Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 8 votes

Luongo Inconsistent Play

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
153 replies to this topic

#151 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:27 PM

Dang guys, I agree Schneider should have a few games to get Lu ready, but you guys are just some bloody fruit bandwagoners

Edited by BobHo, 15 March 2012 - 10:29 PM.

#152 BobHo

BobHo

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 10:29 PM

err...I mean bandwagoners

#153 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 March 2012 - 10:08 AM

When I coached goaltenders, one of the things that I analyzed was the equipment the goalies used and how it affected their games. One think I've noticed is how hard the leg pads of Loungo are and what big rebounds they give. At NHL level, companies custom make your equipment for you. I believe the pads Lou use do not compliment his style and should be softer, so that he can;t kick the rebounds into the slot. Even though he may really like his gear,,,it might not be the best choice for him.
Hard leg pads are good if you can angle them so the puck is directed into the corners, but that seldom happens with LOu. Mike Smith is a master at it.
Clothes make the man and the right gear in nets does also.

#154 Riggs

Riggs

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,322 posts

Posted 17 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

When I coached goaltenders, one of the things that I analyzed was the equipment the goalies used and how it affected their games. One think I've noticed is how hard the leg pads of Loungo are and what big rebounds they give. At NHL level, companies custom make your equipment for you. I believe the pads Lou use do not compliment his style and should be softer, so that he can;t kick the rebounds into the slot. Even though he may really like his gear,,,it might not be the best choice for him.
Hard leg pads are good if you can angle them so the puck is directed into the corners, but that seldom happens with LOu. Mike Smith is a master at it.
Clothes make the man and the right gear in nets does also.

It seemed like this same goalie equipment was working just fine for the past 2 months when he was the only reason the team was winning games. Now that he has a few bad games, the self-proclaimed goaltending experts come out of the woodwork to critque his game. So annoying.

Zack Kassian is the Chosen One. Bring back the Torres Turbo Diesel.
ryanwho.jpg
Yannick Weber's bazooka slapshot is a pure WMD. First unit PP, please.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.