The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Western Conference Team Is The Scariest Come Playoff Time?

Sugar baby watermelon

As the heading says, which team is the scariest come playoff time to play against the Canucks?? (meaning which do you think will make the most noise)

I know alot of you will say any team heading into the playoffs will be a tough test but I want to know which you find scary to play against when the playoffs start. It doesn't really matter what round either.

I find Nashville very intimidating in their stingy defense but what gets me is that they are scoring a bunch now. They have the red hot Rinne behind their pillars Suter & Weber. With their addition of Kostitsyn they now have been playing even better after the trade deadline. They were very good last year in the playoffs but had the goal scoring machine known as Joel Ward, who is now on the Caps, well he is gone. With Rinne posting career stats heading into the post season, do you think this will tire him out heading into the playoffs?

St. Louis is also pretty scary too, they have two goaltenders who are up to the task and they also play stingy defense.

Gotta be St.Louis because we seem to have trouble against trap teams, and they seem to have had our number in the past. Although we did sweep them in 08/09, but obviously they're a much different team now. If Halak does what he did for the Canadiens a couple seasons ago, they could be real scary.

Other teams like Detroit, Nashville, and Chicago may be longer series and they would be close, but I still think we can beat them.

Dallas, Phoenix, Colorado, and even San Jose would be more favourable mathups for us IMO.

It is hard to tell...........mainly because we have hardly ever engaged higher than 2nd gear so far this season. When we did we silenced Boston and ended Detroit's record run.............both away from home.

Frankly, I don't fear any of the other teams. I only fear whether we can now consistently play to the high tempo we have occasionally shown and the spectre of bad injury.

I am not being disrespectful here but I go back to the format of the competition. It may be admirable to beat us once (in truth, often against the run of play) but doing it 4 out of 7 is going to be something out of the reach of most of these teams.

Detroit and the Preds will be difficult and StL will be a challenge but I maintain we ARE better prepared, deeper, and more experienced. Our team is probably still hurting that they failed, in all probability, because of injury last year and that will be a great motivator when the "Big Show" gets underway.

Nashville.

After the trade deadline, as mentioned before, they have gotten better especially offencely.

Paul Gustaud 5 games, 3 points

A. Kostitsyn, 6 games, 6 points.

Also, the addition of Hal Gill will be very beneficial. It was the right time to add a vet D to strengthen their already strong D.

They already have Pekka Rinne who was amazing in last years series and who can forget Weber and Suter?

Strong team, might give us trouble.

St Louis is a close second and LA would be third on my list. LA has Quick and a VERY scary team on paper. Of course, this is if LA make the playoffs. I am hoping they do not :)

Against Detroit, Chicago, SJ, Dallas and the other teams, if we play our game, we can take them though some may be long series.

Gotta be St.Louis because we seem to have trouble against trap teams, and they seem to have had our number in the past. Although we did sweep them in 08/09, but obviously they're a much different team now. If Halak does what he did for the Canadiens a couple seasons ago, they could be real scary.

Looking at the numbers, why does it seem like we're destined to face Chicago again in the first round? Unless we snap these bad habits and get a winning streak going so we can stay in 2nd in the conference.

Nashville will be tough.

Dallas is getting hot at the right time.

St. Louis with Hitch is a stifling defensive team that has given us problems in the regular season. If AV has no answers to break that, we could be in trouble facing them.

Even the 7th and 8th seeds will be no pushovers. I just hope if we get to the finals the Canucks won't be too beaten up again.

Archived