The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nicest Canuck/hockey Player That You Have Met

MrCuttingCrewed

Wayne Gretzky - not because of who he was (there were players I Iiked more), but I met him about 20 years ago (when players didn't appear as down to earth as they are today) and he seemed naturally inclusive. I was out for dinner and he was sitting with Luc Robitaille, Bobby Carpenter and Marty McSorley. I walked by, said hello and didn't want to bother them, but he said hello and asked me who I was - he turned the conversation away from himself, asked a lot of questions about my life, was genuinely interested, and made me feel like we were friends. He left a very classy impression. They wound up asking me where the best night club in town was and they showed up there that night. It was quite an entertaining night...

Howie Meeker, in person, was a crusty guy...

My wife grew up as neighbors to Mike Babcock - her and her family feel that he is a true quality person - just as he appears...

I think Sami Salo would be a great guy to have a beer with. So many of the Canucks seem like they are genuine class acts.

Dan Hamhuis, legit.

Met Bure back in the day too, he was funny. Pulled up by Canada Place in his black luxury car and gf. Shook hands and my cousin got a photo with him.

Non-Canuck - believe it or not is Kelly Hrudey. Met him at a Canucks game in Calgary. We said hi and he was nice enough to ask us where we were from and talk hockey. Mike Milbury not so much.

I ran into the Darcy "The Mayor" Rota at Horseshoe Bay. He was walking his dogs and waiting for his wife. For those that weren't around, he was a sniper back in the '82 cup final days, but had to end his career due to injury. He was not only the nicest Canuck, but a pretty sweet guy as well. He signed my hat and was generally interested in what I was doing and where I was from. He later re-approached me after he saw that my GF had an iPhone and asked if I wanted to take a picture with him. Blew me away, as I was just a kid when they made the run to the finals in '82.

Trevor Linden. Every time I had the good fortune of chatting with him he was always gracious, friendly and warm. Hands down, my favourite.

I also really liked Pat Quinn...he was a kidder and gave me a bit of a ribbing. That was a thrill.

Bert was super cool. Ronning is very down to Earth. I haven't had any bad experiences.

EHRHOFF!!! I live in calgary and go to all the canucks games when they are here. After every game a load of canucks fan would wait in the cold out near there bus(security there of course) cheering the team as they came out of the sattledome to enter the bus and out of all the games in calgary ehrhoff was the ONLY one to come sign autographs and talk to the fans! One time they all the loaded the bus and were ready to leave when the bus door opened back up and the hoff came out to sign autographs!

Archived