The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider For 2 First Rounders From Tampa...then Rfa Sheet For Weber? Xd

Schneider for 2 first rounders from tampa.Then RFA sheet for Weber for 6.1

This will get us to give up 2 first rounders and a second (I believe)

If Weber says yes, to our offer (Which is a big possibility because he doesn't want to stay in Nashville).

We basically give up Schneider and a 2nd for Weber.

Sounds good?

Edit: I'm not sure but if Nashville matches the offer, is Weber forced to accept Nashville's offer over ours?

Well like I said, I am not sure about the rules for RFA. All I know is that the team that has ownership over Webers rights had the ability to match our offer. Although I am not sure if Weber is allowed to choose between the two.

And again 2 factors that make this possible are that

1. Weber is a BC boy and is probably willing to help his home team.

2. Weber wants a cup ring and with him going to the Nucks, he is almost guaranteed one.

Schneider for 2 first rounders from tampa.Then RFA sheet for Weber for 6.1

This will get us to give up 2 first rounders and a second (I believe)

If Weber says yes, to our offer (Which is a big possibility because he doesn't want to stay in Nashville).

We basically give up Schneider and a 2nd for Weber.

Sounds good?

Edit: I'm not sure but if Nashville matches the offer, is Weber forced to accept Nashville's offer over ours?

Well, someone might as well explain offer sheets to you. When you offer sheet someone, the team that holds the player's rights has first rights to match, or can refuse and take compensation. It's not up to the player apart from the decision to sign the offer sheet to begin with. If the original team does refuse to match, then you have to have all the required picks (all of which must be your own) to give as compensation for the price range of the offer sheet that was signed. The compensation ranges are as follows:

$1,034,249 annual cap hit or less: No compensation

$1,034,249 — $1,567,043: Third-round pick

$1,567,043 — $3,134,088: Second-round pick

$3,134,088 — $4,701,131: First and third-round pick

$4,701,131 — $6,268,175: First, second and third-round pick

$6,268,175 — $7,835,219: Two first-round picks, a second and third

$7,835,219 and higher: Four first-round picks

Any picks that are in separate rounds must be in the next draft, where if you have two picks in the same round, they must be one in the next draft and one in the following draft (and so on if it's for 4 1st rounders).

EDIT: Forgot to add, but if Nashville is willing to pay Weber $7.5M this year, they'll certainly accept a deal for $6.1M next year. They'd love it if someone offer sheeted him for that much and he signed it. Not going to happen though, never mind the deal with Tampa and the two 1sts.

Schneider is more likely to get an offer sheet than Weber.

What about Vancouver gave an 1 year offer sheet to Weber, Nashville match.

Schneider got an offer sheet of 3 100 000$ x 1 year.

Vancouver match the offer, they cant trade Schneider at all until he become UFA

Everyone keep their players, Everyone is Happy.

Summer 2013 Weber and Schneider become UFA, both team lose their service.

For Weber to be a Canuck next year it would take an offer of 9+ for 1 year that Nashville could not match, and Vancouver looses 4 1sts. Or Nashville accepts that Weber is leaving (like Kessel) and trade him for something of equal value, ie. what ever return we get for Schnider +, + and we could sign him long term at whatever he would take (6.5/ 10 years) to circumvent the compensation process. However I still think that Schnider will be a Canuck for 1 year at $2 million threw arbitration and Weber stays in Nashville for 6.5 / 1year.

Archived