The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

The Real Reason The Canucks Are Not Playing Well

*Buzzsaw*

Born and raised in B.C. and been a Canucks fan from the get go. Sorry to ruin yet another one of your assumptions based on someone not agreeing with you. Notice you didnt answer anything I asked, but went on another rant conjured up out of no where. Enjoy your world.

So you say...

As far as my comments about the schedule, I have provided some facts about the Canucks road trip schedules.

Now its up to you to provide the facts against those points. Instead you said exactly NOTHING.

Is it too much to expect that the team with the worst travel penalty should get some consideration in how they are scheduled, and not penalized further?

According to NHL head office, NO.

I'm assuming nothing.

Fact: Boston owner is head of Board of Governors NHL

Fact: Head of discipline during 2010/2011 had a son playing for Boston, and big surprise, no suspensions for star Boston players in regular season or any players during playoffs

Fact: Penalties versus the Canucks during Chicago series were lopsided

Fact: Penalties for and against the Canucks have radically changed in proportion since before and after allstar break 2012

I could go on, maybe you need to re-read my posts.

I'm assuming nothing.

Fact: Boston owner is head of Board of Governors NHL

Fact: Head of discipline during 2010/2011 had a son playing for Boston, and big surprise, no suspensions for star Boston players in regular season or any players during playoffs

Fact: Penalties versus the Canucks during Chicago series were lopsided

Fact: Penalties for and against the Canucks have radically changed in proportion since before and after allstar break 2012

I could go on, maybe you need to re-read my posts.

Buzzsaw, put away the bong, hide the tin foil and belly up to the bandwagon. There's still room for you to climb aboard once the playoffs start. Your post is about as foolish as a post can get. Your complaint is exactly the same complaint that Philly, New York and Nashville make. FAIL!

Buzzsaw, put away the bong, hide the tin foil and belly up to the bandwagon. There's still room for you to climb aboard once the playoffs start. Your post is about as foolish as a post can get. Your complaint is exactly the same complaint that Philly, New York and Nashville make. FAIL!

I dont normally make posts on here but I had to say something on this topic. I really cant understand why most people on here dont believe that the NHL is at least a little bit crooked. The OP made some very good points. I have thought this league has been quite shady since 1994. The majority of teams are based in the US, it is Bettman's job to make the game profitable there and that is why I think Canadian teams will not be allowed to win the Stanley Cup. Does no one else find it odd that 5 Canadian teams have made the final since Montreal won in 1993 (Van twice) and four of those series went 7 games, not one of those Canadian teams were able to win.

I am under the impression that those 5 teams were only allowed to get that far to keep interest up here in Canada. Just imagine if no canadian team made the final since 1993, would we all still think that nothing was wrong? Bettman works for the team owners essentially and 23 of them are in the states, of course he will be biased towards them.

As of right now I personally dont think there is much wrong with the on ice officials, IMO they are doing their job as they are instructed to do it by Bettman or one of his subordinates. Come playoff time we will all be pissing and moaning about how the NHL screwed us after STL, NSH, BOS, or NYR win the cup.

Hi Wolves Prospect. I think you wrote a very thoughtful post, and brought up some very good points. You've probably stopped reading the comments to it, with the number of idiotic replies that have been posted, but you have to remember there are a lot of half wits - of all ages - that troll the forums, so have patience, and just tune out the imbeciles.

In regards to your premise, I agree the team (and in particular the Sedins) must have days when they feel this is all going backwards and the cards are stacked against them. What any experienced and intelligent observer can see is there is a battle for the soul of the game, that is being waged on the ice, with the calls and non-calls by the refs, and in the media and management boardrooms of the league. The goon show (Bruins owner, Campbell, Bettman, Cherry, etc) are stacked against anyone who wants to bring the game closer to the skilled, play-making style that the Sedins represent. As history represents, dinosaurs are doomed to distinction, but this particular group won't go without a fight - and from the way the Canucks were mauled in the finals last year, and since the trade deadline this year, it's fair to assume the goon show didn't appreciate Gillis calling them out in the playoff series against Chicago last year, and have made him (and the Canucks) their pet whipping boy to maintain their power and make an example of rebels.

The sad irony is, Gillis finally buckled to the notion of toughening up, when he traded Hodgson for Kassian (when he could have gotten toughness for draft picks), so he's gone to these GM meetings to argue for offense, when the reality is the Canucks no longer have the top offense (or probably even rate in the top 3) in the West. With Hodgson gone, the third line offence is gone, allowing teams to focus on mugging the Sedins even more. I think that's another reason for the team's brutal sag right now. With the emergence of Hodgson this year, and his play-making skills, every line felt it could contribute offensively; and that they could be a dominant team for years to come.

With the third line eviscerated, and every other team loading up offensively (LA, St. Louis, Philly, Nashville with Radulov) the players know it's an uphill battle this year to even get to the conference final. Before the trade deadline, I really thought the team could take the cup this year. Since then, with the trade, and the way the refs have been instructed to call the games, I think it would take a miracle to go all the way. I'm hoping for the best, but will not be surprised at a first or second round exit. Our best hope may be in picking up one of the two highly skilled Russian centers in the draft (through trade for Schneider) and getting back to a three-line scoring philosophy - and hope the dinosaurs fade out before the Sedins are in the old folks home.

(You can read the full article at: http://www.nhlteamsandtrades.com/)

I am clearly tired of all the bs that the refs are handing out lately. Its clear that most people on this board are as blind as two refs and two linesmen. The game is clearly changed and we all know Gary has a big boner for the american teams. He couldnt give a rats *** if canadian teams ever win the cup again which is sad, considering it is our game our sport. I dont know about you but there was alot of montreal players getting away with alot of crap that should have been called. I am not saying its all the refs fault but clearly if there is a penalty that should be called then for god sakes call it, whats the point of having rules in a game if they dont enforce them or follow them.

Archived