The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond Promoted To First Line With The Sedins

alt kilgore

I rarely if ever write a player off...But i'm sorry, just get rid of Raymond for a 2L cola if they could. The dude can't stay on his feet, he can't accept a pass, and gives the puck away on a regular basis...I literally laugh at him every shift because he does at least 1 thing to screw up a play. When Booth scored the pp goal I said to my friend "good strategy...Raymond, you just stand over there in the corner and let the rest of the team do the work...Just distract people by falling over"

I laughed my butt off yesterday when shorty said something along the lines of "and Raymond falls down"...lol, shocker.

You actually hope this happens? And then hope there is more whining, which implies that Raymond will continue to stink it up. So that tells me even you do not believe it will work.

You'd rather torture Canuck fans with saddling the Sedins with an obviously struggling winger for even more games, just to get a laugh at our misery afterwards?

Hey I have a new whiner message for your sig:

LEAVE RAYMOND ALONE!!!!

leave-britney-alone.jpg

You actually hope this happens? And then hope there is more whining, which implies that Raymond will continue to stink it up. So that tells me even you do not believe it will work.

You'd rather torture Canuck fans with saddling the Sedins with an obviously struggling winger for even more games, just to get a laugh at our misery afterwards?

Hey I have a new whiner message for your sig:

LEAVE RAYMOND ALONE!!!!

leave-britney-alone.jpg

Not at all. I've just been around long enough and gone through enough annual whipping boys, that I know that no matter what Raymond does you guys will only look for things to cry about. I can let the stupidity get to me or I can embrace it. I'm now choosing to embrace making fun of the stupidity.

Btw, there's really no need to include a pic of yourself in your posts. Consider yourself embraced.

And yet like demented budgies you people pull up your chairs, notebook in hand just waiting for a fall or a mistake so you can come on here and chirp away. You don't watch the game (you can't or you would see other players giving less and playing worse thanRaymond) you just sit and fix your eyes, trance like on No 21.

Not at all. I've just been around long enough and gone through enough annual whipping boys, that I know that no matter what Raymond does you guys will only look for things to cry about. I can let the stupidity get to me or I can embrace it. I'm now choosing to embrace making fun of the stupidity.

Btw, there's really no need to include a pic of yourself in your posts. Consider yourself embraced.

Oh I thought since you included one of yourself .....

What is funnier is that your tag line: "Dem guyz sed sumtin bad bout ma team!!!" could apply to you just as much as anyone.

You can call Raymond a "whipping boy" and thus somehow beyond criticism, but the fact is he has not been playing well. He does not drive the net, he doesn't hit, he doesn't fight, he can't score, he couldn't even get an assist playing with the Sedins last game, or on the PP. He is not strong on his skates and is easily pushed off the puck. And so when AV inexplicitly goes with one of his bizzare "hunches" and promotes him to play on the top line, how can you not expect some negative reaction from passionate Canuck fans? Even if some go overboard, how is that "stupidity"?. I think it is more idiotic NOT to expect that reaction.

Well if you can't bump the slump against the Blue Jackets, I don't know what to say.

I like that they're giving him another game. It would be so much easier if he just snappe out of it, cause we can never have too much offence, or too much speed.

You can't seriously tell me anyone who knows the tiniest little bit about hockey would say Raymond is a perfect fit for the Sedins. Even his biggest fans on here admit he is a perimeter style player much like the Sedins. What they need is someone to drive to the net and use his size. I really was most impressed with Burrow - he took the demotion like a man and showed up last night playing on the 3rd line. Raymons can skate - his issue has been and always will be staying on the puck when hit by opposing players. Its at the point where they let him wheel around knowing full well he will catch an edge or throw the puck in the middle. He is not the answer for the Sedins - honestly give Kassian some time with them - at least he will force the opposing team to pua big defender on him to deal with him in front of the net.

Honestly if it was me Mason would be in the press box and Bitz would have been brought up. Its time the boy spends some time on the outside looking in.

Don't get me wrong - Raymond was not the reason we lost last night - brutal defensive coverage and a reall lack of effort by everyone yet again did us in. My point is the is no place on this team for raymond right now - -we need some grit and a willigness to go into the corners and get the puck. There's a reason why the 2nd and 3rd lines were most effective last night - they all have players willing to go to the dirty areas to get the puck - something the Sedins and raymond can't or won't do!!!

Archived