The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raymond Promoted To First Line With The Sedins

alt kilgore

AV is a gold medal winning coach and is the most winningest coach in franchise history. Sounds like half the people lose faith in him a little when he tries to produce something out of a slump.

Also, veteran players go through down periods and sometimes need a change to help them. Raymond is a magnificent skater and has been picking up his game lately so maybe you should just wait and see before you start whining about it.

The point is that things do go stale sometimes and, more importantly, other teams figure them out when they stay the same and there are patterns to our play. That has been the case, as our opposition knows exactly what to look for and can then have a response. I don't think it's a demotion as much as it is tinkering to see what clicks. We need a spark and if it at least mixes it up so that the other teams see something new, then maybe it will work.

Or, perhaps it was just a practice thing to shake things up.

OR

(slumping) May Ray's cycle + the (slumping) Twins' cycle = team SUCCESS? (Edler and Salo for the hat-trick from the point or down low in front?)

actually considering how Raymond loses the puck so easily and prefers to dance around with the disc himself, will the Twins actually get to touch the puck or would Raymond have turned it over already?

Raymond better get ready to snipe and bump guys in front, b/c the Twins won't do that.

I don't see why AV can't seperate the twins when they're struggling like now. I see no harm to it. Maybe it might even get them going. What I like to see is this

D. Sedin - Kesler - Booth

Kassian - H. Sedin - Burrows

Higgins - Pahlsson - Raymond

Malhotra - Lappiere - Hansen

Lol, like I've said many times before. When the team starts struggling, AV has no idea what to do. He's an average coach with a great team, all the AV lovers here are hilarious!

AV's had problems with Naslund,Linden,M.Schneider,Grabner,Shirokov,Hodgson,Ballard, etc.

That's a lot of skill he's messed with. If we had a real coach I'd be confident going into the playoffs this year, but I'm not.

I am going to go into tonight's game with a "if it works it works...If not,figure something else out" kinda attitude.

Nothing we say or do on here will change the outcome of the decision,so lets let it ride and see what happens.

Here to hoping it works B)

Lol, like I've said many times before. When the team starts struggling, AV has no idea what to do. He's an average coach with a great team, all the AV lovers here are hilarious!

AV's had problems with Naslund,Linden,M.Schneider,Grabner,Shirokov,Hodgson,Ballard, etc.

That's a lot of skill he's messed with. If we had a real coach I'd be confident going into the playoffs this year, but I'm not.

I congratulate you sir.

Not only are you a negative drain on the party, you appear to be the clever type who covers all the bases. That way if your forecast of doom and gloom doesn't materialise you retain your negative credibility by saying......."but eventually it will bring down the Sedin line"

Man you must be a joy at home.

Let's face it, "doom willies" like you don't want it to work. People like you are not fans. Your only concern is to predict disaster so you can come on here and brag about how you forecast it. Get a life for goodness sake.

"What I fear is that if this is the game that the Sedins decide to play better and pot a couple of goals and Raymond gets in

on them"

Yeh that's something to fear alright. Oh by the way nobody in this team "decides" to play better, especially not the Sedins. They try 100% every game. :picard:

Uh no....I said AV will have wasted this window of time to experiment with more sane mixups going into the playoffs. How could I not believe that Raymond may have a better night if playing with the Sedins? as I said it worked for others. What I said was that IMO it wouldn't work long term thus AV is wasting this time and could have been using this window to be trying out an even better alt combination.

I'd like to see Bitz up here if he is healthy and play again on the first. Try that out again. I think Kassian is still a little wet around the ears and doesn't seem mature enough and/or adjusted enough to play that role on an ongoing basis yet. Maybe next year. If AV does want to experiment I'd like to see on offense:

Sedin Sedin Bitz

Higgins Kesler Booth

Hansen Pahlsson Burrows

Kassian Lapierre Malhotra

Raymond: pine

Archived