The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Real Reason The Canucks Are Not Playing Well

*Buzzsaw*

I like your theory, i mean it is as good as any one else's.

Plus, big business is corrupt...these people don't care about the welfare of the players, they just want their all mightly buck... and anyone who doesn't think these things are rigged are living in the land of sweet fairies and butterscotch butterflies.

Even with the tinfoil hat on, OP has a good point about that Campbell dude being the (former) disciplinarian. I'm not saying I agree that's it's a conspiracy to give Boston ALL THE OPPORTINITIES (meme reference), but that does seem to be an aggregious conflict of interest. He resigned because Boston was Playing in the SCF, but if it was inappropriate for him to be lead disciplinarian for the 2011 SCF, why was it not considered inappropriate during the season?

Again, I'm not saying its a conspiracy against the nucks (or in general), but OP raised a good point, if unintentionally.

by limiting power play opportunities for every team in the league, the league is basically killing the teams with skills that can do damage on the powerplay. how people cannot see that as influencing the game of hockey is beyond me. there are rules to almost any game that people can play, but basically the NHL has turned the game of hockey into a game of bully where there are NO clearly defined rules as to why a penalty is called and why it is not called

the nhl has now basically shoved the rules down the fans throat and have left the game to the referees. eg. a team could commit 40 penalties during the game and only have 2 called. how is this kind of officiating NOT influencing the game and the outcome? How can fans not find this frustrating? How can the players not find this frustrating. Its one thing to change the set of rules every year and in the playoffs, its another to change it during the course of the season which is clearly the case this year

the canucks team including management are clearly frustrated by this change and you can see it and hear it from both the players and management

Well said,36 years.

The NHL refs put away their whistles and yet the rules are there to be enforced and the infractions pile up without games being called properly or in any way consistently.Who made this decision-again?

PK's stick is struck over Kes' noggin.PK runs Henrik on multiple occasions.No calls.No comeback from Canucks players or management.

The NHL,as a huge monopolistic business,is not growing their game and enamoring their game to their fan base.

They are just angering and confusing everyone.Quite the show Bettman has going here.

I'm assuming nothing.

Fact:  Boston owner is head of Board of Governors NHL

Fact:  Head of discipline during 2010/2011 had a son playing for Boston, and big surprise, no suspensions for star Boston players in regular season or any players during playoffs

Fact:  Penalties versus the Canucks during Chicago series were lopsided

Fact:  Penalties for and against the Canucks have radically changed in proportion since before and after allstar break 2012

I could go on, maybe you need to re-read my posts.

This thread is redundant and should be moved to one of the other conspiracy threads started last year before the playoffs.

Premature excuses for insecure fans.

It's funny how in threads like this though words like "facts" and "assumptions" suddenly take on a different meaning than what the dictionary provides.

Oh and I like bunnies.

Ok... did we only just find out this year that reffing changes in the playoffs? It always does EVERY SINGLE YEAR and it always has been less penalties called. They usually let things go so players can play the game unless the game becomes real nasty.

While I don't like how the number of calls suddenly went down league-wide after the ASB, I wouldn't mind it if the exact same trend continued into the playoffs. This would give players in the league enough time to know what will be called or not called in the playoffs and they can all learn that while playing less meaningful games.

I read the OP and I don't think I can argue against him. Not because he's right, but because he has no valid argument. You can't logically argue against somebody who isn't being logical. I'll just say he makes a prime example of how conspiracy theorist's thought process works. They do list a number of facts, but they connect those facts the way they WANT to see to get to their goal. OP didn't see the league fixing the game out of all the facts. He felt and wanted to see the league fixing the games. Then he started looking for any fact that may sound even remotely similar to his theory. Now he seems to have built a wall of fantasy around him so thick, no sane thoughts or arguments can penetrate. I think the only reasonable thing we can do is to accept that he is a conspiracy theorist and it is impossible to convince him at this point.

The Canucks are just trying to get to the playoffs healthy, the have no one in their division pushing them. It has been said by Hughson and Simpson on HNIC that of all teams that make the playoffs the Canucks are the team that the playoff cant come fast enough. The Canucks have some unfinished buisness to do and i cant wait for it to start. The big teams like Detroit, Rangers,Boston, have all taken their foot off the gas. Let Calgary,Colorado,kings,Sharks blow their wad now.

Only thing I'll say about this thread (as I'm not a big believer of the conspiracy theory) :

Until Gary Bettman leaves as Commish, the NHL will remain a bush league.

It has gone worst year after year, and the Southern hockey market has failed.

Time for renewal and new blood at the helm of the NHL.

GO :canucks: GO

Hey, vancanfan. Better not. I'll be lookin' for "armless" photos if they don't win. Why? B/c I'm a sadistic son-of-a... you know what.

But that said. I hope to hell they win the Cup this year. 40 years is a bit too long... Go 'Nucks!

The conspiracy isn't against the Canucks, its against any teams that are designed with speed and skill in mind more so than grit and toughness. Its designed so these teams full of plugs can still compete. If the game was called to the letter of the law a lot of these clutch and grab teams would end up shorthanded 6 to 10 times a game easily. The few "fans" of these teams wouldn't stick around long with the beatings they would recieve if the game was called this way, therefore the NHL wants to manage the games by barely calling anything that was a penalty last year or hell even earlier this year. It seems that regardless of whats happening on the ice the penalties generally end out more or less even...this shouldnt be the case in my opinion if one team is outplaying the other the refs shouldnt ignore penalties taken against the superior team just in the interest of keeping the game close. As an example, look at the Canucks vs Jets game from a few days ago...this was one of the few games recently where I felt the Canucks clearly outplayed their opponent, but the Jets had 3 powerplays and the Canucks had 1, with many obvious examples of missed calls that went in the Jets favor. The Jets are a relatively low skilled team in my opinion, sure they have a couple guys with some pedigree but its mostly a team of plugs, and even if the Canucks wouldn't have scored on the 4-5 (conservitive estimate) additional powerplays that could have been called that game, thats 8-10 mins where the Jets could not get the momentum that can come playing 5v5 as opposed to short handed. Once again this is not a conspiracy against the Canucks specifically, I'm sure if I watched a few non-Canuck games it wouldn't be hard to find many more examples like this.

Tonight we saw the reality of the fix again and the effect its having on the Canucks headspace.

The Canucks were playing well, generally dominating, then what happened?

First we saw Heatley get away with a cheapshot at a Sedin, and the player who tried to legitimately defend him thrown in the penalty box.

So the Wild scores.

Then we see Kesler getting run, and somehow he gets a penalty too. Shades of Henrik Sedin getting punched in the face by Marchand in the playoffs and Henrik getting a penalty for punching back with his face against Marchand's glove.

How do you think it feels to players to know the league will do anything to keep them out of Cup contention. They know if its this bad in the regular season, what's it going to be like in the playoffs?

Every team in the league knows its ok to run the Canucks best players. Everyone who does has a free pass, get out of jail card.

Maybe the Canucks as a team will pull out an amazing effort and push past the biased refereeing, but I can imagine the thoughts going through their heads right now.

Now we have the final result of the league's policy: Daniel out as a result of a deliberate intent to injure.

It didn't start tonight, it started back in the 2011 playoffs when the Bruins were given a free pass out of jail for everytime they wanted to run a Sedin or any Canuck star.

From Brad Marchand to Johnny Boychuk, every player on that Boston team knew the Refs were looking the other way.

And now its happening in the regular season too. Every team which plays the Canucks knows they can cheapshot the Sedins. And finally one of the goons goes a little further and Daniel is out. Could have been Henrik, could have been Kesler. Remember the game in Ottawa when Kesler was run twice and the Ref's did nothing? Remember the Montreal game when Henrik was crosschecked, or the Dallas game or any of the game's in the last 15 when crosschecking, slashing and hacking the Canucks stars was a gimme?

You forgot to mention how the bruins got into the Stanley cup final.... A game seven against a team which was very well established with the man advantage and what happened??? No penalties were called just to give the bruins some extra edge...

I do agree with you 100% and quite frankly what man would not want his son with a cup ring???? Especially when Colin did not have the opportunity to get his name on the cup... Sure some people think this is all a controversy along with game 7 against TB, Pacioretti hit, owner of Bruins on the NHL board of directors and do on. Let's be honest here and face the facts.... Ifcourse we might never find out the truth but at least people need to realize that could very well be the reason Boston got to the scf and won...

I'm assuming nothing.

Fact: Boston owner is head of Board of Governors NHL

Fact: Head of discipline during 2010/2011 had a son playing for Boston, and big surprise, no suspensions for star Boston players in regular season or any players during playoffs

Fact: Penalties versus the Canucks during Chicago series were lopsided

Fact: Penalties for and against the Canucks have radically changed in proportion since before and after allstar break 2012

I could go on, maybe you need to re-read my posts.

Archived