The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Interesting Read On "why Isn't Cory Starting?" Vs Phoenix

nonpuckbunny

Luongo's career numbers vs. PHX (w/ Vancouver):

11-5-1, 1.83 GAA, 93.7 SV%, 3 SO

At home, he's 7-3-0, 1.69 GAA, 94.0 SV%, 2 SO

With the exception of the first game back from his groin injury in '08-'09 in which he allowed 4 goals, every game we've lost has been because of a lack of goal scoring.

Seems like a good decision to me if they want Lu to get his confidence back; play him against a team he owns.

Schneider has been the better goalie all season long. Therefore, he should play. Its as simple as that. I don't care about getting Luongo to exercise his demons, or get his confidence back, or get back on form, or whatever the'yre calling it these days. Its been a topic of discussion for far too long. Schneider IS on form. He has been on form ever since he joined the team a couple seasons ago. He has done absolutely everything this season to show that he is the better goalie and its an absolute travesty that he is still sitting on the bench. $60 million contract be damned...Schneider deserves the start.

Statistically, One would think Schneider should be playing and he was very good in Phoenix( I saw that game) but its a lot about team chemistry...that being said, the team needs both goalies to be on top of their game going into the playoffs. Unless Lou is working on some of his shortcomings in practice...playings not going to help him much. If he is, then he needs to put them into a game situation to get the confidence back. Management have made a choice based on their thoughts..and I'm sure there is a strategy here..They're not going to share it with the fans.AV cut his answer short as to why Lou is playing.... Unless Lou finds his game, along with others, this team is going to have big problems come playoffsThe golf clubs are out of the garage and in the trunk now !!

Majority of all this talk is pointless. Nothing we as fans can do. Luongo is the franchise #1 and Mike Gillis/AV will always go with him. If he was playing that horrible all by himself why did the offense get called out?

The way I see it in Vancouver. You guys call for Schneider when that happens and he plays 60 games with bad games will everyone want Lack as starter? Canucks developed Cory into the leagues top up and comer between the pipes. No doubt he would want to stay. Why does everyone assume so? Never has complained about his minutes. He will get his games either way if he earned them or not. Schneider has proved not be selfish and won't talk about contracts until the time comes where I full faith MG will do what's best for him and what he wants not what fans or media think is rigjt.

It's not even the end of the season yet everyone talks about "Cups" and "Contracts" like we fast forwarded to all the drama that comes at the end of the season. Just chill everyone! We don't know what's going to happen and let's live in the now. Playoffs haven't started but everyone already talking about Luongos playoffs, all the negativty and people wonder why everyone hates us. Let's be fans and start cheering! They can't hear us as majority of you are bitching and complaininf 24/7 like the Canucks are the Maple Leafs not making the playoffs.

Gillis is a very smart guy, and do not think for a minute the signing of Lou was something he would have done unless forced to. Gillis himself said long term contracts are not the way to go, but in this case it was because with Luongo his hands were tied by our Italian owners who want their Italian goalie to be the man no matter what.

Archived