The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Luongo Inconsistent Play

Patrick Jane

Luongo sucks. Schneider is the better goalie. It's hilarious how the Luongo lovers have every excuse in the book for him. Schneider hasn't played much and he's still better than Luongo. Where as if Luongo were in the same situation, Luongo would suck even more than he does now cause as you've heard Luongo lovers say he has to play a lot to be good. What a joke! Canucks scored four goals today. What the hell do they need to do for Luongo to make a bloody save! Louuuuu.......ser!

16 goals allowed in his last 4 starts in unacceptable for any great goalie! Nuff said! I don't give a frack if you Love Luongo or if you hate him! Any good goalie will know,t hat there are times were he needs to step it up and make big saves! It's how teams win games. Even Detroit at times need to rely on their goalie. Boston? They won the STanley cup because of their goalie! Luongo has 0 excuses! Yes! The Sedins are struggling, Edler struggling, our defence, somewhat Struggling, a game like Tonight was winnable adding the game against Buffalo was winnable. Were was the great goaltending, you know guys, I don't give what !@#$ what you guys think of what I say! I have high expecations for the Vancouver Canucks! The Sedins Kesler Edler, and yes! Roberto Luongo! I have huge expectations for him, why? Cause I know hes a great goalie! His last 4 starts is UNACCEPTABLE! He neds to be accountable for his performance, and ultimatley, being a star goalie, he needs to play better! If it was DAn Cloutier, I won't f ing say a thing! Feel free to call me a luongo basher. But the truth is, his position is the most important!!! What ever happened to keeping the game close????? The team takes the lead, then what? He allows the next goal? He's done that 4 straight games were he's failed to help the team keep it close! I bet you the team is probably discouraged to some extent when he allowed that "2nd" goal which puts the other team 2 goal leads!! Great goalies need to keep the game close, AND HE'S FAILED TO DO THAT, 4 STRAIGHT GAMES! His previous 3 starts, he's allowed the team to take a 3 goal lead!. lets not talk about keeping the game at 2 goal difference, A 3 GOAL LEAD??? WTF. HOW MANY TEAMS COME BACK FROM 3 GOALS!!!! WTF LUONGO, WAKE UP!

Anyone catch Valk's comments on Luongo's play after the game? I don't have the link but roughly, he said when asked who do you next next game.....

"I think you have to start Luongo. You can't afford a goalie controversy this close to the playoffs. IF LUONGO STILL SUCKS IN 10 GAMES, put Schneider in."

The underlined sentence is word for word :bigblush:

RIDE THE SCHNEID!!!!!!!!!

Anyone catch Valk's comments on Luongo's play after the game? I don't have the link but roughly, he said when asked who do you next next game.....

"I think you have to start Luongo. You can't afford a goalie controversy this close to the playoffs. IF LUONGO STILL SUCKS IN 10 GAMES, put Schneider in."

I think we have a goalie controversy on our hands either way so we might as well play the better goalie who is making more saves and try to get back on the winning track here

Does anyone realize another problem here? Lets look at his last 4 starts.

In order to have won the Buffalo game, we needed to score 4 goals. IN order to have beaten Dallas, we needed to score 5 goals. In order to have beaten Montreal, we needed 5 goals also. IN order to win tonight we needed 6 goals. This is totally unacceptable goaltending, and Luongo needs to be accountable for his actions causing his team to slip in the standings now. If he's not up for the number 1 role, he needs to Mike Gillis right away, so he doesn't hold the team back. There's an obligation for 20 other guys right now to win. He can't slow them down like this.

I can't believe how many people on CDC stand behind Luongo no matter what. I agree that he's in the top 15-20 goalies in the world but Schneider has the potential to be a top 5 goalie for the next 10 years.

When was the last time you felt uncomfortable with Schneider in net...

If I were MG I`d do whatever it takes to keep him and if Luongo keeps playing mediocre he better be on the bench come playoff time.

Jesus...

Vancouver, blame your defence. I know why you all are attacking one person, just because it is easier.

Look at the goals he let in today...one bad rebound and a flop, I say that is 2 goals. the other 3, you just cannot stop. Face it, we had swiss cheese defense today.

Look at the bright side, the offence woke up and Lui is at least admitting he needs to be better.

SUPPORT YOUR TEAM VANCOUVER!

Archived