The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

How Is This Team Tougher Then Last Year?

yete

Kassian doesn't hit. Kassian needs to hit. He NEEDS to. If he doesn't, send him to the farm and call up somebody/dress somebody that does.. Like Weise. Or Bitz.

The game against Montreal was horrendous. They just went around destroying the Sedins (Mostly PK), and nobody hit him or fought him? Okay Kassian, go fight the other tough guy on the other team.. that really does a ton to help us, not. I know he's his friend and all, but Kassian needs to show he can actually stick up for him team mates. He had better show that within these next games here.

PS, Bitz or Weise would not have even flinched and gone after PK.

PS, PS, Where the hell has Kesler's Physical presence gone!? :sadno:

Torres? Great, quality player for his roll.

Glass? Soft as hell, can't perform under pressure

Oreskovich? So, so invisible.. Thinks he's a scorer when he's not.

Bitz? Hard hitting, strong, large forward with okay hockey skills.

Kassian? Big power foward with a lot of potential for scoring

Weise? Scraps when he has to, plays with his heart

I don't get last year we had raffi torres, tanner glass and victor oreskovich

ok raffi torres and victor oreskovich I still remember starting the playoffs they hit every moving player brought energy...

even tanner glass had some edge

so are we tougher this year here is whom we have currently

maxuim lappriere - ok this guy is a another Avery face it canucks fans he doesn't bring toughness he brings a different element

manny malhorta - still no toughness here?

and finally zack kassian - thas it? this is our one player we have for toughness? How many times will he fight in a game to try sparking the team or hit? he is just one player !

I dont know what the plan is for this team come playoffs but we don't look tougher then last year thats for sure...

also before you say we have toughness they are healthy scratches then whos the odd man out? i know for sure AV won't bench raymond, manny or lapriere? I think Gillis made a foolish mistake come deadline day he should of traded away either manny or laprierre or even raymond........... This team does not look tougher then last years team........

Sedins doubling their hits from last season, they are trying to play more tougher. The whole team dynamic has changed to where u mess with my teammate, im coming after you, as to where it was do nothing score on the pp last year. Torres made big hits last year, Oreo did nothing, Glass played soft. Hopefully we'll see Kass turn it up come playoffs but I am loving what his presence has done to Lappierre, just nailing everything in sight. Kassian sticks up for teammates unlike Torres who was only willing to fight to defend himself. That gives our whole team more confidence to play their game especially the Sedins. So yes we are tougher than last year, but not better.

Volpatti, Bitz, and Duco will be solid options to slot on the 4th line against the tougher, bigger opponents. If we play a pure skill team like Detroit, we can keep our 4th more defensively minded like Manny - Lappy - Raymond. I'd say AV has some nice cards to play come playoff time.

That's a good point. Fact is, Canucks aren't tougher at the moment. I think toughness will mostly be missed on the 3rd checking line - Torres made guys keep their heads up.

But unlike last year, Canucks actually have toughness on the farm who could be called up - Bitz and Duco (Weise). So AV could add grit if he wanted.

EDIT: Remember the SJS series, the game after Eager nailed D. Sedin from behind - AV started Glass, Torres and Lappy. Like that was supposed to 'send' some sort of message. Pretty sure SJS was laughing their butts off. This yr, Av could throw out Kassian, Bitz and Lappy. That would be a message.

That's a good point. Fact is, Canucks aren't tougher at the moment. I think toughness will mostly be missed on the 3rd checking line - Torres made guys keep their heads up.

But unlike last year, Canucks actually have toughness on the farm who could be called up - Bitz and Duco (Weise). So AV could add grit if he wanted.

EDIT: Remember the SJS series, the game after Eager nailed D. Sedin from behind - AV started Glass, Torres and Lappy. Like that was supposed to 'send' some sort of message. Pretty sure SJS was laughing their butts off. This yr, Av could throw out Kassian, Bitz and Lappy. That would be a message.

Archived