The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond Promoted To First Line With The Sedins

alt kilgore

The reason why Raymond-Hank-Burrows worked is because they had a guy that could cycle and go to the net. The reason Daniel-Henrik-Raymond won't work is because while Raymond could cycle he will most likely keep the puck to himself, shoot from stupid angles and not go to the net or the dirty areas.

You people really need to try and see a difference between what you think is punishment and what really is motivation.

Why would a team "punish" the two reigning Art Ross trophy winners. AV is trying to Motivate these guys anyway he can. If these two are at the top of their game in the Playoffs (which you can argue that they have never been) this team will be unbeatable.

Sure in the past 8 or so games AV has limited their ice time, but this is not because he is "punishing" them, but rather the AMEX line has beeen more effective on the ice than they've been.

I'm not saying AV should coddle the twins, because that is not an effective form of motivation.

And for Chri$t sakes ppl - Leave MayRay alone. He broke his freaking back for his team, and for us in a way, to try and win a Stanley Cup. Players are, and should, not be jusdged simply on their offensive output. MayRay is a very gifted speedy defensive forward. Just because he's not meeting everyones, somewhat/unrealisticly, high expectations doesn't mean we can call him lousy. He was drafted 51st overall in '05. He's probably better than 50% of the 50 players that were drafted in front of him. That was the year Crosby, Ryan, RIP Luc, and Kopitar was drafted......... i.e. Brule drafted 5th overall.

I'm just saying I am always positive with regards to this team. Gawd knows there has been lots of negatives for the past 41 years that have been out of my/our control!

It was just lines during practice, wouldn't speculate too much unless Raymond is seen on ice with the Sedins during the game tomorrow. Heard they were spending lots of time working on the PP today, which is good.

This is very true. I didn't look at it from the 3rd line perspective. That's a great 3rd line, defensively responsible, and Burrows and Hansen together could definitely generate a good amount of offense. Especially now that Hansen looks to be finding his game at the right time

Archived