instead of veterans.

And if you don't think playing time is a major factor in choosing where to play, you haven't played sports at a high level before. This isn't 4th grade soccer where everyone plays, if he didn't fit well here, he could be a bottom pairing guy and stapled to the bench by AV. In Edmonton he'll be a top 4 guy for sure on a budding Oilers team. While I wouldn't have been surprised if he turned down the Oilers for Vancouver, its also quite logical why he picked Edmonton

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#1872 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

seriously the next two years the only thing Edmonton is in contention for is a top 10 pick in the draft..
Maybe this kid will realize how far behind Edmonton is in their rebuild and find somewhere else to play after the two years..

#1873 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,049 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:39 PM

oilers are 2 solid dmen and a goalie away from being a team to beat..

#1874 KSniper88

KSniper88

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 800 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Lol not exactly a fair comparison. the "toronto FC" team also has a bunch of talented players his age that can form a core instead of veterans.

And if you don't think playing time is a major factor in choosing where to play, you haven't played sports at a high level before. This isn't 4th grade soccer where everyone plays, if he didn't fit well here, he could be a bottom pairing guy and stapled to the bench by AV. In Edmonton he'll be a top 4 guy for sure on a budding Oilers team. While I wouldn't have been surprised if he turned down the Oilers for Vancouver, its also quite logical why he picked Edmonton

Then good he isn't the gamebreaking player that everyone expects him to be because surely those players will earn a top 4 role on the canucks anyways. But wait wasn't he supposed to be the next doughty? Do you think AV would bench a doughty? You really think a messi would be scared to not get playing time and join the whitecaps instead. Sure.

#1875 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

OH MAN, was really hoping for this. But still, with Salo "90% re-signed", we will be okay at least next year without him.

His game-breaking shot would have been epic to have for the PP though.

90% chance he signs with the oilers tomorrow. Still, would have been funny if he turns his back on them and signs with us instead.

If the Oilers dont make the playoffs within 2 years, it will be a very interesting case study in mis-management. 5 number one picks and essentially here's another "top draft pick" to add for free... man.

Edited by gushybear, 30 June 2012 - 02:07 PM.

July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#1876 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,878 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

Then good he isn't the gamebreaking player that everyone expects him to be because surely those players will earn a top 4 role on the canucks anyways. But wait wasn't he supposed to be the next doughty? Do you think AV would bench a doughty? You really think a messi would be scared to not get playing time and join the whitecaps instead. Sure.

He has the potential to be a really good offensive defenseman but with the change from college to pro will go through growing pains in his first year, and we all know how AV deals wit those.

He's not the next doughty or messi.

And yes I do think it makes sense that a player with a ton of potential goes to a weaker team first for experience, happens all the time with loans in soccer

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#1877 WHL rocks

WHL rocks

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,615 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:10 PM

From him being a huge Canucks fan growing up (and still is according to his head coach at Wisconsin), to his parents holding season tickets, to McKenzie tweeting "many NHL GMs believe he's headed to Vancouver", the only way he wasn't coming here was because Gillis messed up the sales pitch.

Honestly, it was a tap in for eagle and somehow it appears as though Gillis is on the verge of a bogey. I mean, one of Gillis' biggest assets was supposed to be his ability to attract free agents.

Miller I gotta say this is one argument I wish I lost. I completely agree, Gillis had this one in the bag and somehow screwed this up.

#1878 AnInconvenienceBrah

AnInconvenienceBrah

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 486 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:13 PM

I think some people need to get over this...

#1879 goblix

goblix

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Miller I gotta say this is one argument I wish I lost. I completely agree, Gillis had this one in the bag and somehow screwed this up.

Why is this Gillis' fault? It's a matter of hey we want you here, you have a shot of making the line-up this year.
The kid had choices and he chose to go to the developmental project rather than the cup contender...

#1880 i love semin

i love semin

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 351 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 02:40 PM

He won't sign here.

The Oilers have likely guaranteed him a top 4 spot to start the season, treated him like a king, got Gretzky and Coffey to kiss his arse and tell him how great he'll be in Edmonton.

He might have wanted to play for the Canucks, and the Canucks might have given him a nice pitch, but at the end of the day the Oilers are saying "sign with us, and you'll be a top 4 d-man in the NHL next season" while the Canucks are saying "sign with us and maybe you can work your way into our starting line up"

Career always trumps sentimentality. He might be a huge Canucks fan, but he's being faced with the choice between a team that will guarantee him ice time in the NHL as soon as next season, and a team that most certainly will not make such a promise. The Oilers smelt blood, that's why they got Gretz to call. That call probably sealed the deal. Could you imagine being a 22 year old and getting that call?

Called it.

#1881 Drive-By Body Pierce

Drive-By Body Pierce

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,043 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:01 PM

I will seriously buy everyone a round of shots if this happens

Guess you're off the hook on this one. ;)

Posted Image

#1882 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,559 posts

Posted 30 June 2012 - 05:06 PM

Called it.

Not like it was a difficult call. Oilers were to first runner when you posted that.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#1883 Millerdraft

Millerdraft

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,509 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:22 PM

Did you happen to hear Doug MacLean on Sportsnet this morning?

"I was told this morning that Mike Gillis told somebody recently that 'you could bet the farm on it' that Schultz was gonna be in Vancouver, that is a bit of a loss..."

Kassian.... Taylor Pyatt 3.0

Lies. He's more of a Steve Bernier. Hopefully his talent level goes up so he can become like a Taylor Pyatt.

#1884 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 01:25 PM

Can this thread be deleted? The very sight of it makes me wanna punch someone in the face
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#1885 rising_ego

rising_ego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 04:11 PM

This BC kid sure is a big Nucks fan huh, deciding to go to a division rival and project over his hometown, cup contender and learn from great D men. It'd been better if he went to Ottawa or NYR, instead he chooses to go to that dump in Edmonton, get guaranteed ice time, and play against Van 5+ times a season. Shows what these type of people really are when it comes to their actions over their words.

Does this kid's parents still have Nucks season tix? They should be banned from Rogers arena forever. Aquilini family shouldn't/won't put up with this slap in the face and disloyalty.

What an embarassment to BC and Vancouver. Disgraceful.

#1886 Stefanovich

Stefanovich

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:53 PM

will boo you everytime you touch the the puck, you offically suck in my books , not that he gives a s#$%!

#1887 rising_ego

rising_ego

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,895 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:11 PM

Garrison, Hamhuis... real character guys, true BC boys who love their team, city, and making us proud.

Edited by rising_ego, 01 July 2012 - 08:11 PM.

#1888 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,365 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:15 PM

Garrison, Hamhuis... real character guys, true BC boys who love their team, city, and making us proud.

Absolutely!! Paid his dues. Proved himself at the NHL level and then took a discount to be part of what the Nucks are trying to achieve. Quite a different story from Schultz.

#1889 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,744 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 08:19 PM

Schultz is going to regret this decision when he's on the Golf Course and Garrison is pounding home pp goals in the Playoffs.

#1890 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 02 July 2012 - 12:22 AM

I'd love to hear.

I was sandbagging the shushwap shore line with his uncle and 2 cousins.
The family has a seasonal spot and the same place I do.
I never even put the 2 together till he brought it up, known the family a while. Had no idea that he was their nephew.

He never realy said anything, he just said it would be cool if he went to the Oliers, and I thought it was weird that he said that.

So I have jumped to a conclusion.

But I don't have Pictures so it never happened
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.