The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Will The Canucks Win The President's Trophy This Year?

-Vintage Canuck-

Who wins the President's Trophy?  

109 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well.. did a quick google just to see if anybody's ever done it 2 years in a row...

1987–88 Calgary Flames 105pts Lost Division Finals (EDM) (1)

1988–89 Calgary Flames 117pts Won Stanley Cup* (2)

1994–95 Detroit Red Wings 70pts Lost Stanley Cup Finals (NJ) (1)

1995–96 Detroit Red Wings 131pts Lost Conference Finals (COL) (2)

1997–98 Dallas Stars 109pts Lost Conference Finals (DET) (1)

1998–99 Dallas Stars 114pts Won Stanley Cup* (2)

Been done 3 times, with 2 of them finishing it off with Lord Stanley ::D

edit: The Wings went on to win the Stanley Cup in '1996-97 though.. year after their 2nd consecutive President's Trophy.

double edit:

actually, the Wings won 2 Stanley Cups in a row after their 2nd consecutive President's trophy.. 1996-97, and 1997-98.

I say go for it.. if this team finally gets over the hump, we could see an actual Dynasty happening here.. :towel:

No, I do not think the Vancouver Canucks will win the President's Trophy this year. You can see in the last 2 month's we are either very unlucky or the players are not motivated to go for it, and rather avoid unnecessary risks/injuries and trying to experiment so we have more options during the playoffs.

And honestly, who could blame AV and the players? I rather have a full and optimalized team eager and ready for the playoffs, then a 2nd consecutive President's Trophy and getting kicked out in the first round or losing our Star players before the playoffs.

We know we win the division title easly, and honestly thats fine for me untill the playoffs. It was nice to win it last year, but if they won it again I guess it also brings more pressure to the team too.

I think the New York Rangers will win, and let them deal with the pressure, maybe we get our revenge in game 7 in the final haha;)

Guest The Brown Burrows

I'm going with St. Louis.

The Blues have got a pretty easy schedule.

The Rangers schedule starts off easy but the last two weeks really pick up.

The Canucks have got the easiest schedule by far but we can't seem to beat easy teams with ease.

Im not counting on it. Not saying that we are too far behind (because we aren't) and not saying we're not good enough for it (again, because we are) but for what ever reason i think the Blues will take the west at the very least and we'll be just behind them (within 3 PTS).

We won it last year, would be nice to win it again but this year lets focus more on the real cup.

I'm going with St. Louis.

The Blues have got a pretty easy schedule.

The Rangers schedule starts off easy but the last two weeks really pick up.

The Canucks have got the easiest schedule by far but we can't seem to beat easy teams with ease.

Archived