The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Rangers' Forward Avery Retiring?

Not sure why people seem to dislike Avery so much. It's true that he underachieves and has a bad attitude, but I find him entertaining to watch.

When he does give a damn and plays hard, he's a pretty good hockey player.

Some people go to the circus to see the clowns, and since the NHL is a circus anyway, Avery might as well suit up.

If he wants to play hockey, there will be a team that will be willing to give him a chance. He's a good hockey player when his head is in it.

Why is this guy hated so much? It seems like it's cool to hate on him much like how it's cool to hate on the Canucks.

If he wants to play hockey, there will be a team that will be willing to give him a chance. He's a good hockey player when his head is in it.

Why is this guy hated so much? It seems like it's cool to hate on him much like how it's cool to hate on the Canucks.

I'm hoping that during this "retirement" Sean Avery takes a long hard look at his attitude and demeanor, as well as what he has accomplished and what he has yet to accomplish. I hope he takes a real look at himself and makes the decision to change. I personally think that a Sean Avery without the baggage would be an asset to any team.

It is in his hands now, he can revive his career, it just might take some growing up.

Archived